Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I get not fancying it, I don't get painting the potential crowd as either racist bigots or people who have "never heard of Ticketmaster" 

Nah, didn't mean that, I think youve picked me up wrong 

It was the 2nd post I was referring to. There was nothing about racist bigots in the one I replied to. 

I'm old enough and ugly enough to know that within any crowd at amy event you are going to get a broad range of people attending.

5 hours ago, filthyfox said:

I strongly believe that previous government's should be criminally liable for the state they leave this country in.

Yes because what we need is even fewer sensible people and more fearless egomaniacs.

Edited by Jon the Hat

10 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I've seen Oasis before, I'm in my mid 30s and this just reeks of baseless, rampant old man-ism. Even thrown in a TikTok reference for good measure 🤌🏻

Has it occurred to you that there might be young people who never got the chance to see Oasis that simply might just... want to? 

This is the called the unpopular opinions thread for a reason. lol

Some of what I wrote may have lost context with the sarcasm.

i get people will want to see them, I’m just choosing not to’ 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Have said before in this thread that don't think Letby is a mass-murderer, and an really starting to wonder if the whole trial is actually botched..

There's just something dodgy about it all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c39k44n8j1mo

The case does have a few holes in it I’ll

admit. I thought at the time with the “I’m evil” etc that she could just be self mourning. 

I guess it’ll need a complete re-evaluation and take it from that point. 

• Like 1

Likely to be very unpopular opinion but i think Oasis are over hyped & whilst there are some hard core fans, many are just on the band wagon as it's deemed 'cool & Trendy' to love Oasis.

Also, grown adults that copy the hair and coats of Oasis... :blush:

They've got some cracking songs, i just find Oasis over hyped and annoying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Likely to be very unpopular opinion but i think Oasis are over hyped & whilst there are some hard core fans, many are just on the band wagon as it's deemed 'cool & Trendy' to love Oasis.

i bet you like coldplay

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

i bet you like coldplay

I bet you've got the daft haircut and matching coat whatever the weather.

But in seriousness,  no I don't particularly like Coldplay. I do like quite a few Oasis songs, I just think the whole things over hyped.

25 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

It's not cool to like Oasis. They're one of the least cool bands of all time. I quite like some of their songs but in the same way I like for example American football, it's just a bit of mindless entertainment that gets boring quite quickly if you don't have a beer with you.

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

Coldplay and Oasis are just kind of same though no? Arena rock for people who don't usually like music that much.

Much like Leicester in that sense, "bowl" football for people that like football that much :D

3 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Not sure why people are so bothered by what bands other people want to see. Coldplay, Oasis, some folk band in a pub, who gives a flip. 

Stinks of the insecurity of the rugby bores who can't go five minutes without saying its a game for "real men". Enjoy what you enjoy and don't let other people's taste upset you this much, it's so weird. 

I mean it's literally an 'unpopular' 'opinion' on an 'unpopular opinions' thread.

Don't get too caught up on it, probably not the thread for you.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Must have misread the title, didn't realise it was "unpopular opinions that aren't allowed to be challenged". Apologies. 

I mean, it's an opinion isn't it, based on nothing factual.

Not really anything to challenge.

Edited by adejo92

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Must have misread the title, didn't realise it was "unpopular opinions that aren't allowed to be challenged". Apologies. 

This is what I originally called it before mods changed it and I envisaged it as a thread only I could post in

Edited by bovril
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bovril said:

This is what I originally called it before mods changed it and I envisaged it as a thread only I could post in

Think we'd be rubbing shoulders in that thread if it survived.

12 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Have said before in this thread that don't think Letby is a mass-murderer, and an really starting to wonder if the whole trial is actually botched..

It's a rather weird one isn't it? A lot of things in the case don't fully add up. 

A lot of confirmation bias around there. Wouldn't surprise me if she ends up being the fall guy for a systematic failure of a trust 

• Like 1

On 29/08/2024 at 14:03, Zear0 said:

Not sure why people are so bothered by what bands other people want to see. Coldplay, Oasis, some folk band in a pub, who gives a flip. 

Stinks of the insecurity of the rugby bores who can't go five minutes without saying its a game for "real men". Enjoy what you enjoy and don't let other people's taste upset you this much, it's so weird. 

I want to see Jazzy B, Malkit and En Karma do a come back as 'real men', your comming with me.

19 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Limmy is very unfunny 

"She's turned the weans against us" and the "Ooooft" meme have been unusually long lasting because they hit the spot.

But yeah, the vast majority of his output, I could live without.

On 29/08/2024 at 07:02, Wymsey said:

It's one of those that I'd say veers between 'she might've done it' to 'she probably done it'.....but that simply isn't enough to convict on. 

That said, isn't it the defence's job to question the evidence and presentation of evidence put forward? Surely the trial can't be questioned on the basis of the argument put forward by the prosecution? 

Possible reasonable grounds for a retrial is that Letby wasn't given an adequate defence, as is her right.. But I dunno if that's grounds for appeal under law.