Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs (H) 2-1 Post Match Thread

Guest Col city fan
18 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Encouraging signs from Puel that he might be starting to strike a better balance between caution and attack. Still thought bring on Choudhury was a bit bizarre when Amartey was on the bench, but pleased for the lad.

Reverted to type a bit in the last 15, but what a result!

It's looking like he doesn't rate Amartey very much isn't it?

Ring any bells?

Turns out they're no Spuds, they are ****ing LEMONS !!! 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mauricio-pochettino-tottenham-new-book-11418617

"Take his desk, for example. On it, he keeps a tray of lemons. Why? Because he read they absorb negative energy. Every day when he turns on his car, he lets the engine run for 10 minutes before driving off. Unlike the lemons, there doesn't seem to be any reason for this."

I reckon at this rate soon there won't be any lemons to buy in London... Also we finally know who's to blame for the air pollution

8 hours ago, Redouane said:

They dominated the game though, but thanks to a bit of luck and individual performances, we got the win.

Yes they did and puel has got to realise he can't keep camping us on the 18 yard line because we scored. We're so much better playing on the front foot. Some of the football we played early on was sublime. Shouldn't have changed that.

• Like 1

The second half wasn't all bad. There was one point when we broke up their attacking move and played it out of defence, through the midfield, to create a half decent chance. Puel has this team, that used to hoof long balls that Vardy couldn't hope to win, playing with an intelligent passing style, not afraid to take risks, and working together. He's achieving this with players he inherited. We have every reason to be optimistic. 

The media really annoy me at times, the BBC article headline is something along the lines of 'spurs miss a host of chances as Leicester hold on' 

What about the chances we missed? Vardy though on goal, Morgan header etc. 

Anyways what a win yesterday, time to build on that and get a win against a stubborn Burnley side. I like how Puel puts a team out depending on who we play. I expect a few changes for the game even though we won last night. 

Edited by hejammy

28 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

The second half wasn't all bad. There was one point when we broke up their attacking move and played it out of defence, through the midfield, to create a half decent chance. Puel has this team, that used to hoof long balls that Vardy couldn't hope to win, playing with an intelligent passing style, not afraid to take risks, and working together. He's achieving this with players he inherited. We have every reason to be optimistic. 

But until we lost our way in the second season under Claudio, we have played like that since our championship days (i.e. when we won the champ to get into the prem)

It's the negative approach/ fear of losing that seemed to stop us from committing on the counter and as confidence dropped we fell deeper and deeper to defend. I'm so glad that we are finally going at teams again, after all, we feared and changed for no one in the year we won the title. 

We must play our own style and force others to adapt to us. Not the other way around. High pressure, fast paced counters after soaking up attacks through pressing the ball aggressively is our style, and we must now be brave and continue to develop this squad back to doing it every game. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Right, all you feckers who have been giving Puel a hard time.

Stop and look what he's doing. If you REALLY looked, you'd be seeing he's trying to make us much harder to beat.

Good on him.

Brilliant win tonight. Fifty quid in my sky.

Thanks for the heads-up on the price, Col - I owe you a pint, mate. 

Best game for ages. 

Got home from work last night, my son didn't fancy it, and to be perfectly honest neither did I fancy watching Kane spank us again so we were all set not to go. Then, at the last minute I said "come on mate, lets get ready and go - I've got a feeling we;ll regret it if we don't"

Good decision for once!

• Like 2

Its probably been said already, but how good was Okazaki yesterday? So tidy with the quick one touch passing and the triangles.  I dont think he lost possession once.  Worked really well in Puel's new tactics, I didnt really expect him to do so well in such a style.

Just noticed how brilliant Iborra is yesterday, except for effing up our counter attack in the last few minutes.

For the first time since he left we actually have a strong midfield.

I think Mahrez best bet is to remain with us whole-heartedly.  I actually think we're the best team for him to be, he only thinks that he should be elsewhere.  If he committed in his mind to us and getting us into Europe and more success.....

... but he wont :(

First half was the best I’ve seen since the title winning season, we looked pretty damn good! Each game we seem to be getting a little bit better.. it’s nice to see us playing a bit of football too, because we’re well capable of it.

It’s tough to pick a MOTM but N’didi and Iborra were absolute class. Dare I say we won the midfield battle, thus winning the game. N’didi is starting to look like the player everyone was hoping for, and at such a young age too, the kid has a ****ing massive future! 

Really pleased sonce Puel came in, he clearly wants the job and look what happened last time we gave it to someone genuinely interested!

And finally, hats off to him bringing on Hamza, clearly wants to give youth a chance, so bravo!