Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Iheanacho

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Last night proved why he hasn't been in the squad for the last few league games, he is absolutely woeful.

His first touch last night was so poor, was worse than Vardy's touch when he first joined. As for that chance, what a lazy strike that was.

Right now he looks like he can't be bothered, instead of one of the hottest prospects in World Football he looks more like our next version of Jermaine Beckford.

As for his time at Man City, he only really scored tap ins.

Weird how opinions differ. I was impressed with the strike. I thought he tried to catch the keeper out without taking a step, just slightly misplaced it.

I also thought he closed down very well when he was on, the only difference he isn't as fast as Vardy. 

3 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Watching on my phone, so mayne cant see to well, looks like he was held back

But in the context i mentioned. Watch the second goal Palace scored and tell me what Mahrez did isnt worse. Plus he's experienced and should know better. Want to get rid of him?

there is something called "the benefit of the doubt", vardy can miss a sitter here and there because he did so many great things for the club and is a proven goalscorer (plus the work rate)

the same for riyad, he is our creative spark and we can live with him losing the ball a few times because he is a proven match winner. and just to add, he was criticized for that mistake by many posters (including me)

1 hour ago, the fox said:

there is something called "the benefit of the doubt", vardy can miss a sitter here and there because he did so many great things for the club and is a proven goalscorer (plus the work rate)

the same for riyad, he is our creative spark and we can live with him losing the ball a few times because he is a proven match winner. and just to add, he was criticized for that mistake by many posters (including me)

But surely Nacho deserves that benefit also? First thing he did was assist Vardy in pre season after about 5 minutes. Scored in the league cup a nice goal. Before that was banging them in for Man C.

If we are so quick to judge players nobody will ever come along. Vardy's slow rise to prominence is often mentioned. What if we'd sacked him off after a few games?

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

I remember seeing a young striker who got little game time when playing for us and looked garbage when he did play - that player - Harry Kane. I don't understand why anyone would be annoyed he came off with a sulky face, he was disappointed, he probably knew his performance was lacking. I'm sure the lad was thinking when he joined us he'd get more game time than he has, I'm nowhere near ready to write this lad off, watching him in the under 23's I think he'll be brilliant

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

If you can't be arsed against your old team, then there is something seriously wrong.

Even Matt Piper said he looked like he didn't want to be here.

To be fair, he has taken a step down being told he will get more game time, and he's not getting it. Maybe he's feeling a bit fuched over

11 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

To be fair, he has taken a step down being told he will get more game time, and he's not getting it. Maybe he's feeling a bit fuched over

Fair enough, but would that not be even more reason to prove the doubters wrong and show your manager what you can do.

3 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

Fair enough, but would that not be even more reason to prove the doubters wrong and show your manager what you can do.

I dont think he was lazy really though

Its noteworthy that he would probably have got more game time at Man City than with us. They'd at least kept him on last night. Think that says more about us than him

We need to stop killing good strikers' careers and blaming it on them

4 hours ago, l444ry said:

His lack of movement is so bad I can't understand how he got this far in pro football. Time after time the back four were looking for forward passes only to see him up there like a bloody statue. Nowhere near good enough and we're going to have to take a big financial loss on this one I fear.

This is the worst comment I have seen so far. You obviously haven't seen him for city or for his national team if you think that he hasn't made it this far. You don't score 8 in 13 for your national team if you are terrible at football. The fact is he hasn't played much football and he is low on confidence. 

29 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I dont think he was lazy really though

Its noteworthy that he would probably have got more game time at Man City than with us. They'd at least kept him on last night. Think that says more about us than him

We need to stop killing good strikers' careers and blaming it on them

That's what i was thinking whilst watching the game yesterday. I wasn't impressed with him at all, but he's hardly played so a certain amount of that can be put down to being rusty. Surely it would've been better to leave him on and get him match sharp. On top of which we need Shinji for Utd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sm1 said:

That's what i was thinking whilst watching the game yesterday. I wasn't impressed with him at all, but he's hardly played so a certain amount of that can be put down to being rusty. Surely it would've been better to leave him on and get him match sharp. On top of which we need Shinji for Utd.

That's how it was when he was under Pellegrini and that faith paid off which led to him scoring repeatedly. 

• Like 1

Doesn't look like he wants to be here frankly. Suppose not surprising given his lack of game time but he only has himself to blame. Even when he's had a few chances he's looked terrible.

More time needed but looks like a complete wate of money at the moment. He's really quite slow and his first touch is average at best, his movement off the ball non-existent and he doesn't look to be trying very hard. Apart from those things he's doing ok. Some might say he lacks confidence.

• Like 1