Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

11 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Tongue in cheek, nevermind, whooosh

Yes, thank you, I realised that, not to mention your emoji indicating this. Understand though that many on here wouldn't. 

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

The 7% figure came from a study in 1967 with around 130 college students, it's apocryphal 

https://davidrnovak.com/writing/article/2020/03/killing-the-myth-that-93-of-communication-is-nonverbal

I used to have the book this guy references by an FBI agent. 

What I read of it was interesting but the guy was so up his own arse I couldn't bear to read the whole thing.

I think your point about reading comprehension probably applies in general. I see it at work all the time.

2 hours ago, ajthefox said:

I used to have the book this guy references by an FBI agent. 

What I read of it was interesting but the guy was so up his own arse I couldn't bear to read the whole thing.

I think your point about reading comprehension probably applies in general. I see it at work all the time.

People spell my name incorrectly in emails… it’s literally right there in the address bar.

On the FBI theme, Never Split The Difference is a fantastic read by Chris Voss

22 hours ago, Izzy said:

Considering words alone are only 7% of how we communicate in the real world, it's amazing there's not more misunderstanding on here IMO

We can't see non verbal cues, notice body language or hear tonality, let alone sense what's sarcasm, wit, humour, or a throwaway comment.

Makes me wonder why we all bother posting at all really!

Many arn't anymore since they currently banned  :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

Are you a member of it or something? All I see is another thread and a restricted link.

Yeh it is locked, forgot that, still have it on my favourites tab. A Partner at my previous firm was a Millwall fan and member and gave me his logon once. It is seriously unhinged.

4 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

To be honest, I’m less keen on people deciding nowadays  :ph34r:

well, democratically at least… unless you don’t like Starmer and would prefer Boris back? :D

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

There should be one unmoderated, wild west forum thread where people can go full dumpster fire mode. Put it in a special sub forum called enter at your own risk.

I vote that @Raj be the sheriff 

• Like 1