Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

Can we discuss time zones? 

As someone who has hopped from one country to the next for flights etc, time zones are a pain in *** when booking stuff.

Can’t we just have a universal time.

Yes it means if you live in Chicago, you’ll no longer do a 09:00 - 17:00 to make a living, however at least I’ll be able to co-ordinate my travelling better.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sly said:

As someone who has hopped from one country to the next for flights etc, time zones are a pain in *** when booking stuff.

Yes it means if you live in Chicago, you’ll no longer do a 09:00 - 17:00 to make a living, however at least I’ll be able to co-ordinate my travelling better.

This!... and WTF is this bullshit about it being Summer in June/July.... Summer is in Dec/January! :)

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

This!... and WTF is this bullshit about it being Summer in June/July.... Summer is in Dec/January! :)

We can scrap seasons whilst we’re at it as well! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sly said:

Time zones are fine if they remain constant. It's pissing about working out GMT plus/minus on top of that that's a pain IMO. 

46 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Time zones are fine if they remain constant. It's pissing about working out GMT plus/minus on top of that that's a pain IMO. 

Yes, these definitely do not help. 

I still think it’s easier if it’s 09:00 in London, then it’s also 09:00 in Rome, Madrid, Sydney, Florida and Cape Town.

My day might start at 06:00 as I live in London. 

Franks might start at 15:00 as that’s when the sun rises in Florida.

@ozleicester starts his day at 01:00, as that’s when the sun rises in Sydney. 

Everyone’s a winner and we all get to avoid the awkward conversation about what are you doing tomorrow, for your weekend etc, as no one has any idea when each day starts. 

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Here’s a more serious one though that will upset most of the forum I’d imagine.

My football / life balance has been better since our daughter was born 9 seasons ago. (She’s nearly 10 seasons old now). I’m getting older and everything aches a little bit more in the cold, and my eye sight isn’t what it was. 

With all of that in mind and tve movement of games throughout the season for TV, I now much prefer watching our games in the comfort of my own home on my own or with friends / family.

Despite this, I still try and attend 5 - 10 games a season but I don’t enjoy them as much at the ground :D

……. ps, I never leave early and always wait untill half time If I need the toilet or want an massively overpriced hot dog or coffee.

Congratulations, you're much less reliant on events beyond your control for your mental health. :D

There are others who perhaps take football too seriously who might want to consider that.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Sly said:

@ozleicester starts his day at 01:00, as that’s when the sun rises in Sydney. 

Fvck OFF!!!... Sydney?...  I think not lollol 

In truth im in Perth which means ill start my day at 10pm the day before :dunno:  Im not so sure about this whole thing now! :) 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I’d much rather listen to music alone at home/in my car than go to a gig. 

I think this is probably an extremely popular opinion. 

I love gigs but 99% of the time i'd rather be listening to it on record without hundreds or thousands of people around :D

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Any gig attended by more than a couple of hundred people can get in the bin. Festivals and stadium events are too big, too expensive and everything is too far away.

This x 1000

Done more than my share over the years but you couldn't pay me to go to a festival at all now.

My daughter sings in a band and does the festivals every year but I won't even go to see her.

Best gigs i've been to have all been low key small affairs, normally early on in the bands career.

Our little town had a festival night last week... had a cover band playing LOUD outside... about 15-20 of us just loving it as they banged out cracker after cracker, walked away with a massive smile and ringing ears... loved it!

16 hours ago, filbertway said:

I think this is probably an extremely popular opinion. 

I love gigs but 99% of the time i'd rather be listening to it on record without hundreds or thousands of people around :D

For me it's not just about the crowds, it’s also about the quality. There are a lot of singers around that struggle to sing live. I have been to some big name concerts that have frankly sounded awful.  A combination of poor acoustics and the singers limitations have been very disappointing when you have spend a fair amount of money on it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torquay Gunner said:

For me it's not just about the crowds, it’s also about the quality. There are a lot of singers around that struggle to sing live. I have been to some big name concerts that have frankly sounded awful.  A combination of poor acoustics and the singers limitations have been very disappointing when you have spend a fair amount of money on it. 

To be honest I go for the sesh and the atmosphere, I expect things to sound a little rough. If i'm going to a gig there's got to be a solid 4/5 hours drinking time before doors open :D 

I can appreciate if you pay 80+ to watch a big name and they sound awful then it'll be a disappointment though.

• Like 1

On 22/08/2024 at 01:52, Sly said:

I was in Sri Lanka earlier in the year and we had a random 1/2 hour in the time difference.

That was annoying 

• Like 1

Re the gigs thing, I couldn't disagree more with the posts above.

Similar to watching Leicester, a huge part of the adrenaline and joy derived from gigs is going through the same emotions of thousands of others around you.

Just like a 95th minute winner away from home with everyone going mental, being at a gig with thousands of others singing along to a band or whatever, it's that tribal feeling of belonging you get.

That's not to say I don't like streaming music or football at home on my own, but it's an entirely different thing.

• Like 2

On 22/08/2024 at 21:08, FoxesDeb said:

Me too, but then I don't really like people much lol

Aww, but they all love you!

N.B. this is my unpopular opinion.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nalis said:

I understand the craic with big crowds at festivals or stadium gigs by bands.

Comedy gigs at arenas are absolute pointless dog shite.

There are three comedians worth seeing live and none of them do stadium gigs. Nobody worth their salt seeing live doesn't play with a small crowd.

That list of three comedians in full:

• Stewart Lee

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

There are three comedians worth seeing live and none of them do stadium gigs. Nobody worth their salt seeing live doesn't play with a small crowd.

That list of three comedians in full:

• Stewart Lee

Have you seen that video of him saying that Afterlife is the "worst thing ever made by human hands" or words to that effect is doing the rounds again and loads of people are furious because they had watched it and thought it was good.

I, for the record, thought it was a load of shite

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Have you seen that video of him saying that Afterlife is the "worst thing ever made by human hands" or words to that effect is doing the rounds again and loads of people are furious because they had watched it and thought it was good.

I, for the record, thought it was a load of shite

I have. 

I'm not going to get serious here.