Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Iheanacho

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Have you seen Musa's first touch? He is not quality at all.

We’ve had some great strikers over the years. I liked watching an on form Matt Fryatt with his finishing, Dickov with his energy, to name but two.

To be calling the current crop ‘great strikers’ is almost insulting and is indicative of the periodic ridiculousness of this forum.

Nacho must drop the shitty attitude and either shape up or ship out. Musa just needs to go. He’s on an alleged 60 grand a week and it’s disgraceful of the club. And Slim has been the biggest let down of any City player in recent times imo. I thought he was going to be superb.

We could have and should have done much better. These aren’t ‘quality strikers’

Just now, Col city fan said:

We’ve had some great strikers over the years. I liked watching an on form Matt Fryatt with his finishing, Dickov with his energy, to name but two.

To be calling the current crop ‘great strikers’ is almost insulting and is indicative of the periodic ridiculousness of this forum.

Nacho must drop the shitty attitude and either shape up or ship out. Musa just needs to go. He’s on an alleged 60 grand a week and it’s disgraceful of the club. And Slim has been the biggest let down of any City player in recent times imo. I thought he was going to be superb.

Iheanacho can't be bad, he was excellent for Manchester City but is no longer with World Class players. That's how I feel. You can get away with not running around as much when you've got players like Silva creating chances but how we play, with one up front, requires a more energetic forward.

The game was dull. Once Vardy came on and pressured them a bit everybody seemed to get a lift.

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Iheanacho can't be bad, he was excellent for Manchester City but is no longer with World Class players. That's how I feel. You can get away with not running around as much when you've got players like Silva creating chances but how we play, with one up front, requires a more energetic forward.

The game was dull. Once Vardy came on and pressured them a bit everybody seemed to get a lift.

That’s the one hope I guess. That Nacho will shine if and when he plays with better players. 

However, it’s not often a club will sell a prodigious young talent if he’s that good. Man City are full of strikers but Pep must have looked at Iheanacho and said to get rid.

For me there are several issues.

Iheanacho doesn't seem to suit our style and he never will whilst Vardy is (rightfully) no.1.

Having said that, he came into a team playing shite getting bit part roles here and there and it has subsequently led to him getting frustrated and trying too hard to impress. Today he lost the ball in our half from a throw, gave up, threw his arms up in the air and seconds later they were leading. I have sympathy for the lad but he isn't helping himself.

He is playing a minimal amount of minutes in a system which clearly doesn't suit his strengths, and it is abundantly clear things are not going well for him. I still don't think he has had enough game time to be judged fairly though and I think most of us would agree there is definitely talent in there somewhere.

I was so excited when we finally signed him, but as it stands it's looking like a(nother) waste of money.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

He wasn’t as bad as has been made out tonight 

Didn’t set the world alight though and there’s not many excuses you can make for why he isn’t performing 

I think it was his attitude that annoyed people. Lost the ball for their goal and didn't track back and when he was subbed off he just strolled off. 

I feel sorry for the lad tbh....not saying he’s been any good but the amount of bile being chucked in his direction is quite astonishing given the relative few opportunities he’s had. Proper lynch mob after him at the KP, no idea why.

not just isolated to tonight by the way I can understand an attacking player giving the ball away and not sprinting off the pitch on 55 minutes when one goal behind is a reason to stuff him in a suitcase and hide in the Manchester City team bus while they aren’t looking.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, adam said:

Felt a bit sorry for him tonight. Completely isolated up front. He needs a chance.  Should of stayed on instead of okazaki. 

C3

10 minutes ago, adam said:

Felt a bit sorry for him tonight. Completely isolated up front. He needs a chance.  Should of stayed on instead of okazaki. 

You have to be joking! Shinji covered every blade of grass tonight. He battled hard against Toure and didn’t give up when he was pushed off the ball. He tracked back in extra time and even covered Fuchs on several occasions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Waste of time. He can’t play for a side like us because he rarely moves.

Watched him at around 2 minutes at 0-1, he walked 5 steps to the left, and then 5 to the right, then back again etc.

May as well have signed a 50 year old Yakubu.

• Like 1

I actually thought he was a 3/10 tonight which is far better than some rated him. He's got about as much chance of making this system as Sinbad had of throbbing tinheads missus in Brookside. Give it up Kelechi, I dunno how you've done it but you're absolutely dog shit. Give the understudy to George Thomas immediately and let's move on.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Matty Fryatt at his peak (some of is finishes in that League one season were obscene, I remember one against Southend at home which was genuinely world class) was superb, but his peak was League One, really.