Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

The Worlds Longest Leicester City Quiz...

5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Ok it's been a while now, so here goes. Can you name the World Cup Finals match and year where both Goal Keepers had played in the Leicester youth team during there development?

1990 Eng v ROI, Shilts and Packie Bonner

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Ok it's been a while now, so here goes. Can you name the World Cup Finals match and year where both Goal Keepers had played in the Leicester youth team during there development?

Good one. 

I vaguely remember a thread on here from a few years ago that mentioned Ireland keeper Packie Bonner not making it as part of our youth set up - which I wasn't aware of.

I'm sure he played for Ireland in Italia 90 when they played England in the group match and Shilton was in goal for us so that would be my best guess...

Edit. Looks like I was 14 seconds too late :D

Edited by Izzy Muzzett

1 minute ago, peterborofox said:

Patrick Bamford 

Burnley, Norwich and Palace 

You da man.

Bamford's double cameo in our title winning season had some key moments.

Against Palace, October 2015, he came on in the second half and almost immediately Vardy scored with that gorgeous dink and thwack. Bamford had a couple of chances in the last ten minutes - had either gone in the boys would have been deprived of that famous pizza trip. 

Against Norwich, February 2016, he came on in injury time after Ulloa's goal and had a decent chance to equalise.

The Burnley game was the start of the following season.

Edited by kushiro