Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

They're superb and also very versatile. 

The Mr's has told me we've got them for dinner , agreed very versatile just personally find them a bit overrated. Appreciate it is an unpopular opinion! 

1 hour ago, Jabfox said:

The Mr's has told me we've got them for dinner , agreed very versatile just personally find them a bit overrated. Appreciate it is an unpopular opinion! 

The best time for Maris Piper spuds is September until about November. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chuddy8 said:

absolutely disagree, proper oven cooked spuds with grass fed butter are indeed, the lord's work.

More than fair my friend! cheesy beans is usually my go to if I ever have one. 

43 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Also what a pair of opinions to have rubbing shoulders 

I had just moved back to the UK from Italy which I think explains the first one.

Not sure what possessed me to write the second one though, maybe I'd just watched Ahmed Musa play up front. 

6 hours ago, Jabfox said:

Jacket Potatoes are overrated 

5 hours ago, The Bear said:

They're superb and also very versatile. 

4 hours ago, chuddy8 said:

absolutely disagree, proper oven cooked spuds with grass fed butter are indeed, the lord's work.

Done in an air fryer, 20 mins at 180 then 40 mins at 200. Even better. 

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Pizzas are often shit in Italy 

They can often be shit if you go to the wrong place.

If you specifically want pizza you need to avoid the old town centre restaurants that don't specialize in them. If you find a dedicated pizzeria in some out of town new-build next to a housing estate tourists don't usually go to, run by southerners (or in the South itself), with disposable tablecloths and football posters on the wall, where they keep the beer glasses in the fridge and the side dishes are basically just chips or croquettes, you will get the best pizza of your life. There is no food I would less willingly give up than real southern Italian pizza. 

1 hour ago, bovril said:

They can often be shit if you go to the wrong place.

If you specifically want pizza you need to avoid the old town centre restaurants that don't specialize in them. If you find a dedicated pizzeria in some out of town new-build next to a housing estate tourists don't usually go to, run by southerners (or in the South itself), with disposable tablecloths and football posters on the wall, where they keep the beer glasses in the fridge and the side dishes are basically just chips or croquettes, you will get the best pizza of your life. There is no food I would less willingly give up than real southern Italian pizza. 

I’ll take your word for it