Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Iheanacho

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Is that not what we're doing with Dragovic?

Come on, you can loan players, but when a player is sought after it’s not going to happen is it. It’s a fair way of signing fringe players but to bring in anyone who another club is interested in it’s not going to be a realistic strategy is it? 

Edit; Should’ve multi-quoted but didn’t.

Edited by Leeds Fox

• 1 month later...
Just now, Happy Fox said:

He doesn't have the pace of Vardy I see him as a replacement for Okazaki.

I'm thinking that Puel might be looking at someone like a Hamza or Thomas, etc for that role, at least long-term. Only reason is because Hamza was definitely brought on against Spurs to play the Okazaki role.

Puel said a few weeks ago that Kelechi would get his chance soon. When get the period of having a game every 3 days I am sure he will start a few games.

Right now I don't see him fitting in, he looked bereft of confidence and positionally unaware. I think Shakespeare wanted lots of strikers for a Man United style "throw them all on" strategy which just doesn't work these days.

But he will stay with us and it willl be Slimani that is sold I would think.

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I agree with him staying and Slim going, especially as Puel wants us to play with the ball on the floor and the more technically gifted player is definitely Kelechi, we won't need to pump it from back to front up to a big man by the time Iheanacho is good enough to lead the line if we carry on this transition

Slimani has been hard done by though. If he played for a team that suit his strenghts he would score a lot of goals. Actually he would have been great for Burnley as an example.

But I think it's clear he will go as he won't fit into our style, and I think that's fair enough. Sometimes it just works out that way.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Have a day off.

Iheanacho was, and is, widely regarded as one of the finest young strikers in the Premier League. There's a reason that Man City, a side that can afford whoever they want, were desperate to include a buy-back clause.

He'd scored loads of goals from such a short amount of playing time last season and everyone on here (probably yourself included) was absolutely thrilled we'd signed him.

Iheanacho will have his time.

Not saying he is crap, just dont think he will have his time in our team. Vardy rightfully isnt getting dropped and Okazaki seems first choice when we are playing two strikers. Dont really think I said anything wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, lgfualol said:

Not saying he is crap, just dont think he will have his time in our team. Vardy rightfully isnt getting dropped and Okazaki seems first choice when we are playing two strikers. Dont really think I said anything wrong.

"I think his signing was just an example of how clueless Shakespeare and the board were going into this season"

Iheanacho was not bought to make a big impact this season.

The lad has just turned 21. He's an investment.

Personally I think we absolutely nailed the summer window bar the Silva thing. We signed a top defender, two top midfielders and a potentially world class striker.

• Like 2

We signed one of the most sought after Strikers in the Premier League as well as some other decent players

Not only did we manage that, we have also signed another manager that appears to have some nouse

The futures looking a whole lot better now. So give him time and let Puel decide where and when we use him

Vardy can't go for ever so his time will come

31 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

"I think his signing was just an example of how clueless Shakespeare and the board were going into this season"

Personally I think we absolutely nailed the summer window bar the Silva thing. We signed a top defender, two top midfielders and a potentially world class striker.

I still never said he was crap, just not sure what the plan is with him. He isnt someone that leads the line in a team like ours, unless Puel has a plan. He could do it at Man City because he literally got chances every game on a plate.

I obviously hope to be proved wrong though. I guess we will be waiting until next season see more of him next season if Vardy's legs go. 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Have a day off.

Iheanacho was, and is, widely regarded as one of the finest young strikers in the Premier League. There's a reason that Man City, a side that can afford whoever they want, were desperate to include a buy-back clause.

He'd scored loads of goals from such a short amount of playing time last season and everyone on here (probably yourself included) was absolutely thrilled we'd signed him.

How do you know that reason isn't to bump up what we paid them? Don't be too sold on that point.

I won't write him off, he hasn't impressed me yet but he'll get a chance at some point I'd imagine.

Edited by Dan LCFC

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Have a day off.

Not while Vardy is king he wont and that could be 2-3 years away.....he will not wait around.

Long term Vardy replacement for me. I think he will get his go sooner rather than later. Slimani and Musa for me are going in Jan. I think if we need to go direct, we can throw Ulloa on, who I think will be content with an occasional run out. 

12 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Long term Vardy replacement for me. I think he will get his go sooner rather than later. Slimani and Musa for me are going in Jan. I think if we need to go direct, we can throw Ulloa on, who I think will be content with an occasional run out. 

Vardy replacement :nigel:

thats like replacing our owners for mike Ashley 

13 hours ago, AKCJ said:

A terrible one 

he is typical over priced premier league dross 

he isn’t anything and I called that before he signed 

3 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

A terrible one 

he is typical over priced premier league dross 

he isn’t anything and I called that before he signed 

What a load of shite. He's a fantastic goalscorer, thats not up for debate. You can argue whether he fits how we want to play, but his ability isn't in question by anyone who watched any of his games for Man City.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

What a load of shite. He's a fantastic goalscorer, thats not up for debate. You can argue whether he fits how we want to play, but his ability isn't in question by anyone who watched any of his games for Man City.

TBF to @GaelicFox his opinion would have been controversial at the time for the best goalscorer in PL history by goals per minute.

Time will tell if he's right but considering Man City decided to sell and the performances we've seen from Iheanacho so far he may well be right. Usually you can tell a quality player quite quickly but I've yet to see Iheanacho do anything that I thought was a wow moment. Like the rest of the strikers we've bought since our title win I'd take my money back if offered it for Slimani, Iheanacho and Musa.

I've not wrote Iheanacho off quite yet but he's certainly failed to impress so far.

• Like 2