Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Iheanacho

Guest MattP
4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I get that he's young but you can't go saying everyone who does rubbish is going to come good just because of Kane. Kane was poor but he wasn't this poor. He still scored a couple of goals (good finishes too if I remember rightly) and in hindsight, was played totally out of position on occasion.

And I get that some players aren't really about their running but Iheanacho just looks downright lazy to me. I'd sell him before I sold Slimani. Slimani you can't accuse of laziness as well. For his limitations you can at least point to some decent contributions. Iheanacho I'm really, really struggling.

That's pretty much the problem I have, he isn't working hard, he isn't running and he just looks like he doesn't want to be here, if he didn't want to come he should have just ran out his contract at Man City.

It's going to cost us a fortune to get rid as well if he is on £115,000 a week.

12 minutes ago, MattP said:

That's pretty much the problem I have, he isn't working hard, he isn't running and he just looks like he doesn't want to be here, if he didn't want to come he should have just ran out his contract at Man City.

It's going to cost us a fortune to get rid as well if he is on £115,000 a week.

If he's on £115k a week we need him sold this window. That's just negligence.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I get that he's young but you can't go saying everyone who does rubbish is going to come good just because of Kane. Kane was poor but he wasn't this poor. He still scored a couple of goals (good finishes too if I remember rightly) and in hindsight, was played totally out of position on occasion.

And I get that some players aren't really about their running but Iheanacho just looks downright lazy to me. I'd sell him before I sold Slimani. Slimani you can't accuse of laziness as well. For his limitations you can at least point to some decent contributions. Iheanacho I'm really, really struggling.

OK I'm gonna jump in with my national team jersey on (lol). He can come good if he has the right support. He is a Chicharito type player. The chances need to be created for him to score. He prefers getting passes to his feet and is more used to that type of play. He can come good and has come good, but obviously not with Leicester. As far as the Nigerian national team it is concerning that he hasn't come good. He is a our second choice striker, but out most prolific in recent history. Leicester may not be the right team for him but he isn't a poor player by any means.

• Like 1

It is getting a bit annoying that in 3 expensive striker transfers we haven't bettered Okazaki.  Okazaki is brilliant, so its a testament to him, but with the money spent we should have at least come close.  Seems a bit of a disconnect between management and transfer business.  Hope Puel gets a chance to stamp some identity and some logic to our recruitment over the next couple of windows

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

It is getting a bit annoying that in 3 expensive striker transfers we haven't bettered Okazaki.  Okazaki is brilliant, so its a testament to him, but with the money spent we should have at least come close.  Seems a bit of a disconnect between management and transfer business.  Hope Puel gets a chance to stamp some identity and some logic to our recruitment over the next couple of windows

Puel has alot of deadwood to clear out first... Iheanacho,  Ulloa and Musa as starters! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Puel has alot of deadwood to clear out first... Iheanacho,  Ulloa and Musa as starters! 

Sadly true :(:(

I really wanted Nacho to come good, but seeing him not bother to chase a very winnable ball against Fleetwood made me think he's not really feeling he needs to fight to get in the team.  Doesnt quite seem right.  Spending 25 mill on him is now looking bizarre and naive

• Like 3

Just now, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

I still can’t understand why Man City were unwilling to sell without a release clause if the guy is as daft and crap as we’ve seen/been told. 

Dont know how much of that is accurate. Heard it said that we wanted one put in as an incentive for him to do well. Remember the buy back is only activated after 'a few years'

• Thanks 1

Well, he was shithot at Man City. You know, with De Bruyne et al supplying him with balls. And he wasn't lazy there but the final link in the chain. The problem here is that we don't have the other links in the chain. He will improve once his confidence improves but if we can't supply him with the service he had at Man City then he may never be a good fit. And good fits cut both ways. Puel will have to work at fitting him into our slowly emerging systems.

• Like 2

Guest MattP
54 minutes ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

I still can’t understand why Man City were unwilling to sell without a release clause if the guy is as daft and crap as we’ve seen/been told. 

For all we know they could have been using that as a negotiating tactic. 

Guest MattP
Just now, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

You’re not the first person I’ve seen suggesting that. I wonder what makes you think so? Genuine question. It seems like we’d be less likely to buy him if we thought MC would be able to steal him back some day. 

Because it convinces us they see something in him basically. 

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Well, he was shithot at Man City. You know, with De Bruyne et al supplying him with balls. And he wasn't lazy there but the final link in the chain. The problem here is that we don't have the other links in the chain. He will improve once his confidence improves but if we can't supply him with the service he had at Man City then he may never be a good fit. And good fits cut both ways. Puel will have to work at fitting him into our slowly emerging systems.

Was he really that shithot?

He had a good goals to minute ratio granted but so does Adam Le'Fondre -  they'd often rather play with a false number 9 than him up front and they sold him for what in today's market looked fairly cheap.

The club needs someone behind the scenes who is able to question some of the players that do have the ability, but ask why their motivation isnt there.

The introduction of some salary cap at the club could prove useful in this situation, for example (standard wage etc, but any more should be based on both how often and how well a certain player performs).

7 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Who in their right fvckin mind would have offered him 115k a week. I don’t believe even Rudkin is that incompetent!

5 year contract... That's a knats Cock under £30,000,000 contract value...!!!! 

Hahaha.. Someone has f**ked up big time!!... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Because it convinces us they see something in him basically. 

They did see something in him. He regularly started under Manuel Pellegrini when he was in charge. 

A player who scores for fun for his national team and did well in another team in the same league. That tells me that the issue isn't just the player. It's the combination of the two not working together. 

Some of the ignorance on here is ridiculous.

56 minutes ago, MattP said:

Was he really that shithot?

He had a good goals to minute ratio granted but so does Adam Le'Fondre -  they'd often rather play with a false number 9 than him up front and they sold him for what in today's market looked fairly cheap.

That's Pep. Pep played false 9s over Ibra at Barcelona.

4 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

They did see something in him. He regularly started under Manuel Pellegrini when he was in charge. 

A player who scores for fun for his national team and did well in another team in the same league. That tells me that the issue isn't just the player. It's the combination of the two not working together. 

Man City create far more chances than we will. The majority of his goals were as sub appearances in games that were effectively over. It's a completely different situation to anything he will ever have here, unless we happen to put together an unbelievably good and creative side.

I'm going off what he's done for us so far, which, while on limited time, has been pretty awful - I'd go as far as saying worse than Musa. He's generally been poor himself but even he's had a few more moments. Iheanacho's been useless.

Guest MattP
22 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

They obviously didn't see that much in him as they got rid. Most of his goals for City were off the bench in dead games.

Couldn't care less about his International record either, he plays for a strong African side and should have a good record with some of the dross they'll be playing against. 

30 minutes ago, MattP said:

They obviously didn't see that much in him as they got rid. Most of his goals for City were off the bench in dead games.

Couldn't care less about his International record either, he plays for a strong African side and should have a good record with some of the dross they'll be playing against. 

Yet this same guy got a goal and two assists against Argentina.

It's clear you don't rate him but the kid has ability and just because he isn't performing here doesn't mean he won't perform in the top flight.