Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Iheanacho

1 hour ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

I’m not sure he’s being dismissive, just very honest. He’s stating the bleeding obvious, really: we’re only going to play with one ‘finisher’ type player, Vardy’s the best of those we’ve got, Nacho isn’t especially good in any other position, therefore he’s not going to get a look-in at the moment. 

Whether it was a good or brainless buy will depend on whether he hangs around long enough to get a true go at being the main man, I suppose. 

Yeah, perhaps dismissive was too strong a word. Just sounded like he doesnt have any idea about Nacho's future at the club

• Like 1

Agreed we should give him some game time in Vardys position and see what he can do for us.

Seemed to do ok for Nigeria and Man City and also looked ok when he first joined before he got injured.

He's a young player which if we can get involved will be a massive asset to us in the future and we will have an amazing crop of young talent in our first team. 

Gray

Iheanacho

Chilwell

Thomas

Ndidi

The future looks really bright the futures blue

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

I like being the person being covered at a bukake party. I do, I really do.

Wrong forum.

I remember when the mods here did a great job in banning people for things like this. Ahhh, they were good times. I banned everyone apart from Lil Dave. Yep, great times.

But Nacho - waste of space. “He can’t play wide”? Because that’s such a different job, kicking a ball near the edge instead of at the top of the pitch. Pop him in the January fire sale.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Id like to see him coming on at 80 mins regularly for Vardy.

In games where we’re winning perhaps. Vardy is so integral to the way we play that we lose all impetus when we take him off. If we were 1-0 down, chasing an equaliser and we took vardy off and replaced him with Iheanacho I’d have very little confidence in us to carve out a chance and get a draw. 

20 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I've not seen enough of Nacho in a position he can play in yet to make a decision in all honesty.

Me neither, but when did that prevent people from holding contrary opinions on FT?

• Like 1

I think Puel is going to be great for us. Not only is he installing his own brand of football with just the players he inherited but he also appears to know how to keep a squad balanced.

Looking back with hindsight we were quite reckless spending £70m on Musa, Slimani and Iheanacho when they were square pegs trying to fit in a round hole. It looks like previous managers just wanted these players because they were highly rated but they come here and can't displace Vardy and can't play with him either. Puel has already acknowledged that Iheanacho isn't as good as Vardy and can't play wide. As Tottenham have found out with Kane it's hard to get that player to replace him and can also fit elsewhere in the team so the team is giving him playing time.

I just like Puel's philosophy which I think will be to get rid of a lot of older squad players and replace in house wherever possible with the younger players who show potential. Our squad is imbalanced and he's identified that very quickly. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I've not seen enough of Nacho in a position he can play in yet to make a decision in all honesty.

Looks like it's the No 9 role or nothing?... 

Which isn't going to happen unless Vardy gets injured. 

Waste of money and demoralising for the guy! 

• Like 1

The idea of loaning Iheanacho out in Jan doesn't sound like a bad idea actually. To a team like Brighton or Newcastle. As long as Vardy is playing well he won't get a look in unfortunately.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Whilst he hasn't performed to a great level, I still personally believe we just haven't seen enough of him, he's not had enough regular minutes. I wouldn't loan him out as if vardy gets injured I believe he's still the best option to fill that role

I think anyone who has watched him has seen enough. Crazy to spend that sort of money on someone with no experience. Man City have had our pants down thats for sure

4 hours ago, Claridge said:

I think anyone who has watched him has seen enough. Crazy to spend that sort of money on someone with no experience. Man City have had our pants down thats for sure

Not denying we spent too much but there's no doubt he's better than what he's shown for us so far. His form for both man city and Nigeria proves that. On what we've seen from him so far in a Leicester shirt he doesn't deserve much game time but we really shouldn't be writing him off already, simply ridiculous 

Just read something where Puel hinted he could sell Kelechi in January. Surely that is ridiculously short sighted. Now we are starting to play football he coukd actually fit. Its all well and good saying we have 6 strikers but Ulloa is shit, Slim will leave and if Mahrez goes we are left with a real problem.

Under shakeys hoof ball he would never fit but surely he needs a chance in this system first 

Edited by Fox 4 Life

2 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Just read something where Puel hinted he could sell Kelechi in January. Surely that is ridiculously short sighted. Now we are starting to play football he coukd actually fit. Its all well and good saying we have 6 strikers but Ulloa is shit, Slim will leave and if Mahrez goes we are left with a real problem.

Under shakeys hoof ball he would never fit but surely he needs a chance in this system first 

Surely any player needs a run in the team, especially a striker.

We haven't seen much of him yet to get excited about and personally I think his main problem is that his shorts are too tight!

Edited by one F in Fox