Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

24 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I think it'll all be twat haircuts, lines of coke and phones in the air with bankers and stock brokers swaggering about tediously claiming they're mad fer it.

Sounds like a normal Singh and Daggers night out

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

I think it'll all be twat haircuts, lines of coke and phones in the air with bankers and stock brokers swaggering about tediously claiming they're mad fer it.

Like the King Power on matchday.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Why?

He’s a huge name in the commercial world and very recently got off an extremely high profile 12 year criminal fraud trial which had a lot of people closely watching due to the implications it could have in various professions 

14 hours ago, Parafox said:

Thanks but I wasn't being specific, I just used her as an example of a poor return for your money.

Nah, quality performer to watch in the afternoon sunshine with a beer in hand and your mates around you.

On 25/08/2024 at 19:30, Parafox said:

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds are pretty dull and uninspiring IMO.

Noel Gallagher wrote some of the best songs for one of the best bands. What else or who else does he need to inspire?

All High Flying Birds albums are good and consistent. I actually prefer listening to them than I do most Oasis albums.

• Like 1

I do parkrun Heaton Park sometimes. I can't even imagine that will go ahead during the Oasis gigs. 

I remember my early stint as a music journo coincided with the very tail end of their first run. They put out a best of album around 2008/09 and it's amazing how little people under the age of 22 cared. There was one lad at uni who loved all that Britpop stuff, even had the haircut and everyone just thought he was weird. 

I saw Blur about a decade ago for their reunion in Barcelona and it was a fantastic set but the crowd was definitely older. As others have pointed out, this won't be full of Oasis fans but rather idiots just trying to be there. 

I think I'll stick to gigs where you can stage dive and elbow people in the face. You don't tend to get people with phones out at those.

26 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Social media and phones are NOT causing the breakdown of society.

My pet theory is that anxiety over social media and phone usage is higher in Anglo countries because we find it harder to accept there are fundamental flaws in our societies and economic models. So we tell ourselves that problems will go away if we simply control what information people have access to. 

On 26/08/2024 at 00:22, Parafox said:

Imagine paying that and then finding out that the headline finale is Shania Twain.

On 26/08/2024 at 06:08, Jon the Hat said:

She wasn't the headline finale, she played the legends slot on Sunday afternoon.

17 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Nah, quality performer to watch in the afternoon sunshine with a beer in hand and your mates around you.

9 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Noel Gallagher wrote some of the best songs for one of the best bands. What else or who else does he need to inspire?

All High Flying Birds albums are good and consistent. I actually prefer listening to them than I do most Oasis albums.

Music, like art and women is a subjective taste. ;)

The earlier Oasis stuff was great. Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory were great albums but they were in 1994 and 1995. Masterplan was 1998 and it was good. All pre 2000.

The rest of the stuff was average.

I loved Oasis but I’ve no really inkling about going to see them now. I’ve found the separate stuff they’ve done fairly bland, so not sure I’d bother seeing them. 

I’m not sure I’ll be up for paying £140 for a ticket to stand with the rioters from last month either! 

5 hours ago, Sly said:

I loved Oasis but I’ve no really inkling about going to see them now. I’ve found the separate stuff they’ve done fairly bland, so not sure I’d bother seeing them. 

They aren't going to be playing any of their solo project's stuff though, are they? Why does that factor into whether or not you want to see them, regardless of it you dislike it?

5 hours ago, Sly said:

I’m not sure I’ll be up for paying £140 for a ticket to stand with the rioters from last month either! 

And I didn't riot, very much anti-riot if anything, and I'll be trying for tickets 👍🏻 Not sure where that opinion has come from to be quite honest!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

And I didn't riot, very much anti-riot if anything, and I'll be trying for tickets 👍🏻 Not sure where that opinion has come from to be quite honest!

People at the riots might have worn a bucket hat, ergo they are Oasis fans, ergo you are a rioter.  Simple logic for the simple man.

5 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

They aren't going to be playing any of their solo project's stuff though, are they? Why does that factor into whether or not you want to see them, regardless of it you dislike it?

Sorry! To put it into context I liked the earlier Oasis stuff a lot. In my opinion, the later stuff wasn’t as good, bar the odd song. They captured a moment and rode the wave brilliantly though. They were the sound of the 90s generation.

I’m hoping for the people in attendance they just bash out the 10 - 20 classics and don’t try and shoehorn any new stuff or randoms in.

It’s not the same crowd that typically turns up to watch a typical concert now. You’ll have people registering to go, that have never heard of Ticketmaster. 

I’ve seen Oasis quite a few times. When I’m in my 20s, I didn’t mind the hustle and bustle, mayhem, getting squashed as crowds surged, pints of pizz flying in the air, all out brawls as people got upset etc. 

I’m now in my 40s and I’m not sure I can be bothered to stand around with the people that will try and re-enact this type of behaviour but with the younger generation who’s closest thing to a concert like this might have been going to see Taylor Swift. 

The TikTok and influencers that will get tickets will never have seen anything like the carnage this could generate. It could be great, however it could go south pretty quickly! lol That fella Speed and his mates Logan Paul and KSI live steaming as he’s squashed against a barrier! 

Still a long time to go rehearsing and everything for them to fall out again as well. 

Also, you’re basically paying £150 to go to a bloody karaoke lol

It could be great, it could be all out carnage. 

I’d imagine getting tickets is going to be more difficult that it was to go and watch them at Knebworth as well. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Sly said:

Sorry! To put it into context I liked the earlier Oasis stuff a lot. In my opinion, the later stuff wasn’t as good, bar the odd song. They captured a moment and rode the wave brilliantly though. They were the sound of the 90s generation.

I’m hoping for the people in attendance they just bash out the 10 - 20 classics and don’t try and shoehorn any new stuff or randoms in.

It’s not the same crowd that typically turns up to watch a typical concert now. You’ll have people registering to go, that have never heard of Ticketmaster. 

I’ve seen Oasis quite a few times. When I’m in my 20s, I didn’t mind the hustle and bustle, mayhem, getting squashed as crowds surged, pints of pizz flying in the air, all out brawls as people got upset etc. 

I’m now in my 40s and I’m not sure I can be bothered to stand around with the people that will try and re-enact this type of behaviour but with the younger generation who’s closest thing to a concert like this might have been going to see Taylor Swift. 

The TikTok and influencers that will get tickets will never have seen anything like the carnage this could generate. It could be great, however it could go south pretty quickly! lol That fella Speed and his mates Logan Paul and KSI live steaming as he’s squashed against a barrier! 

Still a long time to go rehearsing and everything for them to fall out again as well. 

Also, you’re basically paying £150 to go to a bloody karaoke lol

It could be great, it could be all out carnage. 

I’d imagine getting tickets is going to be more difficult that it was to go and watch them at Knebworth as well. 

Pretty much my take on it as well. 

They were the soundtrack for the country for years and I got caught up in the feeling. 

As events go, Loch Lomond  was brilliant, Knebworth not so good and by the time I saw them in Newcastle years later I was more interested in the Barcelona champions league game taking part in the city at the same time. 

I get all the hype and excitement  but this time  it just doesn't do anything for me.

TBH, it was the same with the Stone Roses reunion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Pretty much my take on it as well. 

They were the soundtrack for the country for years and I got caught up in the feeling. 

As events go, Loch Lomond  was brilliant, Knebworth not so good and by the time I saw them in Newcastle years later I was more interested in the Barcelona champions league game taking part in the city at the same time. 

I get all the hype and excitement  but this time  it just doesn't do anything for me.

TBH, it was the same with the Stone Roses reunion. 

I get not fancying it, I don't get painting the potential crowd as either racist bigots or people who have "never heard of Ticketmaster" 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

I strongly believe that previous government's should be criminally liable for the state they leave this country in.

They definitely should be for the PPE billions they funneled to their mates businesses. 

• Like 2