Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Iheanacho

Don't understand people who say it's not working with him when he only features for 5 or 10 minutes, if anything our new 4-2-3-1 formation will play to his strengths far more than Vardys.

And truth be told as much as I love Vardy, we will eventually have to look at a method of playing which doesn't feature him.. silly to sell a hot prospect player when we haven't gave him a try in a formation which is ball on the floor and coming in deep.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

Iheanacho in his own words said his best position was as a No10. 

Maybe Puel begs to differ after watching him in training?

But there are different types of number 10, Okazaki is a number 10 but is hard working and defends from the front, Gray playing as a 10 will pick the ball up and run at the defence and fire in some long range shots, Ulloa as a 10 plays similar to Shinji, but slower and holds the ball up and brings the midfield into the game before getting into the box (this is peak Ulloa who is brilliant on his day and woeful when not). Other number 10s don't drop back and help the midfield, they are a number 9 that doesn't run as much, so take up space between opposition defence and midfield and shoot, or try and play in their partner, or make late runs into the box while the 9 draws the defence. I would say from what I have seen of Iheanacho at Man City is he is the latter. He doesn't chase lost balls, he doesn't drop into midfield, he takes up intelligent positions and makes late runs, and feeds off the number 9 but that relies on his team mates picking him out. Which is fine in Manchester, not so much in Leicester where you need to work harder off the ball and we are not as talented on the ball as De Bruyne an Davis Silva.

The other problem is the way we play to Vardy, it's quick over the top and get a shot away, this means there is nobody for Nacho to feed off and no time to take up an intelligent position in the box, by the time he gets in the box, Vardy has raced off and got a shot away. It is no surprise his best game was against Leeds in the EFL cup. He was partnering Big Slim, so we had a different approach, more hold up play and he was able to feed off Slim and not just watch him race off into the distance.

He was also clearly frustrated about his lack of time on the ball in his early games and tried to do too much with it, hopefully that is something that will change if he  gets a chance under Puel. If he is to be Vardy's back up then he needs some game time, especially as Vardy will need a rest over Christmas. I'm hoping he gets his chance to play as the main striker and thrives being fed by Mahrez, Gray, Albrighton and that we have an alternative to playing Vardyball, because JV is unique and we won't be able to replace him with a like for like player. 

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Other number 10s don't drop back and help the midfield, they are a number 9 that doesn't run as much, so take up space between opposition defence and midfield and shoot, or try and play in their partner, or make late runs into the box while the 9 draws the defence. I would say from what I have seen of Iheanacho at Man City is he is the latter. He doesn't chase lost balls, he doesn't drop into midfield, he takes up intelligent positions and makes late runs, and feeds off the number 9 but that relies on his team mates picking him out. Which is fine in Manchester, not so much in Leicester where you need to work harder off the ball and we are not as talented on the ball as De Bruyne an Davis Silva.

This is exactly Iheanacho. He's really more of a second striker than an out and out number 10. His game is more about positioning than pace or physicality or dribbling. When it comes to strikers he plays best with a target man that can draw defenders away from him.

I don't really see anything in his game. Not great hold up, not quick, not particularly clever with his movement, gets knocked off the ball easily and not strong in the air.

No doubt he can finish, but we need more out of our front players.

• Like 1

Sadly his first touch is not of a 25M international striker. Infact the goal we conceded was because his 1st touch knocked the ball about 5ft away from him. On another occasion he got behind the Man City defence but his 1st touch knocked the ball back to the defender. Laughable if he wasn't one of our players.

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

He needs to be coached out of that or sold. End of.

It genuinely is that simple. Either he puts in the graft and plays our way or he fooks off.

Im gutted to see the money we’ve wasted on strikers in recent years. Over 70 million quid on Nacho, Slim and Musa. It’s a fookin disgrace.

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It genuinely is that simple. Either he puts in the graft and plays our way or he fooks off.

Im gutted to see the money we’ve wasted on strikers in recent years. Over 70 million quid on Nacho, Slim and Musa. It’s a fookin disgrace.

They're all quality strikers who do NOT seem to fit in our style of play. Okazaki and Vardy are the best partnership we have but both of them are on the wrong side of 30. I hope that Musa and Iheanacho can step it up because I feel they'll be a great partnership if they adjust.

Edited by DrezZone

Just now, DrezZone said:

They're all quality strikers who do NOT seem to fit in our style of play. Okazaki and Vardy are the best partnership we have but both of them are on the wrong side of 30. I hope that Miss and Iheanacho can step it up because I feel they'll be a great partnership if they adjust.

Miss who ?? ...  Saigon ?  

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, DrezZone said:

They're all quality strikers who do NOT seem to fit in our style of play. Okazaki and Vardy are the best partnership we have but both of them are on the wrong side of 30. I hope that Miss and Iheanacho can step it up because I feel they'll be a great partnership if they adjust.

Bull shit

Top strikers fit into most styles of play, put in the effort and score goals.

Id rather have Dickov back here than any of these three. 

They are being paid a kings ransom to be here at City. Either they produce when they get the chance or they sod off. 

Nacho was a joke tonight in that first half.

A joke.

6 minutes ago, DrezZone said:

They're all quality strikers who do NOT seem to fit in our style of play. Okazaki and Vardy are the best partnership we have but both of them are on the wrong side of 30. I hope that Musa and Iheanacho can step it up because I feel they'll be a great partnership if they adjust.

Have you seen Musa's first touch? He is not quality at all.

He is bad ...... but so is slimani.

I wonder who is worse

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Elmer Fudkin needs to **** off back to Derby.... It really does lok like he came from there. Who is the biggest villain in leicesters history Elsom or Fudkin?