Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs (H) 2-1 Post Match Thread

Guest Col city fan
46 minutes ago, Buce said:

Thanks for the heads-up on the price, Col - I owe you a pint, mate. 

No probs Bucey mi old son. Just looked value to me and fortunately proved to be so.

7 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Oh, Christ not the bloody race card again. thought we had waved goodbye to all that PC crap. It's so passe.

Sorry to bore you, Bunyip. There are so many other (derogatory) terms one could use, which I don't mind, even if it's a bit juvenile, so why pick one that is racially laden? It smacks of lack of education and ignorance and trivialises racist terms. You might have a laissez-faire attitude to it, but it doesn't require a great deal of care and effort to avoid these terms.

Aaaanyway, back to the game. Iborra was a monster! He didn't misplace a single short pass, did he? And Ndidi uses his body ever so well. It looks clumsy at times, but I just think he's got amazing balance and nearly always puts in a fair challenge. That's another thing, I'm pleased we have honest, hard-working players in midfield who don't need to be dirty. It's the next best thing to having Kanté in there!

Edited by shen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

The media really annoy me at times, the BBC article headline is something along the lines of 'spurs miss a host of chances as Leicester hold on' 

What about the chances we missed? Vardy though on goal, Morgan header etc. 

Anyways what a win yesterday, time to build on that and get a win against a stubborn Burnley side. I like how Puel puts a team out depending on who we play. I expect a few changes for the game even though we won last night. 

Yes... the truth us they chased the game in the second half     they had a lot of wuality on the bench and seenrd with 5 up front.  So we were under the cosh.  But the updide of this was tgat we git more chabces on the break and voukd easily gave score atleast one.

We need a deeper squad with such quality 

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Yes... the truth us they chased the game in the second half     they had a lot of wuality on the bench and seenrd with 5 up front.  So we were under the cosh.  But the updide of this was tgat we git more chabces on the break and voukd easily gave score atleast one.

lol

Get your spellchecker on mi son...

First half we were immense. Aside from the Sissoko chance (which he should have buried) we absolutely bossed them and were well worthy of the lead at half time. 

Second half was a clear change of plan and it was uncomfortable viewing as we sat deep and invited Spurs on to us similar to how we played second half at the London Stadium. Whilst I found it difficult to watch, there were lots of positives to take from that second half. 

Firstly, we are starting to defend much better as a unit, and maintain a better shape when pressed. We limited Tottenham to only a handful of good clear cut chances (Kane's goal being one of them, and Llorente's miss which the linesman had flagged for offside anyway) against a team that are capable of carving the very best sides in Europe wide open with tight incisive passing. 

To some extent, the tactics second half were similar to Huddersfield's against Man City at the weekend, i.e. Play in one half to reduce the size of the pitch to avoid being stretched and conserve energy. Whilst still work in progress (we need a better out ball) it was an example of excellent game management. Admittedly we won't be able to play like that every week as we'll need to establish a lead first but we'll definitely reap the benefits later in the season when other teams are running out of steam and we still have gas in the tank because we've managed our workload over the duration of the season. 

Finally, a special mention has to go to Iborra for last night's performance. He was easily the best player on the pitch, and is looking better and better every game. 

Overall what a result and I'm really looking forward to our game against Burnley on Saturday and seeing how we perform against a different style of play. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, shen said:

Sorry to bore you, Bunyip. There are so many other (derogatory) terms one could use, which I don't mind, even if it's a bit juvenile, so why pick one that is racially laden? It smacks of lack of education and ignorance and trivialises racist terms. You might have a laissez-faire attitude to it, but it doesn't require a great deal of care and effort to avoid these terms.

Aaaanyway, back to the game. Iborra was a monster! He didn't misplace a single short pass, did he? And Ndidi uses his body ever so well. It looks clumsy at times, but I just think he's got amazing balance and nearly always puts in a fair challenge. That's another thing, I'm pleased we have honest, hard-working players in midfield who don't need to be dirty. It's the next best thing to having Kanté in there!

You are probably confused about your gender ( it's the latest idiot fad ) Sop feeling you somehow have to " educate " people most of us don't give a fvck what you think.

• Like 2

Big smile on my face for the next few days.... , v. spurs is always the game I want to win most in the league. Puel must go that's 4 games running now where a goal has gone in just around the half time whistle....oh.....hang on....lol How nice to see both Vardy and Mahrez with a great goal each, the defence was magnificent. Difficult to pick a man of the match, but Iborra just shades it over Ndidi and Albrighton.

Edited by norwichfox
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

You are probably confused about your gender ( it's the latest idiot fad ) Sop feeling you somehow have to " educate " people most of us don't give a fvck what you think.

Trust you to make it personal. Direct your ire elsewhere, turn it into something more useful.

Like, maybe you would like to share your opinion of the game instead...?

59 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Stanley Unwin? :)

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, shen said:

Trust you to make it personal. Direct your ire elsewhere, turn it into something more useful.

You started deviating away from the topic with the tedious race mantra ?

Just now, Bunyip said:

I didn't use the term in the first place. Ironically it's quite tedious how you keep harping on about it trying to make me look like the offender here.

I invite you to speak about the game, because I realise your only goal on the above matter is to try to get under my skin.

What a night. Had seats in SK4 near the back for this one, exactly the same seat I sat in for the Man City game. It was broken then so I thought they'd have fixed it in time for last night, however it was still a bit wonky so I had a chat with a steward about it and thinking they'd send someone up with a spanner to screw the bolts back in. He said we could sit in different seats though so we ended up sitting where the disabled people sit and were right next to Kasper's goal in the first half as close to the pitch as you can get (except for the ball boys).

Absolutely brilliant view, I've been to several hundred Leicester games during my life and although sat amongst the front rows I've never sat waist height of the players. What really struck me was how fast the game is, you really get a much better perception of that than sitting up in the stands. 

It's not just the speed of play physically, it's the mental speed of thought, it's just so quick now Premier League football is and it's extremely impressive.

The game itself: massive result, two superb goals, brilliant performance, obviously tired a bit in the second half but it's obvious this will be worked on. The level of intensity in the first half and that speed of play must be hard to keep up for a full 90 - until the lads get used to it more. And it's so good to see us keeping the ball on the ground passing it around. I think Puel is trying to combine fast, fluid passing football whilst still retaining that deadly counter attacking style of ours and it's a joy to watch. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Whilst you're entitled to your opinion, I'm not sure you're qualified to speak for 'most of us'...

1 hour ago, shen said:

19 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

My mistake. I meant the general populous not on this site. 

18 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Come on, ladies, this is a thread about the City v Spurs game ;)

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Its probably been said already, but how good was Okazaki yesterday? So tidy with the quick one touch passing and the triangles.  I dont think he lost possession once.  Worked really well in Puel's new tactics, I didnt really expect him to do so well in such a style.

Just noticed how brilliant Iborra is yesterday, except for effing up our counter attack in the last few minutes.

For the first time since he left we actually have a strong midfield.

I think Mahrez best bet is to remain with us whole-heartedly.  I actually think we're the best team for him to be, he only thinks that he should be elsewhere.  If he committed in his mind to us and getting us into Europe and more success.....

... but he wont :(

Well, according to the stadium tour guide, Mahrez is in the process of purchasing one of the boxes for £25k, so unless he's going for a bit of on the side ticket touting he's probably staying. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

I love that just as when you think Albrighton is going to be fazed out, he plays an absolute blinder to put him firmly back in the managers thoughts, fair play to him.

Is there a player in the league that is more of a model pro than Albrighton? Brilliant attitude, will run himself into the ground for the team, play any position, always tries his best. Earlier in the season he was off form, but responds to being dropped by working hard and is rewarded with a start and provides a goal and assist in consecutive matches. Fantastic performance from him last night. You just get that feeling that if you knew him in real life, you couldn't help but like him.

Okazaki is another one with similar qualities. You can try to replace these players but they are stubborn and won't give up their spots. Maximum respect for the pair of them.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Well, according to the stadium tour guide, Mahrez is in the process of purchasing one of the boxes for £25k, so unless he's going for a bit of on the side ticket touting he's probably staying. 

Putting his goal last night to one side, I thought he seemed to gel more with the team last night.  I know he was quiet, but he was receiving and releasing the ball more quickly, as they all were, as Puel has told them to.

Its possible he could really be happy to stay here as stated, perhaps reassured that we are moving into a style that suits him more and that we are capable of.

31 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

That's about what it costs to hire the box for one season....

42 minutes ago, shen said:

I didn't use the term in the first place. Ironically it's quite tedious how you keep harping on about it trying to make me look like the offender here.

I invite you to speak about the game, because I realise your only goal on the above matter is to try to get under my skin.

Did it work then?