Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

Just now, Benguin said:

Getting banned  posting in a thread because you make one comment saying the left are more provocative than they think is the height of biased pettiness.  

Perhaps that's a little better/ more fortunate than not having had the chance to contribute to it at all. Perhaps not so biased?

(Incidentally, I don't think it's petty, either, the mods have a difficult job to do.)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Getting banned  posting in a thread because you make one comment saying the left are more provocative than they think is the height of biased pettiness.  

I feel you man. I disagreed strongly with what you said but these arbitrary banning are absurd. It hasn’t even stopped anyone. There’s others in the thread now having the exact same discussions and not getting banned. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I feel you man. I disagreed strongly with what you said but these arbitrary banning are absurd. It hasn’t even stopped anyone. There’s others in the thread now having the exact same discussions and not getting banned. 

Cheers. Im with Keir on this one as well. It is right wing thuggery for the most part. I’d open the borders to the extent that some left wing people would start protesting about immigration. I am a Christian and am betting my life that I will be spending eternity in the biggest globalist community ever, with every tribe, nation and tongue worshiping in one accord.

My only commentary on this whole event is that people hate being called idiots and racists ( not commenting in whether they are or are not) and they hate feeling like their opinions do not matter. So everything I am seeing from the left is, in my opinion fanning the flame a lot more. 

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

I got banned from the new news thread without a single warning when my only post in there was saying “never a good way to start a statement” quoting a post by Dr the Singh saying “I know some people, they’re not racist but…” then saying about how Muslims get preferential treatment by the police: Of course he didn’t get banned from the thread at all so I guess the mods here disagree. 

1 hour ago, Benguin said:

+1 Getting banned from the news thread for stating the violent left were rioting in Paris last month. *Which was entirely true, not an opinion. 

No warning or explanation, yet others get away with personal attacks calling legitimate people vile, fascists etc.

My view on these riots is that the PM could quell the violence somewhat by calling out violent thugs on both sides equally. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Otis said:

+1 Getting banned from the news thread for stating the violent left were rioting in Paris last month. *Which was entirely true, not an opinion. 

No warning or explanation, yet others get away with personal attacks calling legitimate people vile, fascists etc.

My view on these riots is that the PM could quell the violence somewhat by calling out violent thugs on both sides equally. 

As mentioned in earlier conversation to another poster, you're welcome on the Sci/Tech thread any time. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Otis said:

The violence isn't equal on both sides, though.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, inckley fox said:

Did you see the Tottenham riots?

Did you see the violent disorder at Meridien in 2022?

Have you seen the extensive about of damage and disorder the Palestine protests have caused? 

Police vehicles are damaged almost daily in places like Bradford, Luton and around a lot of Traveller sites. 

I am by no means defending the ‘far right’ or ‘anti immigration protestors’ but they are absolutely not the only ones that have caused disorder like this and will certainly not be the last having seen what’s brewing in Birmingham this evening. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Benguin said:

I am a Christian and am betting my life that I will be spending eternity in the biggest globalist community ever, with every tribe, nation and tongue worshiping in one accord.

The bookies always win.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, inckley fox said:

All i see is guys with balaclavas, angry and looking for trouble on all sides.  Thats not protesting.  Anyone going to an event face covered is there for trouble, no matter what side.

There is that happy clappy crowd that pops up, with lovely peace banners but tha angry thugs on both sides take centre stage.  Some of the ladies look like they could be fun, just saying.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I'd happily help mod this place. I'm a mod on The Wolves Forum and that is a very relaxed place in terms of bans/warnings. Only for personal attacks, but you've got to be transparent with a clear code of conduct. 

Though I realise on here I am the equivalent of an immigrant, who occasionally gets abuse and asked why I don't go back where I come from 😉

No thank u.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Sampson said:

I got banned from the new news thread without a single warning when my only post in there was saying “never a good way to start a statement” quoting a post by Dr the Singh saying “I know some people, they’re not racist but…” then saying about how Muslims get preferential treatment by the police: Of course he didn’t get banned from the thread at all so I guess the mods here disagree. 

Everyone gets banned from there.  I wouldn't worry.

Funny how both “sides” on here feel like the mods are against them. I’m pretty sure Mark leans to the right. I once got my posts deleted and banned from a thread because I pulled someone up on using the word “poof”. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

Is it an unpopular opinion if I genuinely wouldn't be that gutted if a lot of the restaurant/ hospitality industry just sort of collapsed?

Having been abroad, recently, enjoying better food and better service - I'm struggling to think of a time that I've actually felt value for money in the UK - certainly since Covid. 

Yes, I’m in an angry mood 😂 I realise these two posts may have been better suited to the “…. what grinds your gears….” thread.

I’ll add another…….

people posting shite in the wrong thread. 

Edited by RumbleFox