Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Iheanacho

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Bloke clearly has talent and ability, but everytime he's come on recently he's look really poor.

Don't know whether that's lack of confidence or lack of effort, but I'd personally favour a loan move for him to see if he can do something. A bit like we did with Kramaric, but then we should have brought him back!

My Man City mates talk very highly of him and feel we need to give him more game time. I think he may have been poorly coached at city re working hard & making runs. Maybe it was recognised he was a good finisher and he was simply advised to loiter around the box for a chance that would definitely come. At LCFC we require our strikers to do sooooo much more. Has he got that in his locker?

5 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

My Man City mates talk very highly of him and feel we need to give him more game time. I think he may have been poorly coached at city re working hard & making runs. Maybe it was recognised he was a good finisher and he was simply advised to loiter around the box for a chance that would definitely come. At LCFC we require our strikers to do sooooo much more. Has he got that in his locker?

I had the same feeling.... as though his expectations for what is required of him here are at odds with his previous experience at Man City.  This should have been fairly obvious coming in though lol  so maybe not

But he did come here to get more game time and he's not getting that.  Maybe disillusionment (real word??) is partly responsible for things not going well, as well as contrasting expectations of what his contribution should be.  Still, one would imagine conversations regarding all the above would be had if it were the case.

• Like 1

I’d like to see kelechi on his way asap.

so my dad and brother are Man City fans, and my dad is also a youth scout.

i remember my dad saying that kelechi was useless and “couldn’t run properly”.

he was a great impact sub at city, banging in plenty of goals. But if memory serves me right (it often doesn’t) it was more down to the service of playing in a world class team and having chances handed to him on a plate.

i was never excited about him

when he signed.

Despite that, he’s a young lad in need of game time and I do feel for him a bit. Even more reason for us to get rid.

id love us to look at someone like Callum Wilson. I’ve been saying it for years even when he was at cov. I think he’s a kind of player that could do a real job for us and he’s only in his mid twenties.

hes the not like for like vardy replacement that everyone talk about and lusts for; but I don’t think a vardy like for like exists - he’s one of a kind and which is why I’d be more than happy to pay his wages well into his 30s if he can still do a job.

20 minutes ago, dooflip said:

he was a great impact sub at city, banging in plenty of goals. But if memory serves me right (it often doesn’t) it was more down to the service of playing in a world class team and having chances handed to him on a plate.

when he signed.

Despite that, he’s a young lad in need of game time and I do feel for him a bit. Even more reason for us to get rid.

id love us to look at someone like Callum Wilson. I’ve been saying it for years even when he was at cov. I think he’s a kind of player that could do a real job for us and he’s only in his mid twenties.

hes the not like for like vardy replacement that everyone talk about and lusts for; but I don’t think a vardy like for like exists - he’s one of a kind and which is why I’d be more than happy to pay his wages well into his 30s if he can still do a job.

He has an awkward run but I wouldn't say that "he couldn't run properly". He also plays in a national team that doesn't have world class talents and is still among the goals so I wouldn't say he is without ability.

Also, isn't it funny when the people who say they never rated a guy come out at this time. Where were you when he got signed?

36 minutes ago, dooflip said:

when he signed.

Like all the FT experts on here. Stand in the line. Get rid of a player who never had 2 wholes games consecutively. Way to go.

Just lol.

Why didn't you open your mouth back then?

He's shit. Been saying it for years.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, dooflip said:

when he signed.

.......we're paying Musa and he's well into his 40's!! 

• Haha 1

He's not starting because he's not good enough for the first team, its like Kaputska only a lot more expensive. 

His movement is absolutely horrendous, it beggars belief how he's got this far in Football, reminds me of Elvis Hammond.

41 minutes ago, erlee said:

2 starts since he was bought for 25M quids..

why blame him when he was afforded more playing time? who's to blame for this shambolic move? Shakey?

hes had more then enough time on the pitch to prove himself, came on as a sub almost every game over established players.

you dont start unproven players if you want to get results.

Personally I think we may need to bite the bullet with this one. He scored goals in a team where the build up play enabled him to capitalise on opportunities mostly in the box; we need a lot more than that from a player that clearly lacks to the pace and directness of someone like JV and we can't really be carrying passengers/mavericks whilst we wait for them to have their big moment. 

• Like 1

If we really did put him on £115k a week then we deserve to be ripped off this month. As he's so young, I'd like to see him get game time so we should loan him out. He's been shit so far, but he's not going to improve with stoppage time cameos.

To be fair to him, he took his goal well against Leeds and laid one on a plate for Slimani but for the other 88 mins he was just wandered round aimlessly. 

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, TheHitman™ said:

Also, isn't it funny when the people who say they never rated a guy come out at this time. Where were you when he got signed?

Quite a few of us did express reservations about him, not just the fee but also how long it dragged out as it did have the feeling of someone who didn't really want to be here.

We were told by the usual mob we weren't real fans, he was going to be absolutely brilliant as he had scored x amount of goals in x amount of minutes and if we didn't like it to go and support Forest.

18 hours ago, TheHitman™ said:

Kramaric is a good example. He didn't do well here and when he moved on to Hoffenheim he became a regular for that team. Finding players that fit a set system of play is important. But at the same time for Leicester i think Iheanacho was bought for the purpose to start transitioning the type of play for the team, the same with Slimani and Silva. 

Musa on the other hand was intended to be a like for like replacement for Vardy. 

Kramaric looked better than Iheanacho to me. Wasn't great for us but clearly had something about him.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MattP said:

Quite a few of us did express reservations about him, not just the fee but also how long it dragged out as it did have the feeling of someone who didn't really want to be here.

We were told by the usual mob we weren't real fans, he was going to be absolutely brilliant as he had scored x amount of goals in x amount of minutes and if we didn't like it to go and support Forest.

So what are you still doing here? :ph34r: 

50 minutes ago, Karljohn said:

He's not starting because he's not good enough for the first team, its like Kaputska only a lot more expensive. 

His movement is absolutely horrendous, it beggars belief how he's got this far in Football, reminds me of Elvis Hammond.

Been thinking the same.

It's very different having our standard of midfielder behind you when you've had the likes of Silva creating chances for you lol 

Getting less than 10 mins in that shambles last Saturday tells you all you need to know about Puels opinion on him.  Not good enough to start or have any impact against Fleetwood!  I do believe it is down to attitude eg he’s struggling to adapt to having to work to get goals instead of riding on the coat tails of great players and scoring tap ins. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Been thinking the same.

It's very different having our standard of midfielder behind you when you've had the likes of Silva creating chances for you lol 

Similar here. It did make me think when can I remember him starting for Man City? Then I remembered, Leicester 4 Man City 2

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Karljohn said:

Bit harsh on Elvis!

lol

• Like 1