Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Iheanacho

41 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

it was fleetwood.   WE have made a mistake with nacho - best to accept it and move on

What do you exactly mean with "WE"?

FT wrongly slating him to no end although he barely played or the club did buy the wrong guy?

• Like 1

Reading the thread, it's sounding like he scored a brace against a top 6 side.

It's excellent that he had a great match, and I think he earned his rights to be considered a starter for the next round of the FA Cup. But excessive hype ain't helping anyone here: these were goals against a non-Prem team.

Last season for example Southampton made it to the EFL Cup finals, rotating like crazy under Puel. They managed quite a few clean sheets if I remember correctly. Methinks that's a pretty fair standard for comparison's sake: players not currently starting have an opportunity and an obligation with the Cup matches. We failed last time, and passed the test in the subsequent rematch. We're probably a better team now, having experienced and survived (=won) the round. Best of luck to all!

Edited by halibut

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

I wouldn't use the term "great finisher". You have to remember the state of the opposition last night and you'd expect him to get a couple of chances. Yes, he took his goals well and if he can replicate that in the League then his price tag won't look so embarrassing.

Well... given his ridiculous shot on goal / goal ratio when he was bought here - yes, he is a great finisher. Possibly one of the best. Players like Aguero, Ronaldo or even Messi don't have anything near those stats. But those guys create a lot of their own chances, so they will get twice as much scoring opportunities than Nacho if not more.

If you took Iheanacho's finishing stats prior to arrival and adjusted it to the number of scoring chances Messi had to score last year he would be close to 100 goals pers season.

Edited by Marutimon

Lets not get too carried away here. It was great to see the lad finally get some decent game time and he did come alive and score with 3 good finishes as well as contribute overall. However, it's only 1 game & not a full one at that so lets not crush him under unrealistic expectations just yet. Lets not forget that Musa scored twice against Barcelona but hasn't quite delivered on that early promise.

I think that Nacho really will be an effective attacker but he needs developing, and I think he might just be in the right place for that now.

6 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

His allround game can be improved. Finishing is something you either have or not and that's the most important quality for a striker.

Let's suppose Vardy is injured. Who's going to play upfront then? Furthermore with Puel's aka possession based football with the ball kept on the floor, he can be a real alternative to Vardy against teams sitting deep.

Just don't play him behind the striker because he's shit at that. The real question is when are we going to buy an upgrade on Shinji?

if vardy is injured I would start either slimani or ulloa.

Lots of overreaction on here because he scored in a 3rd round replay against "fleetwood".

Really he needs to go out on loan, give him game time at a club that can "carry and develop" him without us losing points in the process.  Probably a championship club or lower table EPL club.

Otherwise end of season if we no longer have anything to play for.

I also noticed his first goal he had that heavy touch and a EPL defender probably would have cut that out.

Edited by Chrysalis

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

Lots of overreaction on here because he scored in a 3rd round replay against "fleetwood".

Really he needs to go out on loan, give him game time at a club that can "carry and develop" him without us losing points in the process.  Probably a championship club or lower table EPL club.

Lol, ain't gonna happen.

You'd play a guy who's as mobile as blue whale and not even making it to the bench? Not counting that he's even more rustier Nacho? FT logic. His fate like Musa's are sealed. The Manager has no further plans for them.

Thank god, Puel seems to have other ideas. He's here to stay, you'll see him more than once this season and not only for dead rubber.

Edited by ZeGuy

1 hour ago, KJT said:

He needs to play like a team mate, I am abit concerned that he wants to celebrate his goals individually, also he seemed bit loner type in the interview after woods with Hardy on BT sport

I see him on Snapchat stories and Instagram looking pretty chummy with the squad. I wouldn’t worry. Instagram after the match thanked teammates and fans but didn’t mention his goals, etc.

12 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I see him on Snapchat stories and Instagram looking pretty chummy with the squad. I wouldn’t worry. Instagram after the match thanked teammates and fans but didn’t mention his goals, etc.

Its thanks to snapchat you realize ndidi and iheanacho are not actually 40 year old Nigerians... they act like kids lol 

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

Did you see the match yesterday?! The transformation after his first goal was striking.

All this fella needs is a bit of confidence and the accustomisation to Puel's instructions.

Loaning him out to a Championship club.. come on, now!

• Like 2

All this confidence will be undone if he doesn't get half an hour against Watford.

I hope Puel gives him more of a chance, I love Vardy, but we can't be solely reliant on him and hope he doesn't get injured. We need plan B and C and we also shouldn't be afraid to use Vardy wider, or as a sub. Could you imagine how a defender would feel if they had been battling all game and then on 65 minutes Vardy comes on, fresh as a daisy and rips them to shreds.

It would be great to see Nacho get some minutes up front leading the line, it would be great to see him partner Vardy effectively and it would be great to know that we have an effective option on the bench.

12 minutes ago, Captain... said:

All this confidence will be undone if he doesn't get half an hour against Watford.

I hope Puel gives him more of a chance, I love Vardy, but we can't be solely reliant on him and hope he doesn't get injured. We need plan B and C and we also shouldn't be afraid to use Vardy wider, or as a sub. Could you imagine how a defender would feel if they had been battling all game and then on 65 minutes Vardy comes on, fresh as a daisy and rips them to shreds.

It would be great to see Nacho get some minutes up front leading the line, it would be great to see him partner Vardy effectively and it would be great to know that we have an effective option on the bench.

Some of Vardy’s best work this season has come from him whipping a ball in or rocketing it across the face of the goal. 

11 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I hope Puel gives him more of a chance, I love Vardy, but we can't be soley reliant on him and hope he doesn't get injured. We need plan B and C and we also shouldn't be afraid to use Vardy wider, or as a sub. Could you imagine how a defender would feel if they had been battling all game and then on 65 minutes Vardy comes on, fresh as a daisy and rips them to shreds.

Have we sold Slimani the player with the best goals/ assists to minutes played?

Nacho will get another chance against Peterborough.

Let' not forget, how young of a player Nacho is. Still plenty of room to grow. We must find out what his best position is. So far it seems he likes leading the line. He hasn' meshed well with Vardy, yet, but has also only had limited looks playing with him. Suppose having these types of issues shows how far the club has grown.

2 minutes ago, nepa fox said:

Let' not forget, how young of a player Nacho is. Still plenty of room to grow. We must find out what his best position is. So far it seems he likes leading the line. He hasn' meshed well with Vardy, yet, but has also only had limited looks playing with him. Suppose having these types of issues shows how far the club has grown.

Well that's already done. He can't play out wide and can't play as a 10. H's pure 9 made for a team that plays the ball on the floor. Anything else and he will flop.

Edited by ZeGuy

2 hours ago, KJT said:

He needs to play like a team mate, I am abit concerned that he wants to celebrate his goals individually, also he seemed bit loner type in the interview after woods with Hardy on BT sport

I am genuinely intrigued as to how you can infer this from an interview?  Did he say the phrase "I am a bit of a loner"?  Honestly not having a go, just impressed if someone can deduce something like that from a Sky Sports interview.  How did you do it?

X

"kelechi is just a scorer" "he isn't a complete forward".  because we have the most complete striker in the world, right? how dare he, as a striker have "scoring" as his best attribute

people don't want a complete forward, they want a fast striker with great work rate. they want vardy 2.0

from his sample size, i trust kelechi infront of goal 1v1 more than any of our strikers

Edited by the fox
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

This reads like you don't believe that was really Fleetwood we were playing lol

Edited by Paddy.