Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs (H) 2-1 Post Match Thread

Best we've played for ages. Ndidi and Iborra - class. Morgan was immense. Vardy's energy is ridiculous and both goals were beauts. 

If Shinji can turn up every game, Riyad want it as much as today everyday, Chilwell works on his defending and Maguire stops his little Messi routine, we could be one hell of a team. 

• Like 3

Listened to Puel interview with Stringer, it seems like he actually understand the real Leicester City.  I would not be surprised if Appleton has not had a big hand in this. I genuinely feel we are about to go on a great run so long as he does not deviate from the style we played tonight.

We got lucky as Spurs failed to take their chances and I suspect they have their eye on a bigger prize, hence their league form.

Our second half performance was woeful once again and this surely can not be down to fatigue. We have played this style in the Championship (Saturday,midweek,Saturday) week in week out, we kept a good tempo winning the PL , so why are we so poor 2nd half (unless following Puel instructions). Every single game, we have given up the 2nd half then try to hold out for the win. I do not understand it and the sooner he stops this nonsense the better.

Looks like he has discovered what makes this bunch of players tick, sort out rolling over in the 2nd half and no reason why we shouldn't be looking at top 6.

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

Best we've played for ages. Ndidi and Iborra - class. Morgan was immense. Vardy's energy is ridiculous and both goals were beauts. 

If Shinji can turn up every game, Riyad want it as much as today everyday, Chilwell works on his defending and Maguire stops his little Messi routine, we could be one hell of a team. 

We should play like that against Burnley and Newcastle - then we might be looking at some more European nights.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Up to 9th and we should remain there until the weekend. Southampton are at Man City, Huddersfield at Arsenal and you wouldn't expect Bournemouth to beat Burnley by three goals tomorrow.

Spot on, plus if ee beat Burnley, we can create a small gap, from 13th position and under...Breathing space running through the

Festive period...If we can hold decent form , then in January our EOS targets could take on another perspective..

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Listened to Puel interview with Stringer, it seems like he actually understand the real Leicester City.  I would not be surprised if Appleton has not had a big hand in this. I genuinely feel we are about to go on a great run so long as he does not deviate from the style we played tonight.

We got lucky as Spurs failed to take their chances and I suspect they have their eye on a bigger prize, hence their league form.

Our second half performance was woeful once again and this surely can not be down to fatigue. We have played this style in the Championship (Saturday,midweek,Saturday) week in week out, we kept a good tempo winning the PL , so why are we so poor 2nd half (unless following Puel instructions). Every single game, we have given up the 2nd half then try to hold out for the win. I do not understand it and the sooner he stops this nonsense the better.

Looks like he has discovered what makes this bunch of players tick, sort out rolling over in the 2nd half and no reason why we shouldn't be looking at top 6.

I was a massive Appleton doubter (I just don't trust anyone who spends so much time on their body). But it looks like a good team again - manager - coach and players. Our ground staff aren't allowed to show off any more - but they still rock. I feel like we are back - Europe here we come.

• Haha 1

Ok, I've made the mistake of delving into the CockSvckers forum and I've got it on me now!

But this 1882 guy really is such a dishonest, disingenuous imbecile. He seems to think that us finishing 11 points clear of them to win the title was controversial and somehow has made a bizarre, alternate reality style case that we forever deserve to be punished for it!??
---------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm not gonna lie... I ain't in the mood for not winning tonight.
Last season's 6-1 wasn't 'revenge' for the season before... it wasn't even close!

At best it was what we shoulda been DOING to them the season before...

it wIt didn't make up for it... it as like offereing paracetamol to a decapitated man... it didn't even touch the surface of the pain they'd inflicted the year before....

Tonight is merely a continuation of the retribution we owe them... and their happy clappy-flappy fans who apparently now hate us too...
Well cuntos.... the feeling is mutual!

TONIGHT.... WE GO FOX HUNTING!"
-----------------------------------------------------------

Just what the hell is he talking about "the pain they inflicted on us."??? We finished 11 points clear of you and prior to that, you never put it into your own hands??!!

Hello! Pain is when you fvck it up like United did when they were 8 points clear with 6 games to go only for Man City to win it on goal difference on the final day. And if "it was'nt even close", then just how could we have inflicted pain on them in the first place?!!!

Oh, and how dare we hate them for hating us for winning the league and keeping it in our own hands for the majority of the season FFS?!!! I said earlier to a Spurs fan that I'm loathe to blanket them all.. But this guy really does sum up the lack of integrity in many of the Fighting Cock members...

Edited by Kendal Fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

We were not woeful second half, we just changed tactics to manage the remainder of the game. We did ok, letting Spurs huff and puff outside our box, the centre halves would have loved that game keeping out everything the Spuds could throw at them.

Haven't seen Kane's goal on the box, just back from the pub, but from SK2 looked offside to me; if so Puel's tactics worked.

Also we need points on the board so we can have a real go at the Cups and not be looking over our shoulder at the league position. 

Personally less chest pains pains than normal last 15 minutes, especially when Spuds brought on Donkey Llorente who the word woeful really suits.

Well done Leicester for a hard fought but deserved victory, don't forget Okazaki and Vardy messed up gilt edges second half chances, which should have given us a 3-0 lead. 

15 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I was a massive Appleton doubter (I just don't trust anyone who spends so much time on their body). But it looks like a good team again - manager - coach and players. Our ground staff aren't allowed to show off any more - but they still rock. I feel like we are back - Europe here we come.

lollollollol

I'm actually with you on that by the way.

52 minutes ago, sdb said:

You got it wrong , Maguire isnt Messi, but the mesiah...

Plus it was his surge forward that created thec1st goal, so wadda yu wanna...

We've had some good 20/30 minute spells so far under Puel but that first half performance was as good as I've seen us play in a long time and you could really see the impact Puel has already made - helped tbf by Iborra's performance.

Of course Spurs were always going to push us in the second half, but I thought we held up pretty well most of the time and still created some decent scoring opportunities of our own.  A bit too much aimlessly hoofing it up the pitch, but hey its a work in progress.  If that was a glimpse of the future - bring it on!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Our second half performance was woeful once again and this surely can not be down to fatigue. We have played this style in the Championship (Saturday,midweek,Saturday) week in week out, we kept a good tempo winning the PL , so why are we so poor 2nd half (unless following Puel instructions). Every single game, we have given up the 2nd half then try to hold out for the win. I do not understand it.

We spent many a game in 2015/2016 clinging on to a one goal lead. 

We became masters of time wasting.

I think there was at least one game where we started wasting time after about 35 minutes. lol

We are carrying on a proud tradition of  clinging on to a lead for dear life towards the end of games and giving us all palpitations.

• Like 1

First half we were excellent. Some one touch stuff from Maguire, Iborra & Mahrez left Spurs chasing shadows. 

It was exactly the way we should play. 

To be fair the whole team looked relaxed and comfortable on the ball in that first half. If we can continue to play like that against teams at home then I can't see many teams coming here and taking anything away.

Second half was not so good. Defending deep for long periods but we just about did what was needed. Reverted back to hopeless hoofs for Vardy to chase too which was annoying to see. 

4 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Nah. 

Delighted we won but that second half was dogshit from an honest, objective point of view. We were clinging on.

Intelligent managers would see that our strength is being on the front foot. And they’d also try and drive home the momentum when we’re in control of the game.

Trying to get us to do something we aren’t good at (I.e. defending deep) is poor management.

You need to look at common themes in our performances. You can’t just point at one result and say he’s genius.

8 time’s out of 10 the ball falls badly for us, Spurs take one of their chances, and we don’t win.

The percentages are against us if we play like the 2nd half.

I don’t know why people can’t be objective after a win. It’s not always amazing management, even Shakey won the odd game.

I’ll be slated for being negative yet during the 2nd half everyone was as up tight as I was. Why? Because it looked likely we would concede at least once. Again. That tells you all you need to know.

And don’t blame me, a post like this wouldn’t be necessary if people didn’t try to use everything that happens in a Leicester match as something to reinforce their agenda.

Great win, very bewildering and concerning second half tactics.

I agree with this. However when we press and play on the front foot we use up a hell of a lot of energy. I don't think it's really possible to keep that high a level of intensity up for a whole game, particularly without a freak like Kante in the middle. I just feel Puel needs to find the right balance...Knowing when to sit off and when to press. I doubt he wanted them to sit back as much they did but the players just seemed happy to do it as Spurs grew in urgency. Makes it agonising to watch.

Great game, fantastic goals, no win tastes better than win over Spuds :D Some brilliant performances from the lads. Vince was immense. Ndidi, Albrighton, Vards, Chills, Wes, Mahrez (a bit too selfish as usual but can't argue with that goal)... I hope CP will understand now how important Shinji is for the team, he was sorely missed when he wasn't starting recently.

I've got to give credit to Puel for the first half. We were excelllent and played some very good stuff, tried to keep the ball better and scored two fine goals. But what does he say to them at half time?

We got away with it yesterday due to some excellent defending  but mainly because they missed some gilt edged chances and I need to have a look at their penalty claim again. We simply can't sit off sides like that and expect to keep on getting results. Once again Vardy was isolated, usually 30-50 yards away from any other Leicester player. Apart from a couple of break aways we were so negative in the second half.

Still at the moment the result is everything. Need to back this up with a win against Burnley which will not be easy.

Nice to see  a manager who gives young players a chance.