Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

The Worlds Longest Leicester City Quiz...

2 minutes ago, onekeithweller said:

Steve Sims, score a goal, Jimmy Bloomfields last game as manager. My last 5,000/1 shot!:D

Get a good night's sleep mate! 

By the way, when I asked 'what is he about to do?' I had in mind something like 'score the winner at Stamford Bridge' (for example) rather than just 'score a goal'. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Is it the winner in our first league cup win back in '64 (don't know who scored it).

No, not that.

Let's get the question back on the same page of the thread:

1) Who is this?

2) What is he about to do in the picture?

3) What was the significance of this game?

IMG_0900.jpg

Edited by kushiro

8 hours ago, onekeithweller said:

Thats close enough for me! I think Mahrez debut (not full debut) was Boro at home 2-0 on 25/01/14 and I don't know these things without looking them up first, I'm not an encyclopaedia! Well played!

What about Matt James? His debut was before Mahrez?

4 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Is it Pat Byrne?

Scored a goal a Anfield?

Ended Liverpool's 85 game unbeaten run at home in 1981?

You got it!  

What a week that was. Lose to Third Division Exeter City in the FA Cup on Wednesday, then go to Anfield and break their 85 game unbeaten home record ( a record that still stands today). That picture is pretty rare, I think. I don't think I've seen it in any of the Leicester history books (correct me if I'm wrong) - nor the picture below, of Melrose scoring the winner that day (Byrne's goal was the equaliser after Alan Young's own goal had put Liverpool ahead).

IMG_0901.jpg

Edited by kushiro
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, kushiro said:

You got it!  

What a week that was. Lose to Third Division Exeter City in the FA Cup on Wednesday, then go to Anfield and break their 85 game unbeaten home record ( a record that still stands today). That picture is pretty rare, I think. I don't think I've seen it in any of the Leicester history books (correct me if I'm wrong) - nor the picture below, of Melrose scoring the winner that day (Byrne's goal was the equaliser after Alan Young's own goal had put Liverpool ahead).

IMG_0901.jpg

The best bit about that game was the reaction from the kop at the end.

The respect they gave our players and us fans was unreal.

And it sealed the double over them. Not many clubs at the time before or after the run we ended could claim a double.

Edited by sylofox

38 minutes ago, kushiro said:

You got it!  

IMG_0901.jpg

OK my question:

When Mark Wallington got injured in the classic FA Cup QF win against Shrewsbury in 1982, who replaced him in goal for the next game (old div 2) 3 days later? And who was the match against?