Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Iheanacho

12 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Should have been done in the Summer. We need one more than ever with Mahrez going. Okazaki, though our best match with Vardy, can't get the assists/goals needed. 

Should've been done the summer before. We've made near enough the exact same mistake with the Iheanacho signing as we did the Slimani signing.

Can't wait for us to sign Javier Hernandez and play him at number ten.

Okazaki's goals have badly dried up again. 1 goal in 20 they said earlier. He scored a few early doors but that's a pretty poor effort. Definitely think he should be starting but I do wish he contributed a few more goals.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Okazaki's goals have badly dried up again. 1 goal in 20 they said earlier. He scored a few early doors but that's a pretty poor effort. Definitely think he should be starting but I do wish he contributed a few more goals.

I've not checked recently but earlier on in the season Okazaki's shots per 90 figure was higher than Vardys. If we can sign an attacking midfielder that score or so goals and assist the same amount it would drastically reduce the impact of replacing Mahrez with a slightly lesser player.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 19:58, Dan LCFC said:

Absolutely ridiculous that we keep doing it. Slimani isn't a 10. Iheanacho isn't a 10. Mahrez isn't, Gray isn't, Diabate isn't.

Okazaki is the only one in the entire squad and he's the most unconventional number 10 I've ever seen.

We seem utterly unable to work out how not to depend on the “Leicester 10” role, which is not only not Nacho, it is not anybody alive except Shinji. 

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 18:14, maddog said:

The problem with Kelechi is he doesn't have a brain.

Not just the lack of a football brain, his head is completely hollow. And without any sort of brain he can't ever be expected to be good at football. 

He's just massively brain-dead. You'll struggle to find a dumber premier league player. 

TBF Rudkin did tell the board "Trust me -- this one's a no-brainer".

• Haha 4

On 3/18/2018 at 23:58, Dan LCFC said:

Absolutely ridiculous that we keep doing it. Slimani isn't a 10. Iheanacho isn't a 10. Mahrez isn't, Gray isn't, Diabate isn't.

Okazaki is the only one in the entire squad and he's the most unconventional number 10 I've ever seen.

36 minutes ago, KingsX said:

We seem utterly unable to work out how not to depend on the “Leicester 10” role, which is not only not Nacho, it is not anybody alive except Shinji. 

Tbh I think that Salami could have done a job for us ...   not in the Shinji role but as an upgrade on Ulloa, who always put in a shift and offered something different when he came on.    There was probably more to it behind the scenes however as to why he was moved on ...   shame imo ...     although I'm sure that many will disagree ..

Nacho ...   just can't see it I'm afraid and, with no disrespect to CP (who I think is doing a cracking job), can't help thinking we would be through to the semis if Shinji had started.              And NO !! ...   I still aint fookin got over it yet !!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Tbh I think that Salami could have done a job for us ...   not in the Shinji role but as an upgrade on Ulloa, who always put in a shift and offered something different when he came on.    There was probably more to it behind the scenes however as to why he was moved on ...   shame imo ...     although I'm sure that many will disagree ..

Nacho ...   just can't see it I'm afraid and, with no disrespect to CP (who I think is doing a cracking job), can't help thinking we would be through to the semis if Shinji had started.              And NO !! ...   I still aint fookin got over it yet !!! 

This 

17 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I love Shinji but his influence is waning isn't it? He doesn't have the effect he once did. I wouldn't replace him (I love the guy) but we could do with an alternative.

Might get ridiculed for this but I've always thought that Jay Rodriguez would be a decent alternative to Shinji. Rodriguez often plays as a deep forward and is good at keeping defenders busy. He is more physical than Shinji too. Think he could play that role quite effectively and is a decent finisher.

Got an annoying face though admittedly.

5 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Slimani I heard wasn't particularly popular, just a general mardy arse with everyone, teammates, coaches, management. Just not a liked character and one good to be shot of.

On 3/18/2018 at 22:14, maddog said:

The problem with Kelechi is he doesn't have a brain.

Not just the lack of a football brain, his head is completely hollow. And without any sort of brain he can't ever be expected to be good at football. 

He's just massively brain-dead. You'll struggle to find a dumber premier league player. 

........ A tad bit of overkill!!

I can understand your frustrations but your post is harsh and totally shows a complete disrespect to the player. The club seem to have taken a policy of buying players believing that they would add value and improve our team. The fact that the manager has not asked for the player but instructed to make the player integrate within the team really does a disservice to the player, the team and the incumbent manager. Slimani was brought in to replace Vardy, Vardy stayed which left Slimani to try to fit into a team in a position that he is not suited to. Nacho brought in at a price, with a believe that we were getting a very good player who would develope to become a potential world class player. 

The fact that he does not suit the role he is given and needs to be in Vardys' position on the pitch in order to produce what is required of him appears to be overlooked. The reason he seems unable to perform is that an understanding of the role he is asked to play is totally foreign to him and I suspect he is probably despondent with what he has been asked to do. 

If you could imagine Harry Kane playing on the wing (see N. Pearson) game after game, you would get the same feeling of frustration and seriously question how he has managed to get into a Premiership team and promoting him as a Championship player.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Paddy. said:

I love Shinji but his influence is waning isn't it? He doesn't have the effect he once did. I wouldn't replace him (I love the guy) but we could do with an alternative.

He worked great with our old tactics. Now that we are moving into having the ball more, he is no longer an essential name on the team sheet imo. We need someone that can score and pass playing there.

On 3/20/2018 at 01:43, Dan LCFC said:

2 in 15 games I think, of which he's only started about 7 and it's been disrupted with injury and stop start playing time.

• Like 1

On 19/03/2018 at 12:17, RowlattsFox said:

With the way Puel wants to play Okazaki isn't a number 10 either. We need someone who can receive the ball to feet, control it effectively on the turn and also floats around picking up different positions in between the lines. But he also needs to work hard and get in the box.

I think Diabate deserves a shot in the position.

Totally agree with you, plays well when he comes off the bench must start for me 

18 hours ago, RutlanderFox said:

I can see a Vardy-Rondon partnership working very well 

playing 442 will mean one or 2 creative options maximum, how well will it work when they don't get any chances?

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 22:14, maddog said:

Hmmmmm really try Schlupp (didnt even know we was safe from relegation)

Gray nearly walked into a tail rotor of a helicopter.

But yeah no dumber players.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Hmmmmm really try Schlupp (didnt even know we was safe from relegation)

Gray nearly walked into a tail rotor of a helicopter.

But yeah no dumber players.

To be fair, tail rotors from side-on are incredibly hard to see.

3 minutes ago, Beechey said:

To be fair, tail rotors from side-on are incredibly hard to see.

To be fair, If you don't know what your doing don't wander about.

Or take ya fecking headphones off and listen to what your told.

• Haha 3