Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Iheanacho

I only caught the second half so cannot comment on his performance against City, but questions must surely be asked by management as to why so much money was spent on the guy given what return we have so far on the investment. His contribution this season has been non existent.

surprised with the reaction on here tbh, thought he looked alright, definitely was isolated a bit but caused a bit of danger. Feel bad for him, think he needs a loan personally. He moved from the Mancs to get game time and is probably getting less than what he was getting there. He's a young lad and he's not going to improve playing for our U23s and having the odd cup match every season accompanied by a 5 minute sub against Bournemouth.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Thankfully Puel is a clever type manager. 

He will likely bring in his type of players and I think Kelechi will fit right in. 

I didnt see tonight so not based on this game... but the above seems right, our current setup does not work for Kelechi, however our current setup cannot last and we are seeing the changes, it might take a year but i think KI will become a very important part of our side.

25 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Young player lauded as brilliant, comes to us and gets little game time, gets a match to prove himself whilst low on confidence, gets slated on FT. Where have I seen this before?????

To be fair, he gets slated because he deserves it.

Looks unfit and uninterested to me. Doesn't fight for the ball, shirks tackles, cost us the goal tonight. If he showed anything at all it would help. Looks like a massive waste of money. Hopefully he will come good, but I think we need to go back to buying cheap, hungry forwards with something to prove, not expensive misfits. 

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

surprised with the reaction on here tbh, thought he looked alright, definitely was isolated a bit but caused a bit of danger. Feel bad for him, think he needs a loan personally. He moved from the Mancs to get game time and is probably getting less than what he was getting there. He's a young lad and he's not going to improve playing for our U23s and having the odd cup match every season accompanied by a 5 minute sub against Bournemouth.

The reason I think we won’t consider a loan is because their are no guarantees that won’t go badly and we lose a lot of money.

If we sold him now we could recoup the majority of the money spent on him.

The sooner we realise that while Vardy is here, fit and scoring we shouldn’t spunk silly money on strikers the better.

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

The reason I think we won’t consider a loan is because their are no guarantees that won’t go badly and we lose a lot of money.

If we sold him now we could recoup the majority of the money spent on him.

The sooner we realise that while Vardy is here, fit and scoring we shouldn’t spunk silly money on strikers the better.

Yeah definitely agree with that, I understand the club's eagerness to have a Vardy replacement sorted before he loses his legs or retires but the extraordinary amount we've spent is ridiculous. Kelechi is probably the least stupid one mind, so we've got that at least.

There can be a mirad of different reasons why a player fails to perform to an expected standard (including that the player isn’t actually that good), but in terms of Nacho there are various factors that could point to why he’s struggling;

• The protracted transfer saga and injury meant he lost valuable pre-season time
  • I believe he’s been injured again since too - so obviously this has an impact on his fitness levels
  • But these factors have also effected his integration into the team and developing an understanding of the players in the squad and there’s understanding of him
  • We’ve sacked the manager that signed him - which has got to have a psychological impact
  • He’s come from a big club where he had a relatively comfortable position in terms of expectation - in that his personal ambition was at a lower bar (make the bench, enjoy minutes on the pitch / prove a point)
  • The big money move was about starting regularly - but when you haven’t been starting regularly as a young player you may not fully understand what’s it takes to do that 
  • Perhaps he felt and acted like billy big bollox for a while (or still is) - he is still young.

I suspect at least a few of these hold an element of truth. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

We’ve had some great strikers over the years. I liked watching an on form Matt Fryatt with his finishing, Dickov with his energy, to name but two.

To be calling the current crop ‘great strikers’ is almost insulting and is indicative of the periodic ridiculousness of this forum.

Nacho must drop the shitty attitude and either shape up or ship out. Musa just needs to go. He’s on an alleged 60 grand a week and it’s disgraceful of the club. And Slim has been the biggest let down of any City player in recent times imo. I thought he was going to be superb.

We could have and should have done much better. These aren’t ‘quality strikers’

Yes, Matty Fryatt is a 'greater' striker than Slimani. Arguing anything else is 'ridiculousness'. Oh Col you spoil us...

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Yes, Matty Fryatt is a 'greater' striker than Slimani. Arguing anything else is 'ridiculousness'. Oh Col you spoil us...

If you consider in the context of the teams they were playing in and how they performed for Leicester City, which I took what Col to mean, he’s got a point.

It wasn’t meant to be a comparison on skill level or overall career performance.

7 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Yeah definitely agree with that, I understand the club's eagerness to have a Vardy replacement sorted before he loses his legs or retires but the extraordinary amount we've spent is ridiculous. Kelechi is probably the least stupid one mind, so we've got that at least.

In theory it’s makes perfect sense to find his replacement however in reality if they are a worthy replacement they won’t sit on the bench.

Its crazy but I would say the striker we need a replacement for is Leo. Slimani wasn’t that and clearly not happy to warm the bench so we should sign someone who is or put up with Ulloa when we need to lump it up... or use Iborra.

4 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

If you consider in the context of the teams they were playing in and how they performed for Leicester City, which I took what Col to mean, he’s got a point.

It wasn’t meant to be a comparison on skill level or overall career performance.

Not saying Slimani hasn't been disappointing for us it was just such a random comparison, like obviously the guy that played for us in the PL and CL hasn't been quite as prolific as a guy who banged in 30 goals in in the third division. 

15 minutes ago, bovril said:

Not saying Slimani hasn't been disappointing for us it was just such a random comparison, like obviously the guy that played for us in the PL and CL hasn't been quite as prolific as a guy who banged in 30 goals in in the third division. 

But as mentioned, it wasn’t a direct comparison of skill level, the key term within Col’s point that illustrates his perspective was about liking to watch Fryatt and Dickov. 

Just being a high level player overall doesn’t make them a ‘great striker’ for us in terms of memory - the fact that Fryatt was a key part of that League One side and scored some iconic goals helps rank him well above Slim at present. You could even add Nuge, Steve Howard and maybe even MDV at this point based on the way Col put it, as absurd as that sounds.

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond

10 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

But as mentioned, it wasn’t a direct comparison of skill level, the key term within Col’s point that illustrates his perspective was about liking to watch Fryatt and Dickov. 

Just being a high level player overall doesn’t make them a ‘great striker’ for us in terms of memory - the fact that Fryatt was a key part of that League One side and scored some iconic goals helps rank him well above Slim at present. You could even add Nuge, Steve Howard and maybe even MDV at this point based on the way Col put it, as absurd as that sounds.

Steady on. 

7 hours ago, stevelcfc said:

Dreadful. Weak, lazy and unintelligent. 

An awful way to talk about Swan Lesta. If I were him I’d be offering you outside for that.

But sticking to the subject in hand, slap a January sales sticker on Nacho and stick him in the shop window. He’ll never work out here now.

Guest Col city fan
10 minutes ago, Daggers said:

An awful way to talk about Swan Lesta. If I were him I’d be offering you outside for that.

But sticking to the subject in hand, slap a January sales sticker on Nacho and stick him in the shop window. He’ll never work out here now.

lol

@Swan Lesta

Rather have Slim than Nacho.

Both are mardy and give away the ball in silly ways, but at least Slim puts in the effort on the pitch. Too bad we've probably outcasted Slim past the point of no return.

Leaves us with Vardy, Oka, Musa, Ulloa....

Eppiah looks like he can do a support striker role, gerrim and Thomas in.