Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Iheanacho

4 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

Yet this same guy got a goal and two assists against Argentina.

It's clear you don't rate him but the kid has ability and just because he isn't performing here doesn't mean he won't perform in the top flight. 

We hear this more than once ...   we seem to be a graveyard for some players ...   whatever the problem in our recruitment is we really need to sort it out.   And laying it all on Rudkin ain’t the answer ...   imo.

Guest MattP
9 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

It's clear you don't rate him but the kid has ability and just because he isn't performing here doesn't mean he won't perform in the top flight. 

In a pointless friendly against a Messiless Argentina.

He obviously does some ability, but we've seen none of it yet and if he doesn't want to make the effort we are unlikely to do so.

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

We hear this more than once ...   we seem to be a graveyard for some players ...   whatever the problem in our recruitment is we really need to sort it out.   And laying it all on Rudkin ain’t the answer ...   imo.

Kramaric is a good example. He didn't do well here and when he moved on to Hoffenheim he became a regular for that team. Finding players that fit a set system of play is important. But at the same time for Leicester i think Iheanacho was bought for the purpose to start transitioning the type of play for the team, the same with Slimani and Silva. 

Musa on the other hand was intended to be a like for like replacement for Vardy. 

Guest MattP

Didn't Musa score two against Argentina in a World Cup match?

Means nothing really, terrible players can often have the odd decent match.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

The whole "he scored against xxxx" is as bad as "but they won us the league so keep them".

• Like 1

In a pointless friendly against a Messiless Argentina.

He obviously does some ability, but we've seen none of it yet and if he doesn't want to make the effort we are unlikely to do so.

Argentina without Messi is about the same level as a top 6 side in Europe. 

Well he has had multiple good games for city as well as Nigeria. Like I said, just because he hasn't worked out for Leicester doesn't mean he is a terrible player. He is 21 for crying out loud. 

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

There is a difference. One of those being the age and amount of time these players have played. Iheanacho has only played 3 seasons of senior football. Musa has played multiple seasons at a lower level. 

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

There is a difference. One of those being the age and amount of time these players have played. Iheanacho has only played 3 seasons of senior football. Musa has played multiple seasons at a lower level. 

I'm pointing out that saying "he had a great game against xxxxxx" means nothing. Even terrible players will have the odd good game. 

I hope we get the best out of Iheanacho but at the minute we have a footballer who should be young and hungry and instead looks lazy and disinterested. That's a huge concern given our total outlay on him.

7 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

Kramaric is a good example. He didn't do well here and when he moved on to Hoffenheim he became a regular for that team. Finding players that fit a set system of play is important. But at the same time for Leicester i think Iheanacho was bought for the purpose to start transitioning the type of play for the team, the same with Slimani and Silva. 

Musa on the other hand was intended to be a like for like replacement for Vardy. 

Yep I think we are looking to transition but at the same time we cling to the past ...   considering our position we are doing quite well but if we don’t sort things out this won’t last.  The signs are there and we have been lucky not to have had a few hidings.   I think we fell on our feet with Claude..   an inspired choice and hopefully, given time, the answer to this conundrum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

I still can’t understand why Man City were unwilling to sell without a release clause if the guy is as daft and crap as we’ve seen/been told. 

People were willing to buy him with one... so why wouldn't they?

1 hour ago, TheHitman™ said:

Ability is nothing without effort.

I dont watch Man City all that closely so cant say whether he was any good there or not.  From the limited game time he’s had here, I cant see anything that makes me think he’s decent.

I’m sure there’s ability in there somewhere otherwise he wouldnt have got near Man City’s first team, but we aint seeing it now thats for sure.

3 hours ago, Far Post Gerry said:

I'd like to see him play alongside Slimani up front. He could do well when someone's holding up/knocking down the ball for him. Doesn't seem to work well with Vardy or on his own, but that doesn't make him a bad player.

Imagine the movement of that pairing. 

Id like to see a pairing of Barry Hayles and Mark De Vries more.

8 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

You wait, Nacho and King will be lifting the FA cup in May, with a smiling Amartey pictured behind ...

And Musa and His missus will be seen happily walking around the wembley pitch with his hat trick match ball tucked under his arm 

• Haha 2