Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Iheanacho

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I've been very impressed with some of his control, ability to turn and some of his passing. Have to remember he's only 21 when judging him.

Not just that but the fact he gets to play a game or two then gets dropped for a few weeks. If we want to see him get some consistency in his performance there has to be consistency in selection. 

He looks like a confidence footballer to me, he really grows in to a game when things are going his way. 

His vision and and his unorthodoxy are great, he'll try things defenders don't see coming to put other players in. 

I think he'd be a great foil for Riyad and Vardy if we keep the gang together and actually stick to some consistent selection. 

Did plenty of running and closing down yesterday as well. In defence of Puel, not sure he's always been fit enough to a standard we demand. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I've been very impressed with some of his control, ability to turn and some of his passing. Have to remember he's only 21 when judging him.

He just seemed quicker at Man City......, bit that could just be needing a run of games. 

I think we all forget his age because he cost £25 million, can't help but think that with him, Diabates, Gray, Hanza, even Chilwell,  we have have a good crop of young players who could become the nucleus of a really good side, with the right manager.

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I was going to say the same. Seems to get out of the most impossible looking situations at times. Also has good vision with passing (doesn't always come off, but hey!). 

What's the deal with the buy back clause Man City have on him? Does it drop off after a while? 

Edited by rachhere

12 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I was going to say the same. Seems to get out of the most impossible looking situations at times. Also has good vision with passing (doesn't always come off, but hey!). 

What's the deal with the buy back clause Man City have on him? Does it drop off after a while? 

In theory it should last until he signs another contract with us. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

In theory it should last until he signs another contract with us. 

That makes sense. So presumably at that point Man City decide if they want him back or not... Ah bargaining with the big boys - do you think they would have let us have a buy back clause on Mahrez if they had bought him?!

32 minutes ago, rachhere said:

From recollection the clause lasts for 3 or 4 years, and can be activated during any summer window. It will cost them 37.5m to buy him back, or 50m if we make CL.

Edited by brucey

6 minutes ago, rachhere said:

That makes sense. So presumably at that point Man City decide if they want him back or not... Ah bargaining with the big boys - do you think they would have let us have a buy back clause on Mahrez if they had bought him?!

Let's be honest, unless he turns in to the best striker in the world, he isn't going back. 

They can sign anyone almost literally. 

• Like 2

I must admit, as someone else pointed out, when you look at some of our squad on paper... Iheanacho, Chilwell, Gray, Diabate, Hamza, Ndidi, Maguire we do have a potentially very good spine of a team all of whom are yet to reach their prime.  I know this season has been a little depressing but I think the doom and gloom in terms of our future prospects has been OTT.

x

• Like 3

Looks fitter than he has for a while 

Still not sure how suited he is to play behind Vardy, but certainly doing his best there.

I think if we can keep him happy with enough game time over the next season or two, then he could be a natural successor to Vardy.

Still young and may not have the pace of Vardy (who does?!) but he is certainly a very accomplished finisher already. 

59 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Likewise...

Particularly enjoyed one moment last night when he ran directly at their defender, then juggled it between his 2 feet to wrong-foot their bloke, leaving the defender behind and giving himself a clear shot on goal.

One or two nice through passes for Vardy, too. He could go on to combine well with Vardy.

My main concern is what that does to our midfield against sides with 11 men that play a less open game than Arsenal.

If we want to play him with Vardy, we might need 3 in central midfield (with 3 at the back?) or wide players who have the technical skills, team awareness and work rate to move inside more.

Otherwise, we risk our midfield being closed down, choking off creativity - which has happened too much this season.

• Like 1

its took all season to realise him and vardy do actually work together I said this ages ago, I don't think Puel has given him the time granted he has had a few knocks but still there has been plenty of opportunities throughout the season 

Edited by whoareyaaa

He's starting to show more attributes required to play a withdrawn role behind Vardy. He pressed and dropped deep to upset the rythm of the opposition's midfield. He also got involved in a lot of dangerous attacks that weren't just from the result of winning the ball high up the pitch so it showed he can do both. Would love him to be a success here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's starting to show more attributes required to play a withdrawn role behind Vardy. He pressed and dropped deep to upset the rythm of the opposition's midfield. He also got involved in a lot of dangerous attacks that weren't just from the result of winning the ball high up the pitch so it showed he can do both. Would love him to be a success here.

Convinced he will be.

Most forget how young he is

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

He need a run of games, he has talent and a good skillset, but still doesn't look match fit.

I think with a good pre-season and a run of games he could be very good. 

One of my big criticism of Puel is he doesn't give players a proper run, one bad game you are dropped. 

I agree, only problem is the World Cup will probably ruin pre-season

14 minutes ago, thebluefox said:

I agree, only problem is the World Cup will probably ruin pre-season

I think the world cup will work in his favour as he will get games for Nigeria, I think he just needs game time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Let's be honest, unless he turns in to the best striker in the world, he isn't going back. 

They can sign anyone almost literally. 

It's unlikely but if he turns into a striker who can fetch more than £40 million over the next three years Man City could buy him back to sell him on rather than buy him back to get in their side.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

It's unlikely but if he turns into a striker who can fetch more than £40 million over the next three years Man City could buy him back to sell him on rather than buy him back to get in their side.

It'd have to be reasonably substantial profit to be worth their while you'd imagine. 

He's really starting to show his quality now. Looking forward to a full preseason where he's fit (although the world cup might put pay to that idea)

:blink: and then some. Ridiculous

Edited by dmayne7
  • Like 2