Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Iheanacho

Really please for the lad. Being wrote off after a few games by most on here. He’s class. You could clearly tell that he was rusty after only playing a handful of minutes and the recent goals he has scored have shown he’s a proper finisher who needed time and confidence. He will definitely be pushing Vardy in the very near future. It’s nice to know we have some serious squad depth now. 

• Like 1

Just now, elvisfmcfly said:

In the Sunday mirror today that he wants to leave for Newcastle. Can’t be bothered to find a link.Probably bollox anyway.

I've just read that and came to check on here ...   whats occurring ...    anything in it anyone ???    :mellow:

I doubt that we'd be willing to sell him but he's done well recently.

What I like about him is he offers us another way of playing aside from the Vardy way. That is playing in front of the back 4.

he's a poacher and not a leader of the line. Some of his support and interplay was excellent yesterday.

If he continues to work hard then yes I think he can make the breakthrough and possibly replace Okazaki. 

There is no doubt that the percentage decision should have been the pass, however, a young striker short of game time and eager to score, impress and gain confidence, no surprise the decision he made .... what do people gain out of criticising that? Owens been a melt over this cos as an excellent striker himself he should know that!

Edited by Bluetintedspecs

He's looking much better now than he was a few weeks ago- much more sharp and alert, and more of a presence up front. His finishing ability was never in doubt. If we give him chances, he will score.

I think Puel sees him as Vardy's long-term successor. As Vardy ages, Iheanacho develops and our style of play evolves to suit him more, he will start to get more opportunities and should ideally be first choice striker in a couple of years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

I've just read that and came to check on here ...   whats occurring ...    anything in it anyone ???    :mellow:

Most likely crappy journalism, since there was talk Newcastle being interested in the summer. I very much doubt they could afford him since their last record signing was £22m, Michael Owen 12 years ago.  

Why on earth would he want to go to Newcastle the clubs in limbo.  Ashley is not wanting to invest as he openly wants  to sell the club but he can’t get a buyer . Add to this people are unsure if Rafa is going to stay or if they will stay up . The only plus would be their apparent bigger fan base 

23 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Most likely crappy journalism, since there was talk Newcastle being interested in the summer. I very much doubt they could afford him since their last record signing was £22m, Michael Owen 12 years ago.  

£16m

49 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

It didn’t say someone was definitely after him (mentioned Newcastle) .....    but it did say he ‘wanted’ to leave ..  that’s what caught my eye ...   if any Mercury journos are reading this if there’s any truth in it just pop something in Mondays edition ...   ta.  :thumbup:

Just now, Countryfox said:

It didn’t say someone was definitely after him (mentioned Newcastle) .....    but it did say he ‘wanted’ to leave ..  that’s what caught my eye ...   if any Mercury journos are reading this if there’s any truth in it just pop something in Mondays edition ...   ta.  :thumbup:

Or confirm he’s really happy here ! ...    ta again.

47 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Why on earth would he want to go to Newcastle the clubs in limbo.  Ashley is not wanting to invest as he openly wants  to sell the club but he can’t get a buyer . Add to this people are unsure if Rafa is going to stay or if they will stay up . The only plus would be their apparent bigger fan base 

At least he would play. Doubt he will start any league games until next season here, if that. Vardy wont be dropped.

He can now realistically hope to be making more appearances off the bench at LCFC - maybe replacing Vardy for the last 20 mins, depending on how the match is going.

He is surely also now in pole position to replace Vardy if he gets injured, suspended or loses form. His main rivals (Slimani & Ulloa) are behind him in the pecking order and might be leaving.

Meanwhile, he is 21 and Vardy 31. Plus LCFC might be in Europe next season, whereas Newcastle might be in the Championship!

Would be a crazy decision for him to leave now, surely, even if Newcastle offered an acceptable price.

Mind you, further rumours are emerging that Mike Ashley is feeling confident. He's just ordered 15 pints and a plateful of nachos, ready to celebrate the signing by vomiting into a pub fireplace. :ph34r: