Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

4 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Limmy is very unfunny 

Not too mad on his Twitch stuff which is a bit grumpy old man and Limmy's Show is so ****ing weird that if it misses (subjectively) then it really can miss – for that reason I get that he's not for everyone but when Limmy's Show hit the mark it's phenomenal for me man. Weirdly I think the characters that have become memes are probably among the weakest of his sketches.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I don’t feel jubilant at avoiding a points deduction. We’ve been a disaster off the pitch and and escaping a deduction through loopholes just feels hollow. 

“One Nick De Marco” or whatever is just wank 

Lighten up, fun sponge

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

I don’t feel jubilant at avoiding a points deduction. We’ve been a disaster off the pitch and and escaping a deduction through loopholes just feels hollow. 

It's not loopholes, the premier leagues own rules come undone under the slightest bit of scrutiny. They can't right a solid set of rules that's their problem, don't blame any club that manages to find a way round it. Technically we didn't break the rules as written and they have no jurisdiction to punish us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Normally I’d agree with you. However, seeing how the rules themselves and the intentions behind them are biased in the first place and given how the Premier League and Football League have shown a vendetta against us for years, it’s just so gratifying to see both get one in the eye, caused by them both being too egotistical to talk to each other and agree a set of joined up rules.

The authorities deserve the mess they created.

That is the angle that I’m half-enjoying. I’d scrap FFP and PSR, it’s not like it’s prevented Everton from ****ing themselves over.

Still funny Rick Parry got announced at the Blackburn game and was summarily booed 

16 hours ago, Stadt said:

Agreed. It is a complicated case as usually teams who break rules benefit (as we have in the past) but our incompetence punished ourselves by being relegated. The Premier League, though, are ridiculous in not making rules watertight and allowing loopholes which football clubs look to exploit endlessly. As seen by the Everton case where they really had no logic to their punishment levels, it seems a rushed attempt to show teeth after the Independent Regulator was threatened.

Nobody comes out of it looking good.

11 minutes ago, Corky said:

Agreed. It is a complicated case as usually teams who break rules benefit (as we have in the past) but our incompetence punished ourselves by being relegated. The Premier League, though, are ridiculous in not making rules watertight and allowing loopholes which football clubs look to exploit endlessly. As seen by the Everton case where they really had no logic to their punishment levels, it seems a rushed attempt to show teeth after the Independent Regulator was threatened.

Nobody comes out of it looking good.

Apart from us where we no longer have a points deduction looming. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

Which ultimately happened because we were relegated.

Agreed, but living in the present, we were facing points deductions last week and now we aren't. This is a positive for the club and a pathway for us to stay up this season and build from there. 

15 hours ago, Facecloth said:

It's not loopholes, the premier leagues own rules come undone under the slightest bit of scrutiny. They can't right a solid set of rules that's their problem, don't blame any club that manages to find a way round it. Technically we didn't break the rules as written and they have no jurisdiction to punish us.

It is literally one of the definitions of a loophole. First definition of a loophole on google:

an ambiguity or inadequacy in the law or a set of rules.

People seem to be arguing the semantics and saying we didn't break the rules but we quite clearly didn't comply with the spending limits of PSR rules. There is no moral high ground for us here.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

It is literally one of the definitions of a loophole. First definition of a loophole on google:

People seem to be arguing the semantics and saying we didn't break the rules but we quite clearly didn't comply with the spending limits of PSR rules. There is no moral high ground for us here.

Yeh it is 100% a loophole, the spirit of the law is clear and we have absolutely broken it. It can only be Gordon Gekko types and/or tory voters that can be delirious with how we got away with this. I'm obviously happy with it, but will stop short of celebrating it given my wider beliefs on fair systems and equality 

53 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

What type of mushrooms exactly?

Any edible mushroom is better than any meat. I've no idea why I eat meat, I get no enjoyment from it. Steak is desperately overrated, pork is godawful stuff, lamb is plain shit and chicken is boring.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Any edible mushroom is better than any meat. I've no idea why I eat meat, I get no enjoyment from it. Steak is desperately overrated, pork is godawful stuff, lamb is plain shit and chicken is boring.

I felt like this for years before giving it up completely, Mushrooms are a staple for me, up there as one of my favourite foods.