Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Iheanacho

I'd have called for him to pass at the time but given he actually scored I don't think you can moan at him too much. A situation of "if you're gonna take this you better score", well, he did, and it was an absolutely perfect finish.

I'm genuinely glad for him. I've been unimpressed with Iheanacho so far but his finishing is great.

2 hours ago, Usafox1 said:

Some people here are just delusional! Nacho has proven and continues to prove that he’s one of the best goal scorers in the game . He had the highest goal per minute ratio when he played for Man City, Same with his country and he continues with that record even though he has rarely played. 

He’s going to the world in June, if he performs as expected there’s no way he stays and continues to play bit minutes behind Vardy.  It’s going to be a choice of either selling him or playing him.  

At some point in the near future a 31yr old Vardy will need to be phased out or sold, a 21 yr old Nacho will not wait for him to retire to get a playing time.

I hope you are right - his finishing is great... he needs to work on first touch (maybe mahrez can show him) and to run with the ball at his feet so that the defenders have to stand off.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Usafox1 said:

Some people here are just delusional! Nacho has proven and continues to prove that he’s one of the best goal scorers in the game . He had the highest goal per minute ratio when he played for Man City, Same with his country and he continues with that record even though he has rarely played. 

He’s going to the world in June, if he performs as expected there’s no way he stays and continues to play bit minutes behind Vardy.  It’s going to be a choice of either selling him or playing him.  

At some point in the near future a 31yr old Vardy will need to be phased out or sold, a 21 yr old Nacho will not wait for him to retire to get a playing time.

Blasphemy! 

Never suggest JV might need to be phased out at some point, you will find a fox's head in your bed, delivered by someone from this forum!

P.S I have tried to say this recently but get shot down by the Stone Island jacket and skinny jean mob.

• Haha 1

On 1/27/2018 at 18:52, foxes21 said:

I’d start him against the Swans to save Vardy playing twice in 3 days. 

I very much doubt Puel will do that, but I would be surprised if he isn't on the bench for both games and maybe come on for 15/20 minutes if the state of the game allows.

2 minutes ago, Woof said:

I very much doubt Puel will do that, but I would be surprised if he isn't on the bench for both games and maybe come on for 15/20 minutes if the state of the game allows.

I think you'll need to learn to be surprised with Puel where Vardy is concerned, you mark my words. Vardy isn't the future of this team, he's just a part of it.

Edited by Colourmy
  • Like 2

Reportedly has asked to leave the club. Although where I read it could just as easily be bullshit. Hopefully its bullshit as I think he will come good. Just needs time to be evolved into the team now he is fully over his injury.

11 minutes ago, fox766 said:

"...Reportedly has asked to leave the club".

If there is any truth in this, i would imagine it is most probably a story planted by his agent to either...

a)  strengthen his position to negotiate a wage increase

or

b) stregnthen his position to secure more game time minutes

or

c) both of above

Just the way the game is these days. One good game and he's banging on the managers door demanding better terms via a "proxy" newspaper story

1 minute ago, Foxy-Lady said:

If there is any truth in this, i would imagine it is most probably a story planted by his agent to either...

or

or

c) both of above

Just the way the game is these days. One good game and he's banging on the managers door demanding better terms via a "proxy" newspaper story

He hardly has much ammunition to ask for a wage increase.

It will be rubbish, Ulloa and Musa gone and Slimani likely to be on his way coupled with his recent brilliant performances in the FA Cup means he's now finding his place in the squad.

5 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

or

or

c) both of above

Is that 'proxy' newspaper or poxy newspaper ! ...    probably both ...   :)

I'm still waiting for Sharpe or Tanner from the Mercury to let us know ...   c'mon you paper boys !! ...   you must read this ...  pull your fingers out !!

• Like 1

He's surely earnt the right now to get some proper minutes in the PL. If Vardy is having an ineffective game then he ought to be given 20-30 mins and likewise if we're a couple of goals up around the hour mark in games. I'm telling you, if he gets a few PL goals soon I think he'll be lethal. The difference in his confidence and attitude has been remarkable. He is the future.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

He needs the last 15 minutes as Vardy's sub in every game... Vardy could do with the competition too in my eyes - he's not taken his chances particularly well these past 5 appearances..

20mil for a back up to Vardy? You must be a filthy rich gambler who just wants to keep the game going for entertainment purposes. Nonsense!

• Haha 1

I don't think he's a drop in replacement for Vardy. Iheanacho seems to need a lot of supporting players. The Peterborough match was perfect for him. He had Barnes, Diabate and Gray supplying him. As brilliant as Albrighton, Shinji, Ndidi and Matty James are, they're not going to give him the same kind of service. Perhaps linking up well with Mahrez and Silva could work though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

or

or

c) both of above

You are being absurd. Negotiating wage increase for what exactly, playing a couple of games for half a season? If anything Newcastle is using this to strong arm feyernoord into accepting their bid for Jorgensen as that is the only purpose I see this could serve.