Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
49er

Name this Leicester team

On 25/12/2018 at 19:11, 49er said:

image.png.d43f46c15685bd64a0ecfce35cd3d469.png

Irving Nattrass. As a kid I sent him a polite letter to NUFC mid seventies in a big envelope with a load of cut out Shoot pages of various Newcastle players including a stamped addressed envelope asking if he could get them all autographed and returned to me. Supermac, Tommy Cassidy, John Tudor, Tommy Craig, etc, etc. He duly obliged. Top bloke. Lost over the passage of time though :(

Tried it with a few random players at different clubs but IN was the only one who returned them. lol

1 minute ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Irving Nattrass. As a kid I sent him a polite letter to NUFC mid seventies in a big envelope with a load of cut out Shoot pages of various Newcastle players including a stamped addressed envelope asking if he could get them all autographed and returned to me. Supermac, Tommy Cassidy, John Tudor, Tommy Craig, etc, etc. He duly obliged. Top bloke. Lost over the passage of time though :(

Tried it with a few random players at different clubs but IN was the only one who returned them. lol

Nice storey.

6 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Peter Storey wouldn't have replied. He was probably too busy laundering money or running a brothel! lol

The only autograph of a footballer I got was that of Jon Sammels. Whilst at Primary School, we had a tour of Filbert Street, which is where I met my hero at the time.

2 minutes ago, 49er said:

Correct. Bob Hazell was one of those signings we made that had an immediate impact on our fortunes. Others are Gerry Daly, Cambiasso,Chris Garland..

Muzzy, Huth. Wallington being brought back into the team to replace Grew..