Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs (H) 2-1 Post Match Thread

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Mahrez wanted to join a club to win further silverware..... That totally rules out Bottlingham Hotspur! 

Spurs is the last club he'd join then, they hate winning trophies. Think it's cause it makes the game too materialistic. They are obviously the best club in the country if you look at the very select statistics their fans wheel out at every opportunity (which funnily enough are never "points accumulated")

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Kept saying they are a better team, should have won because they are a better team, better team, better players blah blah blah, just sounded like he was trying to wind someone up and was annoyed lol 

He can keep tell it to himself until the end of the season. It won't change anything. They've bottled it (as always) and won't even finish on the podium. Glad we helped. Never really had any resentment against this lot, but now I do. 

8 hours ago, footballandmusic said:

18 shots to our 7.

Actually shows they are worse and less efficient /skillful  than us. If you are going to have a shot, make it worthwhile. Spurs were dire for most of the game, they were lucky to actually score. It's ok being superior in the middle third of the pitch, but no real end result in the opposition box was a Spuds theme all evening. They did make chances, mainly from our errors, but we also had two great chances to go 3-0 up. 

Don't make out Spurs were that much better, possession doesn't equal superiority, GOALS do. Thought City managed the second half quite well, I don't need to be entertained if we win.

Spurs are are clearly going backwards, they peaked in 2015/16; unfortunately for them there was a team around who collected roughly 20% more points than them and played like a team of champions. Whilst they have spoilt brats like Ali in their team, they won't win anything until he realises you have to work for success. 

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Spurs is the last club he'd join then, they hate winning trophies. Think it's cause it makes the game too materialistic. They are obviously the best club in the country if you look at the very select statistics their fans wheel out at every opportunity (which funnily enough are never "points accumulated")

I'm pretty sure they wheeled out "total points accumulated over 2 seasons" at the end of last season..

15 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

You claim to be able to speak for the general populace? 

An observational claim I'll grant you. But there is an unmistakable swing against PC culture, you need to get out a bit more. Or better still start another post where it can be discussed in detail. Let's leave this page on the topic it was designed for. I'm guilty of deviating and apologise for that.

Edited by Bunyip

17 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

'A term used to describe extremist liberals that get offended by every statement and/or belief that doesn't exactly match their own. These individuals think they are just as "unique" as snowflakes'...

That might be correct but it's been hijacked by right wing sympathisers allowing them to call anyone who doesn't agree with their racism and bigotry 'snowflakes'.

Therefore using the term associates you with the trump following, breitbart reading Britain First section of society. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Bunyip said:

An observational claim I'll grant you. But there is an unmistakable swing against PC culture, you need to get out a bit more. Or better still start another post where it can be discussed in detail. Let's leave this page on the topic it was designed for. I'm guilty of deviating and apologise for that.

Oddly, I get out every day. Once again, there is a difference between PC (which I despise largely, believe it or not) and common decency, which should have nothing to do with PC. I'm afraid that PC is yet another lazily over used put down, like liberal, snowflake etc

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Oddly, I get out every day. Once again, there is a difference between PC (which I despise largely, believe it or not) and common decency, which should have nothing to do with PC. I'm afraid that PC is yet another lazily over used put down, like liberal, snowflake etc

Yes, I believe you. Excellent reply and I get your points.I used the words P.C mainly because most people would readily understand it's meaning. I agree with commonn decency, also known as empathy, but I also believe in common sense. my comment about getting out more was tongue in cheek, but I realise that not knowing me or my sense of humour left it somewhat hamstrung. Apology for that. 

• Like 1

On 28/11/2017 at 22:04, foxfanazer said:

The reaction on here to the Choudhury substitution was disappointing. Managers should be applauded for showing faith in the youth. 

Im all for giving youth a chance and we need them to be striving and competing for a starting berth.

However, all this talk of what a good decision it was flies in the face of his performance when he came on.

He did absolutely nothing other than stand still watching Spurs pass the ball around. 

Did he make a tackle? 

Did he ‘put himself about’? 

Did he get the ball and retain possession?

I just don’t understand why people are raving about his performance notwithstanding the sentiment to bring him on in the first place.

Surely we of all people, here on a forum should be able to say it as we see it, without resorting to Mercuryesque propaganda? 

13 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Im all for giving youth a chance and we need them to be striving and competing for a starting berth.

However, all this talk of what a good decision it was flies in the face of his performance when he came on.

He did absolutely nothing other than stand still watching Spurs pass the ball around. 

Did he make a tackle? 

I just don’t understand why people are raving about his performance notwithstanding the sentiment to bring him on in the first place.

Surely we of all people, here on a forum should be able to say it as we see it, without resorting to Mercuryesque propaganda? 

I didn’t comment on his performance. What I meant was the reaction at the time of him coming on. Everyone was making out Puel had lost the plot. He clearly wanted to pack the midfield and Choudhury’s a midfielder. Just thought it was a bit OTT

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Did he make a tackle? 

He put a foot in to stop Kane coming forward on an attack and made a couple other tackles as well as a few passes to help retain the ball.

For the lad's debut, in the last 10 minutes under the cosh it was a good performance. People are going to be happy for him when a local lad and academy product does a decent job on his debut.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Did he make a tackle? 

He tackled 3 season wonder Kane, put himself about reasonably well and helped ease us to victory in those 10+ tumultuous minutes. 

What did you expect him to do? Spend 10 minutes "Kante-ing" a top 6 side then score a wonder goal from the halfway line with his wonderful hair?

Stop looking for negatives and give the 20-year-old debutant a bit of flak for being thrown into the lion's den in a ballsy move by our new manager for his precious first few minutes of professional football at the highest level.

Plus, he's got the best afro we've ever had at Leicester City. Give him a break!

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

He tackled 3 season wonder Kane, put himself about reasonably well and helped ease us to victory in those 10+ tumultuous minutes. 

What did you expect him to do? Spend 10 minutes "Kante-ing" a top 6 side then score a wonder goal from the halfway line with his wonderful hair?

Stop looking for negatives and give the 20-year-old debutant a bit of flak for being thrown into the lion's den in a ballsy move by our new manager for his precious first few minutes of professional football at the highest level.

Plus, he's got the best afro we've ever had at Leicester City. Give him a break!

Fair enough.

I must have blinking on every occasion he made those tackles then.

Again I’m at liberty to say he was shit if I think so; it’s not as if I’m saying to his face and destroying his confidence! 

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

Bringing Choudhury on was a very brave move and that is what I like about CP ..   not scared to experiment and do what he thinks is best.  CP has been to all the games that Choudhury has played in and actually makes his own mind up ..  not sure other managers would have done that (as in go to all the games).  Credit where its due. 

We good have easily lost that game ..  but we didn't ...   pretty obvious point but very very important.  He keeps saying there is a lot to do but we can only make progress slowly ...    I'm impressed.

Edited by Countryfox
Wibble wobble