Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Iheanacho

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

The evidence so far suggests he's a flat track bully. 

That's not necessarily a bad thing but it means he's largely ineffective against superior teams or maybe teams at our level.

Not sure what evidence we can glean from 3 premier league starts.... other than he clearly hasn't got the trust of our managers yet.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Not sure what evidence we can glean from 3 premier league starts.

You'll note that I said "the evidence so far".

One goal in 473 mins of PL football this season equates to 7 goals a season if he played virtually a whole season.

In his defence he has bullied inferior teams in the cups and that's not a criticism of him as someone needs to do it and Vardy's strike rate is no better against inferior teams as it is against superior teams. He has had two assists in the PL this season in his 473 minutes which equate to 14 over a full season. They were both sublime assists as well so he needs credit for that.

I haven't given up on Iheanacho as he has great pedigree and is still very young but I have mostly been underwhelmed with him so far.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

You'll note that I said "the evidence so far".

One goal in 473 mins of PL football this season equates to 7 goals a season if he played virtually a whole season.

In his defence he has bullied inferior teams in the cups and that's not a criticism of him as someone needs to do it and Vardy's strike rate is no better against inferior teams as it is against superior teams. He has had two assists in the PL this season in his 473 minutes which equate to 14 over a full season. They were both sublime assists as well so he needs credit for that.

I haven't given up on Iheanacho as he has great pedigree and is still very young but I have mostly been underwhelmed with him so far.

That's basically where I'm at.

I would Play him and Trust him until EOS.Try to find a system,that can incorporate him and Vardy

as a pair. Maybe See If we can get Diabete Into the Set Up.

Okazaki to take a Back Seat.Then your chosing between,Gray and Albrighton.

No Matter how Puel Wants to Play it,I wont criticise His selections,He has for me

Carte Blanche,He is the Guy on the Trigger,and will have rightly his own Agenda.

His priorities might Just Not fit,or agree with some of the Fans,who believe He has

something to prove,in their eyes. IMO the Run in until the EOS,it will be the selected

Players who have to prove their commitment and Potential,for the right to be in next seasons

Squad. ..ITS a simple,we are Safe now we and Puel "have to Know" and yes the Ambition we should

have,should see us at least competing for that highest covetted Position of 7th.

But I wont hold Puel to it.  I prefer to See a controlled and successfull rebuild.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

no idea where you got this from but I suspect its the same source that used to say jeff was on 80k .................

I had seen that lol I bet Puels doors been kicked off it's hinges. lollol 

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

I was worried about him when we signed him, I don’t think he is a bad player, just a bad fit for Leicester. Players without that intense work rate rarely fit in with the fans here.

A bit like "The Yak" Yakubu argument at the time- "yeah but all he does is score goals..." Unbelievable!  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

If you say so.

Let’s say he’s on £80k a week then. ??‍♂️

close enough 

the disparity between kelechi and wilf bothers me. they are very close and the longer we don’t hear that wilf has signed an improved deal, the more I think he will soon be off. 

5 hours ago, Collymore said:

A bit like "The Yak" Yakubu argument at the time- "yeah but all he does is score goals..." Unbelievable!  

But with Yakubu in the team we underperformed as a team and disappointed in our league position. It was only when the team ethic was brought in by Pearson that we had success.

27 minutes ago, deep blue said:

But with Yakubu in the team we underperformed as a team and disappointed in our league position. It was only when the team ethic was brought in by Pearson that we had success.

We had a little run of wins midway through 2010/11 with that Sven loan team where we were superb, banging goals in and playing some amazing stuff. Then we got unstuck against Cardiff (?) away and never looked the same, think that culminated with Weale ****ing it at Forest. 

Then Sven had a proper window and ****ed it bar Nuge, Kasper and Konch.

4 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

If you say so.

Let’s say he’s on £80k a week then. ??‍♂️

Gabriel Jesus has just turned down a £90k a week offer from Man City.

With that in mind you'd think Iheanacho wasn't that well paid at Man City so if we've offered him £115k a week we deserve everything that is coming to us.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

We had a little run of wins midway through 2010/11 with that Sven loan team where we were superb, banging goals in and playing some amazing stuff. Then we got unstuck against Cardiff (?) away and never looked the same, think that culminated with Weale ****ing it at Forest. 

Then Sven had a proper window and ****ed it bar Nuge, Kasper and Konch.

Off memory when Yakubu smashed that goal at Derby things were looking really going. We played Norwich midweek and went 1 up, only to lose 1-3. 

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Will come very good in the future, if given the chance.

Works well alongside Vardy in a CF role, maybe not the most physical of players, but compensates with his skill and speed.

Was winning headers last night but Arsenal Cbs aren't exactly big.

I still think he's the heir to Vardy's throne but no issue with his search for game time in different positions on the pitch as it'll only improve him

Was last night his best performance in a City shirt? Maybe. 

Given his price and pedigree Nacho has been a big disappointment. 2 league goals is poor going. But that said the potential is there and ultimately I do see him being our next number 9. In fairness he’s also started to improve his play as the support striker which is encouraging to see. 

But I’m hoping for a much bigger contribution from him next season. 

53 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Was last night his best performance in a City shirt? Maybe. 

Given his price and pedigree Nacho has been a big disappointment. 2 league goals is poor going. But that said the potential is there and ultimately I do see him being our next number 9. In fairness he’s also started to improve his play as the support striker which is encouraging to see. 

But I’m hoping for a much bigger contribution from him next season. 

He did get injured in pre season and playing catch up from then on i think

He need a run of games, he has talent and a good skillset, but still doesn't look match fit.

I think with a good pre-season and a run of games he could be very good. 

One of my big criticism of Puel is he doesn't give players a proper run, one bad game you are dropped.