Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Iheanacho

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I can see there being an argument IF he'd not scored, but since he did, how can it be anything but the right thing to have done. 

Used to like Michael Owen as a player but he's a right dickbutt now. 

All ex playing pundits are dickbutts (great expression) and are the worst thing to happen to the game in the last 10-15 years. Not convinced? Shearer, Keown, Mills, Owen, Murphy.... still not? Neville, Nicholas, Hartson, Lawrenson, Carragher... Shall I go on?

They all seem to think their opinion instead of their insight is what we want. Can’t stand any of the egotistical, has-been tits.

Edited by TaggertvsWise
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So your come up with that after watch score goals against Fleetwood and Peterborough!

I think there is probably 5 better then him in the PL.....

At finishing? Name one.

There isn't.

And my opinion is based on his career achievements. His goal to shots on goal ratio is ridiculous. Some three times that of Aguero for example. But Iheanacho won't create his own goals like Aguero will. In a goalscoring opportunity Iheanacho supersedes Aguero, but his other game aspects are problematic.

Edited by Marutimon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

All ex playing pundits are dickbutts (great expression) andcare the worst thing to happen to the game in the last 10-15 years. Not convinced? Shearer, Keown, Mills, Owen, Murphy.... still not? Neville, Nicholas, Hartson, Lawrenson, Carragher... Shall I go on?

They all seem to think their opinion instead of their insight is what we want. Can’t stand any of the egotistical, has-been tits.

Henry is a good pundit tbf - smart and well-spoken

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

At finishing? Name one.

There isn't.

And my opinion is based on his career achievements. His goal to shots on goal ratio is ridiculous. Some three times that of Aguero for example. But Iheanacho won't create his own goals like Aguero will. In a goalscoring opportunity Iheanacho supersedes Aguero, but his other game aspects are problematic.

Kane....... 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

He should have passed 100%, whatever happens afterwards is irrelevant.

If we replay that situation 100 times he scores 5-10% of the time by shooting and we score about 50% of the time if he passes.

Maybe if it was a more important match he probably does pass but decided to shoot this time as we were 1-0 up and coasting and he was uber confident of finishing it.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

All ex playing pundits are dickbutts (great expression) and are the worst thing to happen to the game in the last 10-15 years. Not convinced? Shearer, Keown, Mills, Owen, Murphy.... still not? Neville, Nicholas, Hartson, Lawrenson, Carragher... Shall I go on?

Say what?

11 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If we replay that situation 100 times he scores 5-10% of the time by shooting and we score about 50% of the time if he passes.

Maybe if it was a more important match he probably does pass but decided to shoot this time as we were 1-0 up and coasting and he was uber confident of finishing it.

100% really? He did score, maybe you could say a begrudging 99%?

He does seem to like that kind of shooting position, maybe he fancied his chances there more than Harvey B's

20 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

Harry Kane:

Goals / shots on goal 18,63% (CL and EPL)

Goals / shots on target 40,08% (EPL)

Kelechi Iheanacho:

Goals / shots on goal 22,33% (CL and EPL)

Goals / shots on target 63,16% (EPL)

Kane 139 PL app, 99 goals 

Nacho 55 PL app, 12 goals

Stats aren't everything, so in your world, a player who have 10 shots from a yard out and score 10 goals, and has a 100 percent record that make him the best finisher in the league over a player who score 8 from 10 more difficult chances and only has an 80% percent record! 

Edited by coolhandfox

1 hour ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Don't mind Henry and Shearer tbh ... both great players ...  find what they have to say quite informative.

Certainly value their opinion more than Kevin Kilbane and Garth Crooks ( the biggest idiot of the lot ).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Kane 139 PL app, 99 goals 

Nacho 55 PL app, 12 goals

Stats aren't everything, so in your world, a player who have 10 shots from a yard out and score 10 goals, and has a 100 percent record that make him the best finisher in the league over a player who score 8 from 10 more difficult chances and only has an 80% percent record! 

Sure. Stats aren't everything, but some are better then other.

Nacho has 55 PL appearances, but 95% of those were as a subs with most of them 5-10 minutes. Kane plays the full 90. It would be more honest to compare minutes played.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I think it matters a lot who the two players were in that situation. 

If it was Gray in this situation shooting instead of passing to Mahrez, then yeah he should have passed 100%.

But Nacho has scored very similar goals before from that position, and Barnes as far as I know mostly scored screamers and isn't great at finishing chances from that position, I remember the Barnsley manager saying that Barnes needed to work on his tap-ins.

So I think it was more a 50/50 decision whether or not Nacho should have passed in this case.

The boy has undoubtedly got talent. Very pissed after enjoying today but if anyone can name a more natural finisher they has played for Leicester in recent times id be surprised. Work to do on his all round game but we’ve got a gem here and I’d happily argue with anyone who suggests otherwise 

• Like 1

Just now, shilton_fox said:

The boy has undoubtedly got talent. Very pissed after enjoying today but if anyone can name a more natural finisher they has played for Leicester in recent times id be surprised. Work to do on his all round game but we’ve got a gem here and I’d happily argue with anyone who suggests otherwise 

Akinbiyi says hi 

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

How desperate do you have to be to criticise a young footballer with a track record of accurate finishing in the bottom corners to claim he should have passed the ball when he knew full well he could score? lol

Does it really matter if he should of passed it or not. We will never know the outcome if he did. What we do know is he shot and scored. Maybe he should of passed for the 2nd of his goals too

1 minute ago, Lesterlad said:

Does it really matter if he should of passed it or not. We will never know the outcome if he did. What we do know is he shot and scored. Maybe he should of passed for the 2nd of his goals too

Great to have a striker with such confidence to take it on... kane would never pass, Ronaldo wouldn’t either, too forwards see a chance and take it. He did that 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Koke said:

There are times when I watch him and I think "don't shoot" but he still does and scores.  Today and against Leeds in the cup. His shooting accuracy is pretty good and he's got decent technique. He will not get ahead of Vardy but don't give up in him. He's 21. Vardy is 31. Iheanacho is a good player.

He certainly won't with many on here, even when Vardy has retired!

• Like 1