Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Iheanacho

I basically said that Nacho is not necessarily crap and will not necessarily be crap for us and mentioned some things that show things are not so black and white and he shouldnt be written off. You have just said, "yes, its not black and white, but its also ambiguous"

Take a bow, jonny redundant comment

I basically said that Nacho is not necessarily great and will not necessarily be our saviour for us and mentioned some things that show things are not so black and white and how he can't be automatically considered a gift from God.

Redundant or contradictory?   What do you think?

Edited by halibut
forgot quote, grammar adjustments

2 minutes ago, halibut said:

In the writing exercise, I basically said that that Nacho is not necessarily great and will not necessarily be our saviour for us and mentions some things that show things are not so black and white and how he can't be automatically considered a gift from God.

Redundant or contradictory?   What do you think?

Your method of debate is absurd and laborious

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

If being 8th , just losing after giving a good go against probably one of the top teams in

Europe,...Then they even start to hanging their heads low.

Then I dont want one of those players get near the 1st team...Its December with us riding high,

Its some fans perspectives that are bewildering...we go on a good run, then we are top 4, we lose a couple of games, then we are doomed....Honestly!!!!

Because the manager doesnt pick your Team based on your idea what is for the all round situation...by one own comments, you believe your ideas are better than the present managers

Every week..Maybe 30-40%  of fans go on this pathetic crusade, every week..see 1st pages

Of match threads...downright pathetic.. Its bombastic incompetent critic.

If many believe you have a right to go on a negative campaign, I take the right to go on the more balanced competent crusade...Difference is I am Mature enough to know, my dreams hopes, and opinions on my football teams perspective, might be totally wrong.

I dont support My football team, because I want to prove what an hardnosed tosser

(not you, but others) "told you so" wanna be pathetic journalist I am.I support my team

even in dark moments, because like life, its being positive, and taking those good moments, to

drive them to the higher   plains. We has a club and team, and Puel as the manager, are not in this period, where we should go OTT with praise and critic, or become only moaning minnies,

to show forum peers, what an hardnose macho poster one is.

Despite the title only 2 seasons ago We have to accept  we are in a situation, of rebuild,

because our Engine room has gone, A few players in their last season, because of age, transfer 

rumours and simple turn-around needs.Plus the enigma of Silva...

Nacho is also himself having to find, his way through a very open ,inconsistent, but necessary period, of a Manager needing to learn, what hes got, what he will need, who can 'cut it' for him

to make a success of his own tenure. Nacho came in, not as the complete player, but a young

mand needing to 1st find his potential,hoping he can realise it in good time.

Its far too early to judge, towards the EOS, we could well be a different team with a different setup, for players like Gray, Nacho, Chilwell, there are positions open for them to move into and make their own, we are in reality in nomansland, but in a stronger and potentially better period has last year....Why at the moment, bring in any negatives, we are presently on a new unknown

Journey of discovery.....I just prefer to be the 'Happy clapper', .. I can be frustrated, and become a grumpy ol'man, but pushing bad tidings every bloody week aint me..

Iheanacho...is still a work in progress, his style needs changes in other areas, to feed himvto his strengths. All good teams should offer varying nuances and style to their play.Until Puel

came we only had one approach, which brought success of its own, but we have had a components change, development and changes even if only slight are a must.

Nacho can or will become, part of that rebuild.

Spot on, early days of a rebuild whether we like it or not.  Puell appears on the surface to be different and refreshing and is doing well with a bunch of players  he inherited that were going nowhere fast under the tutelage of a hapless buffoon. 

Just look at the quality and cost of some of those Manchester City players last night, they wreaked of pedigree  (not chum) and their ability on the ball showed why they are one of the best teams in Europe. Gundongan, what a talent. We did our best and weren't disgraced. We've neither the money to buy many of these players who likewise would never dream of coming here. Leicester as a city is like a boil on the arsehole and hardly known for its footballing prowess. Anyone thinking that one Premiership win was going to get the best footballing talent wanting to flock here is deluded, we're way down the pecking order. That however doesn't mean we can't find our own level of success.

Bad buys we've made a few like most other clubs. But ... sell a couple and get a couple in that Puell wants to compliment some of our youngsters who will gain from this current managers experience,  combined with a bit of encouragement and support will, I believe, eventually pay dividends and, for those who still bad mouth Puell, a modicum of common sense after all the bluster and self importance would nevertheless leave you with the fact that their was hardly anyone else better available and busting a gut to get here. From where we were a few weeks ago,  8th and loss on penalties to Manchester City in a cup quarter final is not that bad. A bit of Christmas cheer and optimism wouldn't go amiss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

An awful way to talk about Swan Lesta. If I were him I’d be offering you outside for that.

But sticking to the subject in hand, slap a January sales sticker on Nacho and stick him in the shop window. He’ll never work out here now.

Have you been taking those 'brave' pills again?

24 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I'm not sure about the comment to be honest. I'm half suspicious you are winding me up lol

Can we take a step back please? Are you in the Kelechi is crap and we should get rid camp?

Both camps, based on his post.

Edited by ZeGuy

Whoops apologies if all this came across as a personal attack.  I thought I made it clear that it was "wordplay" from the outset. 

I found that your exact arguments to support Nacho can be used against him, so my opinion was that your argument was weak (again stressing nothing is personal).  I'm entirely neutral to Nacho because I simply haven't seen enough of him.  On a sidenote, I'm rather against Slimani, who throughout the first half of last season seemed to be fighting with Vardy for the lead striker role, instead of working *with* Vardy in a 2-striker formation.

Myself included, it's so easy to be biased for or against a player or issue.  I was just trying to offer an opposite view of the same event using the exact same argument(s).  It's clear you have an inclination towards Nacho.  In my case, as I claimed,  I just don't know enough about Iheanacho to have an opinion on him. 

I did have an opinion on Puel last season through the few Southampton matches I watched, where I felt more sorry for him than the players there.   Puel had the team systematically defend rather well, but had a stagnant MF that were neither consistent enough to hold an opponent over 90+ minutes, nor invent paths to goal following repossession of the ball.   Stephens I think is a player I think would both do better and improve at a faster pace at Leicester than at Southampton. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, halibut said:

Whoops apologies if all this came across as a personal attack.  I thought I made it clear that it was "wordplay" from the outset. 

I found that your exact arguments to support Nacho can be used against him, so my opinion was that your argument was weak (again stressing nothing is personal).  I'm entirely neutral to Nacho because I simply haven't seen enough of him.  On a sidenote, I'm rather against Slimani, who throughout the first half of last season seemed to be fighting with Vardy for the lead striker role, instead of working *with* Vardy in a 2-striker formation.

Myself included, it's so easy to be biased for or against a player or issue.  I was just trying to offer an opposite view of the same event using the exact same argument(s).  It's clear you have an inclination towards Nacho.  In my case, as I claimed,  I just don't know enough about Iheanacho to have an opinion on him. 

I did have an opinion on Puel last season through the few Southampton matches I watched, where I felt more sorry for him than the players there.   Puel had the team systematically defend rather well, but had a stagnant MF that were neither consistent enough to hold an opponent over 90+ minutes, nor invent paths to goal following repossession of the ball.   Stephens I think is a player I think would both do better and improve at a faster pace at Leicester than at Southampton. 

Good post. But, my argument is weak if i'm saying Nacho is going to be very good for us. I was really posing a counter to those saying he's definitively bad. I'm saying based on the evidence of last night's game we cannot say that.

Like you i think having an opinion either way on Nacho is impossible, havent seen enough

But I see what you're saying: what i said about the game is too ambiguous, so let me say something unambiguous...

From open play in the first half Nacho had a shot on target and hit a good strike that just missed, and this in our first half where the general consensus is that we played badly.

If someone else throught the entire game (and for the rest we were much more on the front foot as a team) did much more than that shooting wise, we could say Nacho was comparatively useless, but they didnt, so we cant. Dont really remember as strong an effort as Kelechi had from anyone else 

• Like 1

Just watched their goal on the highlights. 

Shocking first touch from him, even worse second touch that gave the ball away and then instead of chasing back just stood there and gestured to the referee.

If he can't be bothered to even try then get rid ASAP.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Just watched their goal on the highlights. 

Shocking first touch from him, even worse second touch that gave the ball away and then instead of chasing back just stood there and gestured to the referee.

If he can't be bothered to even try then get rid ASAP.

I just watched the highlights as well.

To be fair to him, he'd lost the ball and lost his man, was appealling to the ref on plausible grounds, and we've seen Mahrez do similar things all the time.

Second goal against Palace was due to Mahrez and thatwas far worse than what Kelechi did.

Not that I want to bash Mahrez here, just giving some context. 

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say for the record I think Iheanacho will be a good player. After the debate on here i had with ol' halibut, i watched the highlights of the game.  He has it in him, saying get rid now is outrageously premature. If he wont be good for us he will be good for someone else

• Like 1

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I just watched the highlights as well.

To be fair to him, he'd lost the ball and lost his man, was appealling to the ref on plausible grounds

He lost the ball after two shocking touches then stopped after failing to foul someone. 

What were the plausible grounds he was appealing on? 

Just now, MattP said:

He lost the ball after two shocking touches then stopped after failing to foul someone. 

What were the plausible grounds he was appealing on? 

Watching on my phone, so mayne cant see to well, looks like he was held back

But in the context i mentioned. Watch the second goal Palace scored and tell me what Mahrez did isnt worse. Plus he's experienced and should know better. Want to get rid of him?

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Watching on my phone, so mayne cant see to well, looks like he was held back

But in the context i mentioned. Watch the second goal Palace scored and tell me what Mahrez did isnt worse. Plus he's experienced and should know better. Want to get rid of him?

No foul whatsoever. What was the shot that "slightly missed" as well? Are we talking about the one that went into the top half of the family stand? 

Answer to the question is no because Mahrez is a World Class player who contributes numerous goals to the team and has even been in the top ten of the Ballon'Dor.

Iheanacho looks absolutely cack and it appears he's got a padded record because he had the fortune to play up front for Man City for a short time.

Ridiculous to even compare the two. If he can't be bothered to put in maximum effort against his former club at home in a QF we've got a problem, don't get me started on him wandering off at walking pace either when we are losing and he got taken off.

I get the feeling watching him he's extremely thick.

Just now, MattP said:

No foul whatsoever. What was the shot that "slightly missed" as well? Are we talking about the one that went into the top half of the family stand? 

Answer to the question is no because Mahrez is a World Class player who contributes numerous goals to the team and has even been in the top ten of the Ballon'Dor.

Iheanacho looks absolutely cack and it appears he's got a padded record because he had the fortune to play up front for Man City for a short time.

Ridiculous to even compare the two. If he can't be bothered to put in maximum effort against his former club at home in a QF we've got a problem, don't get me started on him wandering off at walking pace either when we are losing and he got taken off.

I get the feeling watching him he's extremely thick.

Ha, that shot looked a bit closer at the match than the highlights..was far out though

I dont really agree that there is one rule for mahrez and one for others, particularly as Mahrez goes missing for weeks on end

Maybe he is thick, maybe he isnt. Ronaldo is thick. Vardy isnt going to beat me at scrabble. Not bothered about how clever the guy is.

The sad thing is nobody threatened much more, check that, anymore at all, than him in front of goal last night, but he is getting absolutely slated on here. He is at a disadvantage of game time and youth, but still expected to produce and as he hasnt yet people in the stands are saying he's a waste of space. Just doesnt sit well with me.

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Ha, that shot looked a bit closer at the match than the highlights..was far out though

I dont really agree that there is one rule for mahrez and one for others, particularly as Mahrez goes missing for weeks on end

Maybe he is thick, maybe he isnt. Ronaldo is thick. Vardy isnt going to beat me at scrabble. Not bothered about how clever the guy is.

The sad thing is nobody threatened much more, check that, anymore at all, than him in front of goal last night, but he is getting absolutely slated on here. He is at a disadvantage of game time and youth, but still expected to produce and as he hasnt yet people in the stands are saying he's a waste of space. Just doesnt sit well with me.

Yeah but to go missing you have to have been there in the first place for it to be noticed.

Nacho hasn't even  turned up in a City shirt yet.

This is not his fault and i'm not slating him.

Truth is though he should be nowhere near the first team. He's a youth team player who needs to get a seasons experience under his belt at Championship level.

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

If he was trying and working hard I think people would be more sympathetic, that's the main issue I have with him.

Thats fair enough. I dont really think he wasnt trying hard. But the walking off thing wasnt good. Suggests he's not happy with how things are going and maybe all is not well behind the scenes

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

1 minute ago, Fox Ulike said:

Yeah but to go missing you have to have been there in the first place for it to be noticed.

Nacho hasn't even  turned up in a City shirt yet.

This is not his fault and i'm not slating him.

Truth is though he should be nowhere near the first team. He's a youth team player who needs to get a seasons experience under his belt at Championship level.

Thats possibly true. Maybe a loan out would do the world of good

There's those on this forum who think Slimani should go. Probably correct for all parties. However - Slimani is a goal threat, he puts in supreme effort (mostly) and offers something different in attack. Iheanacho offers nowt. Sell him. Give Slimani or Thomas any appearances that would have come his way. Liability.

1 minute ago, SuperMike said:

There's those on this forum who think Slimani should go. Probably correct for all parties. However - Slimani is a goal threat, he puts in supreme effort (mostly) and offers something different in attack. Iheanacho offers nowt. Sell him. Give Slimani or Thomas any appearances that would have come his way. Liability.

It's probably bin discussed elsehwhere - but what has happened to Slimani?

He's a good player who should be our best alternative to Vardy.

2 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

I can see your point there. But Slimani hasnt been being used and Iheanacho is more a Puel player than Slimani.

I would like to have seen more Slimani, just isnt happening though

Last night proved why he hasn't been in the squad for the last few league games, he is absolutely woeful.

His first touch last night was so poor, was worse than Vardy's touch when he first joined. As for that chance, what a lazy strike that was.

Right now he looks like he can't be bothered, instead of one of the hottest prospects in World Football he looks more like our next version of Jermaine Beckford.

As for his time at Man City, he only really scored tap ins.

• Like 1

His lack of movement is so bad I can't understand how he got this far in pro football. Time after time the back four were looking for forward passes only to see him up there like a bloody statue. Nowhere near good enough and we're going to have to take a big financial loss on this one I fear.

• Like 1