Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Iheanacho

24 minutes ago, halibut said:

Are you suggesting that Iheanacho should move on to a different team where he could shine? 

Don't know about his wages, but I'd rather have a young prospect stay and work his way up the ladder here.  He just had a good display in the second attempt against Fleetwood Town.  The next round of the FA Cup seems a natural choice. 

I think he's suggesting the opposite. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, halibut said:

Are you suggesting that Iheanacho should move on to a different team where he could shine? 

Don't know about his wages, but I'd rather have a young prospect stay and work his way up the ladder here.  He just had a good display in the second attempt against Fleetwood Town.  The next round of the FA Cup seems a natural choice. 

A young prospect on reportedly over 100k a week? On that wage you need to deliver and not be seen as a youth teamer who will work his way up the ranks.

• Like 2

On 17/01/2018 at 08:36, Jon the Hat said:

We cannot play Vardy every week and develop his successors at the same time. Need to give this lad game time.

Does your butler tell you that daily?

(I hope you don't mind this banter!- I'm really quite enjoying it. Next time I'm over your neck in the woods without time pressure, it would be nice to have a drink. Do you know of any cheap champagne bars?)

Giving Iheanacho 20-30 minutes almost every game would be a good start. Play him when Leicester is comfortably leading, or put him on when Vardy is ineffective on the day, or put Vardy on the wing and Iheanacho up front, hell - even test Iheanacho in place of Okazaki or Iheanacho on the wing (he could have a very good cross given how technically apt he is with the ball). But play him regularly, not 5 minutes every 2-3 games.

17 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

Giving Iheanacho 20-30 minutes almost every game would be a good start. Play him when Leicester is comfortably leading, or put him on when Vardy is ineffective on the day, or put Vardy on the wing and Iheanacho up front, hell - even test Iheanacho in place of Okazaki or Iheanacho on the wing (he could have a very good cross given how technically apt he is with the ball). But play him regularly, not 5 minutes every 2-3 games.

Agree with most of that but he cannot play the Okazaki role. He looked completely lost trying to play behind Vardy earlier in the season. Admittedly that was under Shakespeare and the ball was by passing him as we punted it for Vardy to chase. Start him up top against Watford, Vardy is coming back from an injury, Nacho will be full of confidence after Tuesday, give him his opportunity if he takes it great, if not we have Vardy to come off the bench to terrorise a tired defence.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Agree with most of that but he cannot play the Okazaki role. He looked completely lost trying to play behind Vardy earlier in the season. Admittedly that was under Shakespeare and the ball was by passing him as we punted it for Vardy to chase. Start him up top against Watford, Vardy is coming back from an injury, Nacho will be full of confidence after Tuesday, give him his opportunity if he takes it great, if not we have Vardy to come off the bench to terrorise a tired defence.

Good idea, though Claude would then face a selection dilemma if Nacho put a couple away again. Would be a nice dilemma to have, mind.

• Like 1

All he can now do is try and make an impression in the PL. So far he's been anonymous but I hope Puel gives him some more opportunities. If it's a tight game tomorrow and Vardy is ineffective then get Iheanacho on and let him prove his worth, likewise if we're 2 goals up after 55-60 mins then get him on the field, it's one thing Puel isn't as quick to do as previous managers.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

All he can now do is try and make an impression in the PL. So far he's been anonymous but I hope Puel gives him some more opportunities. If it's a tight game tomorrow and Vardy is ineffective then get Iheanacho on and let him prove his worth, likewise if we're 2 goals up after 55-60 mins then get him on the field, it's one thing Puel isn't as quick to do as previous managers.

A bit like Wenger in that respect.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2018 at 21:01, Marutimon said:

Well... his goalscoring record, despite his poor start for the Foxes, has been prolific.

He would need to be played more to get a better idea of him though. He's scored 32 professional goals for club and country at a rate of almost 1 per game (plus 15 assists).

His league record of 12 goals in 48 games for Manchester City obviously could have been more but it wasn't and it doesn't necessarily mean because you play more you'll score more. As for Arthur Rowley 251 goals in 303 games and an overall league tally of 434 goals in 619 games. I doubt that will ever be repeated and never played for his country, unbelievable!!

He simply needs to work harder

in order to show what he has 

‘in his locker’.

He looks like only a finisher at the moment who thinks he’s too good to put in the desired level of effort need to be better at other aspects of his game.

What he’s shown so far is not good enough for the PL; where pressing defences and being able to pass to a team mate are prerequisites for the TEAM.

Granted he has not played much, but in his case I’m looking for commitment and desire, which more than ever could have been shown more in the cameo appearances he has so far made.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

His league record of 12 goals in 48 games for Manchester City obviously could have been more but it wasn't and it doesn't necessarily mean because you play more you'll score more. As for Arthur Rowley 251 goals in 303 games and an overall league tally of 434 goals in 619 games. I doubt that will ever be repeated and never played for his country, unbelievable!!

12 goals in 48 games. But given most of those were 1-7 minutes substitutes paints an entirely different picture.

12 goals in 1533 minutes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marutimon said:

12 goals in 48 games. But given most of those were 1-7 minutes substitutes paints an entirely different picture.

12 goals in 1533 minutes.

Which is the highest ratio of goals to minutes in prem history...

Can't believe that Mr Hankey is trying to use that stat against him!  lollollol

4 hours ago, murphy said:

Which is the highest ratio of goals to minutes in prem history...

Can't believe that Mr Hankey is trying to use that stat against him!  lollollol

1533 minutes is the equivalent of 17 full games. 12 in 17 is very tidy but it's surely not a record?

7 hours ago, David Hankey said:

It was astonishing - even more so that he was sold eight goals shy of Chandler's club record. 

I've always thought that he was overlooked by his country because much of his tally was achieved in the old Div. 2. Nonetheless wasn't the record season 44 in 42? and during one season in he top flight he scored 20 goals in 25 starts. 

2 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

1533 minutes is the equivalent of 17 full games. 12 in 17 is very tidy but it's surely not a record?

Yes it is.  It is the record minutes to goals ratio.  It was quoted many times during the long running saga that was his signing.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15126/10709666/kelechi-iheanacho-has-the-best-goals-per-minute-record-in-premier-league-history

25 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Both 'ends' too.

Yak was a legEND

Nacho a bellEND

Yes, we get it. You've nailed your colours to this particular mast more than once. This though, Jesus. Doesn't half make you sound like an immature knob.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/19/2018 at 08:05, Marutimon said:

so player above the team?

The manager is doing whats right, team comes ahead of player development.

I am glad he didnt kneejerk against watford.

Nacho will get more pitch time, but he needs to be patient and work hard in the mean time, in cup games etc.

5 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

so player above the team?

The manager is doing whats right, team comes ahead of player development.

I am glad he didnt kneejerk against watford.

Nacho will get more pitch time, but he needs to be patient and work hard in the mean time, in cup games etc.

I could argue that in the medium term it would be very beneficial for the team to integrate Iheanacho into the first XI as soon as possible, so as to always have another option. Right now Vardy is the only option. If he fails than well...

And how is it detrimental to the team to giving Iheanacho minutes when the game allows it? Like yesterday - everyone was missing left and right. Why not bring in Iheanacho to finish off the game, instead of Gray, who lets face it dribbles nicely, but is as effective as Boris Johnson pole dancing.