Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Iheanacho

53 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

This is the worst comment I have seen so far. You obviously haven't seen him for city or for his national team if you think that he hasn't made it this far. You don't score 8 in 13 for your national team if you are terrible at football. The fact is he hasn't played much football and he is low on confidence. 

All about opinions chap. I don't give a f*** what he's done elsewhere. He has been abysmal for us in my opinion. Another Balotelli type hyped player. Unless there is a sea change in his work rate and attitude it'll be downhill only from here.

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

All about opinions chap. I don't give a f*** what he's done elsewhere. He has been abysmal for us in my opinion. Another Balotelli type hyped player. Unless there is a sea change in his work rate and attitude it'll be downhill only from here.

What I'm getting at is Leicester isn't the end all, be all for a player's career. Harry Kane flopped here, HARRY KANE. That's how football can be. 

I despair. I know I'll get the "It's a matter of opinion" stuff, but come on!  he was appalling!! 

How anyone with even the minimal experience of football, all the way to someone with a brain like Cruyff, could've watched that 'performance' and not thought that it was one of the poorest performances ever by a Leicester forward! Well you must've been drunk, on drugs and blind to think otherwise.

• Like 1

I remember when ndidi was going to join Leicester he was so excited and toldcall his team he was coming to here. But when nacho was linked to Leicester it went on for ages, makes me feel now that he really did not want to leave man city but pep did not want him there, so he had no choice but to come here, and the reason it took so long for him to come here was that he did not want here in the first place.

12 minutes ago, KJT said:

I remember when ndidi was going to join Leicester he was so excited and toldcall his team he was coming to here. But when nacho was linked to Leicester it went on for ages, makes me feel now that he really did not want to leave man city but pep did not want him there, so he had no choice but to come here, and the reason it took so long for him to come here was that he did not want here in the first place.

have we forgotten about the image rights debacle already?

I dont think he looks 100% fit, looking at him on Tuesday and in the last round as well, he looks a little over weight and not at full pace, take a look at him in the few appearances he made for Man City last season and you can see it. Ive no doubt he will come good though but only if he puts in the hard work and a little more effort when he gets chances. Npo doubt at some point this season Vardy wont be able to play through injuriy or bans so he needs to be ready.

Also with the work rate - i think we have been spoilt by Vardy and Okazaki in recent years, 2 of the highest working players in the league so we will always hold our own players to a very high standard on this point.

10 hours ago, Weller in Tights said:

I despair. I know I'll get the "It's a matter of opinion" stuff, but come on!  he was appalling!! 

How anyone with even the minimal experience of football, all the way to someone with a brain like Cruyff, could've watched that 'performance' and not thought that it was one of the poorest performances ever by a Leicester forward! Well you must've been drunk, on drugs and blind to think otherwise.

Whilst not defending him to much he was very poor. He did have two shots on goal one which needed a very good save and was involved in several attacks if you think that was one of the poorest displays by a Leicester forward you have either got a very short memory and don't remember watching Mark De Vieries, Barry Hayles, Trevor Benjamin etc etc etc. Or your not someone with a brain like you are accusing others off or you've been on the drugs yourself.

Edited by The whole world smiles

He’s been poor so far but his start here was marred with injury, laughable anyone on here thinks they know enough yet to decide whether he can be a success.

I’m so far gutted by his performances, there are a lot of factors in that though, wasn’t as bad against Man City as people made out either.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

He’s been poor so far but his start here was marred with injury, laughable anyone on here thinks they know enough yet to decide whether he can be a success.

I’m so far gutted by his performances, there are a lot of factors in that though, wasn’t as bad against Man City as people made out either.

I thought he was slow, looked unfit and awful first touch (that led to their goal) against Citeh.. Just looks a real donkey! 

• Like 1

Vardy was working in a factory and playing sunday league at his age. When he did sign here, most of us remember his struggles in his first season.

Iheanacho has been pitiful so far but the kid has time. As our game evolves I can only see it benefiting him. Ball is in his court as I see it, hopefully he has the minerals to knuckle down and make a success of himself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TheHitman™ said:

What I'm getting at is Leicester isn't the end all, be all for a player's career. Harry Kane flopped here, HARRY KANE. That's how football can be. 

Harry kane was a flop here because the manager at the time did not have a clue how to use him. Much the same way as he didn't have a clue how to use vardy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

Whilst not defending him to much he was very poor. He did have two shots on goal one which needed a very good save and was involved in several attacks if you think that was one of the poorest displays by a Leicester forward you have either got a very short memory and don't remember watching Mark De Vieries, Barry Hayles, Trevor Benjamin etc etc etc. Or your not someone with a brain like you are accusing others off or you've been on the drugs yourself.

Those forwards were appalling true. But that performance (including his attempt that you feel required a 'very good save' -**** me I'm 57, overweight, had knee replacement and back surgery and could've saved that) in isolation was awful AND even allowing for inflation, he cost a ridiculous amount of money compared to the players you listed AND he came with supposedly the reputation of being quick and hungry for football. The other players you mentioned came with very little expectation.

i don't like crucifying players as I do appreciate some develop (look at Vardy) and some just have an off day. But Ienacho was just awful against Man City.

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Some people don't half get carried away don't they?

Is it just me that thinks it's all mental?  Seeing a load of blokes mutually masturbate over insulting 20 year old boys?  Where did all the anger come from?  X

• Like 1

I wish people would stop rushing to judgment on players. At various times keyboard warriors have wanted to march Drinkwater, Mahrez, Vardy, Simpson, Morgan out of the club, never to be seen again - and they're the recent examples. Now it's Ihenacho's turn. It's almost impossible to buy a like-for-like replacement for Vardy, especially one who will sit on the bench waiting for their chance  - Ihenacho has a proven Premier scoring record so he doesn't seem a bad bet. He's learning and we're learning how best to utilise him and it's more than possible he'll come good. He came here to play regular football and has had fewer opportunities than he had at Man City plus he picked up an injury almost as soon as he arrived. So he wouldn't be human if he didn't feel frustrated, but one day Vardy will get injured or suspended, I an will get a run of games and he goals will start to come.

13 hours ago, KJT said:

Huh, no?

2 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

I wish people would stop rushing to judgment on players. At various times keyboard warriors have wanted to march Drinkwater, Mahrez, Vardy, Simpson, Morgan out of the club, never to be seen again - and they're the recent examples. Now it's Ihenacho's turn. It's almost impossible to buy a like-for-like replacement for Vardy, especially one who will sit on the bench waiting for their chance  - Ihenacho has a proven Premier scoring record so he doesn't seem a bad bet. He's learning and we're learning how best to utilise him and it's more than possible he'll come good. He came here to play regular football and has had fewer opportunities than he had at Man City plus he picked up an injury almost as soon as he arrived. So he wouldn't be human if he didn't feel frustrated, but one day Vardy will get injured or suspended, I an will get a run of games and he goals will start to come.

I do agree with this but it's the lackluster attitude he seems to have. Look at how easy Manchester City scored on Tuesday - yes it's also bad defending and they just split our midfield open but, defending from the front, Iheancho lost the ball to easily in the middle of the pitch.

41 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I do agree with this but it's the lackluster attitude he seems to have. Look at how easy Manchester City scored on Tuesday - yes it's also bad defending and they just split our midfield open but, defending from the front, Iheancho lost the ball to easily in the middle of the pitch.

Yep!

And if that is JV he runs after it, catches the man and executes a quality slide tackle. 

I guess you have to have that attitude in you and some just dont.

At Leicester if you don't have it the fans will be on your back because we've always had a lot more love for Tryers and Warriors (Okazaki, Hume etc) than total flair