Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

13 hours ago, Tuna said:

Vehicles should be limited to 20 mph in all built up/urban areas and 40 mph everywhere else.

it’s supposedly worse for our health to have cars drive more slowly in built up areas!

it’s also bad for our health to get hit by cars, of course..

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Dreadnought said:

Olympic Opening Ceremonies are shit. 
This one is the shittest ever. 

I thought the London 2012 one was superb. Danny Boyle nailed it IMHO

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

I can't get enough of the badly dubbed King Power advert on the stream

It's so bad it's brilliant

"Fox never quih"

Genius

It's played at every home game at half time, and as soon as I read this my brain starts autocompleting it. THE LEGENDARY PAD THAI, THE BEST STREET FOOD IN TOWN.

Still have a soft spot in my heart for the ad with Vards Skyping his needy Thai friend on the beach using the video screens in the KP. Never fails to make me laugh. "Oh, hello there" 

Edited by orangecity23

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

I genuinely fail to understand why @ozleicester gets banned from threads when he is rational, balanced...and quite nice - while absolute spanners continue to post deranged horseshit.

He does get a little bit manic left wing at times, but indeed I have no problem with him posting his views.

On 27/07/2024 at 07:46, orangecity23 said:

It's played at every home game at half time, and as soon as I read this my brain starts autocompleting it. THE LEGENDARY PAD THAI, THE BEST STREET FOOD IN TOWN.

Still have a soft spot in my heart for the ad with Vards Skyping his needy Thai friend on the beach using the video screens in the KP. Never fails to make me laugh. "Oh, hello there" 

Sawadeee lol 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

He does get a little bit manic left wing at times, but indeed I have no problem with him posting his views.

Tell me there aren't far worse in the news thread and keep a straight face. :D

Worst thing Oz does is go "All business CEOs of businesses in business world are satanic", and yet we've got racist and fascist apologists running amok. 

I love the word amok. Look at it, it's bizarre. It's like a different species of word that's recently been found in the Amazon. Harmless word though, like Oz.

But then this is the unpopular opinion thread. 

So, while I'm at it, I think everyone who posted in the news thread in the last 24 hours should get a 24hr ban to contemplate whether their involvement was positive. Everyone. Like when a teacher punishes the whole class because some twat keeps making silly noises.

Except for me, because I'm the teacher's pet innit :whistle::innocent:

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Tell me there aren't far worse in the news thread and keep a straight face. :D

Worst thing Oz does is go "All business CEOs of businesses in business world are satanic", and yet we've got racist and fascist apologists running amok. 

I love the word amok. Look at it, it's bizarre. It's like a different species of word that's recently been found in the Amazon. Harmless word though, like Oz.

But then this is the unpopular opinion thread. 

So, while I'm at it, I think everyone who posted in the news thread in the last 24 hours should get a 24hr ban to contemplate whether their involvement was positive. Everyone. Like when a teacher punishes the whole class because some twat keeps making silly noises.

Except for me, because I'm the teacher's pet innit :whistle::innocent:

I have tried to stay out of it other than slightly mocking the posting of some machete idiots in Southend like that has anything to do with Southport.  Said mocking was apparently not obvious enough to pierce the moronic brain.

7 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I have tried to stay out of it other than slightly mocking the posting of some machete idiots in Southend like that has anything to do with Southport.  Said mocking was apparently not obvious enough to pierce the moronic brain.

Ah I went back, your fault @daggers you were there too.

Edited by Jon the Hat

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

And there's my point made from another part of the political spectrum :thumbup: