Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Iheanacho

He is just not Vardy and thats why fans dont like him. Alot of our fans would moan about Jesus, Lukaku, Grioud etc because they wouldnt show the same energy levels as Vardy. We have been blessed with Vardy over the last few years and he will one day be extremly hard to replace as fans will expect the same and lets be honest our Jamie is quite unique.

Its know coincidence that since Vardy has been a regular no other striker (Shinji doesnt count as he isnt an out and out goalscorer)  has fit in.

Kramaric

Silmani

Iheanacho

Musa

Wood

Even KANE - The fans hated him as they thought he was lazy!

All different types of players but the fans struggle to accept them as they dont chase the defenders down left right and centre.

Edited by goose2010
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The problem with any other strikers is that we still play in a way that suits Vardy, even when he isn't playing. Iheanacho is reacting to balls down the channels or over the top rather than making runs for them. I thought he did ok last night, in a game where we barely had the ball, especially when he was on the pitch. Closed down the keeper and defenders a few times to cause mistakes, it just isn't his game and he has a manner which looks like he can't be arsed.

Said it over and over again this season but its just an example of our terrible transfer business in terms of the type of player we needed.  

10 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

this lad is 21 and has played around 6 times for us. 

give him time. 

8 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Yeah, surprised by the vitriol towards him. Hardly deserves it

Its nothing personal but he's a complete waste of money and should not have started last night.  He played a big part by being so crap in losing us that game.  I'm not blaming Puel completely cus he needs to find out why we splashed so much cash on someone that clearly is not good enough.  But he should have done it in another game ...  chances to get into the semi final of a cup do not come along very often.  I could see his plan of trying with the B squad and bringing the big guns on if needed ..  but Nacho aint even B squad ..  nowhere near.   This a pivotal point in our season and now we face United with everyones heads hanging low and quite a few tired players ..   like I said unfortunately he is a big part of that. 

He’s a good player. However at this moment in time he doesn’t suits our style of play. He’s a six yard striker and we have to work for our goals. I have a feeling Puel will keep him, because invisage wholesale changes in the summer to allow his style of football to flourish. 

Edited by Callabinho

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Its nothing personal but he's a complete waste of money and should not have started last night.  He played a big part by being so crap in losing us that game.  I'm not blaming Puel completely cus he needs to find out why we splashed so much cash on someone that clearly is not good enough.  But he should have done it in another game ...  chances to get into the semi final of a cup do not come along very often.  I could see his plan of trying with the B squad and bringing the big guns on if needed ..  but Nacho aint even B squad ..  nowhere near.   This a pivotal point in our season and now we face United with everyones heads hanging low and quite a few tired players ..   like I said unfortunately he is a big part of that. 

We scored only from a dodgy penalty in about an hour of play without him, and with Vardy and Mahrez on. The game was a bit frustrating, but its not his fault. He hasnt been given a chance at all to play and I still think there is potential there. Dont think he was that bad yesterday, came fairly close to scoring once or twice.

Our difficulties at this stage are going to come more from our lack of CMs. We have Slimani and Nacho, two very different strikers we seemingly arent able to use who have had good success elsewhere (nacho still does ok for Nigeria). Its the club that is struggling to integrate strikers. I still fancy Puel to adapt us enough to play Nacho, i hope thats the way we're going

2 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

this lad is 21 and has played around 6 times for us. 

give him time. 

Yeah but if he hadn't cost £20m he wouldn't be anywhere near the first team.

If he was a 'no name' who'd come through the youth system we'd be loaning him out to a Championship side for the season.

One for The Future, not The Now.

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Kramaric
Silmani
Iheanacho

Musa

Wood

Even KANE - The fans hated him as they thought he was lazy

They've all been a complete disaster as well, which perhaps has something to do with people not embracing them.... but nah, perhaps it's just cus they don't run around a lot. Because Nuge never got slated once for just running about a lot.

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They've all been a complete disaster as well, which perhaps has something to do with people not embracing them.... but nah, perhaps it's just cus they don't run around a lot. Because Nuge never got slated once for just running about a lot.

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmeeeeeeeee lol

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Nugent was our top scorer for like 3 years running.

He was also consistently slated.

Guest Col city fan
6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

This.

Nuge was a crucial player in getting City back where we belong.

Hugely underrated.

You can tell he's a good player. I hope as we start to evolve from "must be able to run quick and run around a lot" to "must be able to play football to a high level" that we'll start seeing these kinds of players look more useful.

Hopefully in 2 or 3 transfer windows times we'll have grown out of smash and run tactics completely.

• Like 2

Perhaps if he'd had Marhez , Gray and Okazaki alongside him like Vardy was afforded, we may have seen a bit more from him. As it was he was very much cutting a loan furrow up front in the first half as we were playing so deep. In the circumstances I don't think he did too badly. For a very young player with no pre-season, followed by injury, new manager and bugger all game time in about 8 months , I don't think his level of performance is that surprising. A bit of patience with him may pay dividends. If Slim goes I think when the situation arises he must be given as many minutes as possible to build his confidence.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, les-tah said:

it wasnt Iheanachos fault that in the first half we literally had NO PLAYER on the pitch who could take a player on and create something for him.

Unless mahrez or gray plays then we will never create something against a good team.

cards on the table - I am at the end of the iheanacho experiment.

I know he hasn't had much game time - but I am not seeing any improvement.  

He is unable to run with the ball - preferring to kick and run.  This is madness like last night trying to get around  mangala lake that.  If he dribble the ball then the defenders can't risk a tackle in the box.  But he just seems unable to run with the ball.

He is too light weight and just get brushed aside - I don;t even day pushed.  Lats nigh we see shinji mixing it with Toure... yet Iheanacho has not improved his strength in his time with us.   

I yearn for a bold centerforward to give us more options and cover if vardy is out.  I do not believe having iheanacho on the books is strengthening our squad. 

(I feel the same about slim and Musa too - so that's our three most expensive player ever are all diluting the quality of our squad... likeany market trader we need to cut or losses)

WE should not buy any player to bring to the prem who has a poor first touch or who can not dribble the ball... simple

41 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Point being it's ridiculous to suggest they are just not fancied because they don't run about a lot. Nuge got slated and was one of the hardest workers you'll see.

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

If being 8th , just losing after giving a good go against probably one of the top teams in

Europe,...Then they even start to hanging their heads low.

Then I dont want one of those players get near the 1st team...Its December with us riding high,

Its some fans perspectives that are bewildering...we go on a good run, then we are top 4, we lose a couple of games, then we are doomed....Honestly!!!!

Because the manager doesnt pick your Team based on your idea what is for the all round situation...by one own comments, you believe your ideas are better than the present managers

Every week..Maybe 30-40%  of fans go on this pathetic crusade, every week..see 1st pages

Of match threads...downright pathetic.. Its bombastic incompetent critic.

If many believe you have a right to go on a negative campaign, I take the right to go on the more balanced competent crusade...Difference is I am Mature enough to know, my dreams hopes, and opinions on my football teams perspective, might be totally wrong.

I dont support My football team, because I want to prove what an hardnosed tosser

(not you, but others) "told you so" wanna be pathetic journalist I am.I support my team

even in dark moments, because like life, its being positive, and taking those good moments, to

drive them to the higher   plains. We has a club and team, and Puel as the manager, are not in this period, where we should go OTT with praise and critic, or become only moaning minnies,

to show forum peers, what an hardnose macho poster one is.

Despite the title only 2 seasons ago We have to accept  we are in a situation, of rebuild,

because our Engine room has gone, A few players in their last season, because of age, transfer 

rumours and simple turn-around needs.Plus the enigma of Silva...

Nacho is also himself having to find, his way through a very open ,inconsistent, but necessary period, of a Manager needing to learn, what hes got, what he will need, who can 'cut it' for him

to make a success of his own tenure. Nacho came in, not as the complete player, but a young

mand needing to 1st find his potential,hoping he can realise it in good time.

Its far too early to judge, towards the EOS, we could well be a different team with a different setup, for players like Gray, Nacho, Chilwell, there are positions open for them to move into and make their own, we are in reality in nomansland, but in a stronger and potentially better period than last year....Why at the moment, bring in any negatives, we are presently on a new unknown journey of discovery

.I just prefer to be the 'Happy clapper', .. I can be frustrated, and become a grumpy ol'man, but pushing bad tidings every bloody week aint me..

Iheanacho...is still a work in progress, his style needs changes in other areas, to feed himvto his strengths. All good teams should offer varying nuances and style to their play.Until Puel

came we only had one approach, which brought success of its own, but we have had a components change, development and changes even if only slight are a must.

Nacho can or will become, part of that rebuild.

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

We scored only from a dodgy penalty in about an hour of play without him, and with Vardy and Mahrez on. The game was a bit frustrating, but its not his fault. He hasnt been given a chance at all to play and I still think there is potential there. Dont think he was that bad yesterday, came fairly close to scoring once or twice.

Our difficulties at this stage are going to come more from our lack of CMs. We have Slimani and Nacho, two very different strikers we seemingly arent able to use who have had good success elsewhere (nacho still does ok for Nigeria). Its the club that is struggling to integrate strikers. I still fancy Puel to adapt us enough to play Nacho, i hope thats the way we're going

Not having watched the game, I'd like to engage in some wordplay to demonstrate how one could use the exact same rhetoric to support the opposite position.

"We scored only after Nacho left the pitch, Okazaki regaining  possession of the ball leading to Gray winning the penalty.  The game was a bit frustrating, and we know why Nacho hasn't been given a chance to play.  Don't think he wasn't that bad, but he failed to score once or twice. 

"Our difficulties at this stage come from the fact that, in modern football, you just can't leave it up to the CMs to do all the defensive work.  We have Slimani and Nacho, two very different strikers with success elsewhere, who haven't been able to grasp the idea.  In that regard, the club has failed over the last few windows.  At the rate we're going, Puel may be forced to cater to the needs of the players, and not the other way around.  I sure hope that's not the case, and that Nacho adapts to the way Puel plays the game. 

1 minute ago, halibut said:

Not having watched the game, I'd like to engage in some wordplay to demonstrate how one could use the exact same rhetoric to support the opposite position.

"We scored only after Nacho left the pitch, Okazaki regaining  possession of the ball leading to Gray winning the penalty.  The game was a bit frustrating, and we know why Nacho hasn't been given a chance to play.  Don't think he wasn't that bad, but he failed to score once or twice. 

"Our difficulties at this stage come from the fact that, in modern football, you just can't leave it up to the CMs to do all the defensive work.  We have Slimani and Nacho, two very different strikers with success elsewhere, who haven't been able to grasp the idea.  In that regard, the club has failed over the last few windows.  At the rate we're going, Puel may be forced to cater to the needs of the players, and not the other way around.  I sure hope that's not the case, and that Nacho adapts to the way Puel plays the game. 

Did you make that post just for the halibut?

I basically said that Nacho is not necessarily crap and will not necessarily be crap for us and mentioned some things that show things are not so black and white and he shouldnt be written off. You have just said, "yes, its not black and white, but its also ambiguous"

Take a bow, jonny redundant comment