Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs (H) 2-1 Post Match Thread

9 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

He tackled 3 season wonder Kane, put himself about reasonably well and helped ease us to victory in those 10+ tumultuous minutes. 

What did you expect him to do? Spend 10 minutes "Kante-ing" a top 6 side then score a wonder goal from the halfway line with his wonderful hair?

Stop looking for negatives and give the 20-year-old debutant a bit of flak for being thrown into the lion's den in a ballsy move by our new manager for his precious first few minutes of professional football at the highest level.

Plus, he's got the best afro we've ever had at Leicester City. Give him a break!

We can agree on the hairdo at least. 

2 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Fair enough.

I must have blinking on every occasion he made those tackles then.

My stream was down for the whole of the second half so I'm just relying on other people for that.

Plus I was spoiling for an argument. Leave me alone I'm only human.

:revenge:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

We can agree on the hairdo at least. 

Just needs to thicken it up a bit more and I reckon he could easily cushion the ball up there and run down the pitch with it nestling on top ...   very hard to tackle I would imagine ...   :)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Oddly, I get out every day. Once again, there is a difference between PC (which I despise largely, believe it or not) and common decency, which should have nothing to do with PC. I'm afraid that PC is yet another lazily over used put down, like liberal, snowflake etc

I love my PC.. Way better than an Xbox for gaming :D 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Yes, I believe you. Excellent reply and I get your points.I used the words P.C mainly because most people would readily understand it's meaning. I agree with commonn decency, also known as empathy, but I also believe in common sense. my comment about getting out more was tongue in cheek, but I realise that not knowing me or my sense of humour left it somewhat hamstrung. Apology for that. 

All apologies accepted, of course - the irony being that because you apologised, you proved you had no need to do so :)

It is difficult to communicate well online, particularly when there is a difference of opinion, but you've shown a lot of grace, and realised I wasn't attacking you - you've gained an awful lot of respect from me for that alone.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Fair enough.

I must have blinking on every occasion he made those tackles then.

Again I’m at liberty to say he was shit if I think so; it’s not as if I’m saying to his face and destroying his confidence! 

Christmas must be great round your place....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

All apologies accepted, of course - the irony being that because you apologised, you proved you had no need to do so :)

It is difficult to communicate well online, particularly when there is a difference of opinion, but you've shown a lot of grace, and realised I wasn't attacking you - you've gained an awful lot of respect from me for that alone.

You can get a cheap room at the Premier Inn at the moment ...    

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, french flair said:

Premium article.

If anyone on FoxesTalk is subscribed to this French publication could copy and paste the article that would be lovely

Just wanted to thank the team for bringing me the Christmas present I want every year. This time it was on November 28th 2017. There is no better gift for me than seeing our boys beat Tottenham. Watching their smug faces slowly shift from hubris and braggadocio to despair and shame was absolutely brilliant. Same again next year please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1