Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

13 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Like most things in the world things change. The original premise that seniors should get a discount because they’ve been down the mines grafting for 57 years and now need to tighten their belts in retirement is not valid. These days Colin is retiring from 40 years in a public sector keyboard bashing job with a final salary pension and a house he bought for £50k worth 7 figures. Colin does not need a discount.

Believe it or not not all pensioners are home owners

9 hours ago, MPH said:

but this doesn’t make sense if full paying adults who could easily take their seats are being kept out?

Mate I’m not a salesman so I cannot give you the economics 101 of OAP discounts. But I think it’s obvious that commercial enterprises like lcfc are not giving anyone a discount to say thank you. 
And I think it further sums up how lazy and bad lcfc and others are by giving the most economically affluent group in the country a discount. 

9 hours ago, Sly said:

If you taxed people on body fat percentage, the country would be in a better shape health wise. Annual assessment, then crack on! 

10% body fat - 10% fax for the next six month.

45% body fat, you’re spending too much money on food. 45% tax.

:ph34r:

Sadly, obesity strong has links to poverty. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Mate I’m not a salesman so I cannot give you the economics 101 of OAP discounts. But I think it’s obvious that commercial enterprises like lcfc are not giving anyone a discount to say thank you. 
And I think it further sums up how lazy and bad lcfc and others are by giving the most economically affluent group in the country a discount. 

well they are certainly not doing it to make money off of them as you’ve suggested…. There’s so many full paying adults that would take those seats if they could….

23 minutes ago, MPH said:

well they are certainly not doing it to make money off of them as you’ve suggested…. There’s so many full paying adults that would take those seats if they could….

Exactly and hence my point. Lcfc are lazy and useless, it's a legacy discount, to reverse it would be PR disaster. But it makes no sense today. They should not be giving baby boomers (most economically affluent generation) any discounts. Baby boomers should be subsidising match tickets for the rest of us as they've hoarded all the wealth. 

If the club really cared they would be giving women and minorities a discount, groups who have an earnings gap in the present. 

46 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Get all of you with your daft, unpopular opinions. lol

I mean, I just wanted to tax myself a bit more so I’d work that bit harder to lose weight. :ph34r:

25 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Tbf lots of PL clubs have removed the discounts or significantly reduced the number of seats they offer at an Over 65s concession. 

LCFC are a business at the end of the day. 

I’m surprised they offer this at all, looking at how they’ve operated within recent seasons. I’m sure it’s just a matter of time before they change this approach. If they think they can get away with it, they will get. 

They haven’t exactly responded to the kick back from the fans about the card and paying for friendlies. Our fan base are a bit happy go lucky, so as a commercial setup, you push the envelope until it breaks.

We’d have still filled the the ground this season, if they’d have put £10 / match on each ticket.

It’s the brutal reality of it. The big clubs charge more and treat fans like customers. How many Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea etc fans are happy? They’re buying customers with reputation of them being a big club. If you’re a neutral, you aren’t paying top dollar to watch Manchester United.

Then you look at what Spurs do for instance and they come at it from a customer experience angle. The new stadium is amazing and it’s a lot more supporter centric. 

Whilst most of the older demographic will cringe at goal music, fan engagement outside of the ground, bands playing etc, we’ve got to appreciate the future fan base is the younger generation and they approach the world differently. To a degree, the older fan will still attend games but grumble. If they can engage with the younger generation and that does mean potentially changing how the game operates and is viewed, then unfortunately the game will change. 

You’ve only got to see how popular the Kings League is with its shorter games, funky rules and fast, attacking game play. Over 1.3m people watched a round match last year, which bear in mind isn’t full on professional footballers. It’s growing and it only had its first season in 2023. Once someone tweaks that to make it all professional players and it branches out to a rolling European league, it will fully take off. 

19 minutes ago, Sly said:

I mean, I just wanted to tax myself a bit more so I’d work that bit harder to lose weight. :ph34r:

14 hours ago, Sly said:

10% body fat - 10% fax for the next six month.

No. I think you got it right first time: faxing yourself is a far better route to a healthy weight. If you're Rudkin you'll spend all the time trying to get the fax to work and won't be able to eat.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

The mindset of "lets punish others", rather than "lets make it better for all" is the problem.

Who doesn't have that mindset in the developed world. You're posting in another thread about buying and returning amazon goods for air conditioning and how convenient it is. Convenient for you maybe but there's a human and environmental cost to all this frivolousness. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Is it? I had to look up who he was and I'm sure the vast vast majority of the country would have to do the same. 

Yeh fair enough, maybe I followed the HP/Autonomy fraud trial too closely. He is also rich so proves your initial unpopular opinion.

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That Yacht sinking only has a dedicated BBC news live story because the people on it are rich. It's not really worth that level of coverage. 

Boat carrying 22 people sinking is pretty big news. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

Boat carrying 22 people sinking is pretty big news. 

An article would be sufficient, like this one when a boat sank and 4 people died a few weeks ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cn08685l2q8o#:~:text=Four migrants have died after,sur-Mer in northern France. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

58 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

An article would be sufficient, like this one when a boat sank and 4 people died a few weeks ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cn08685l2q8o#:~:text=Four migrants have died after,sur-Mer in northern France. 

never really sure why it matters to people how tragedies are reported. Hardly that important in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That Yacht sinking only has a dedicated BBC news live story because the people on it are rich. It's not really worth that level of coverage. 

The bloke is newsworthy as he just won a huge legal case in the US.  And his co-defendant died after being hit by a car on Saturday, which is very strange.

• Like 1