Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs (H) 2-1 Post Match Thread

9 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

The subs helped us close out that match and changed the complexion of the last 10 minutes. Congrats to Hamza on making his PL debut; I thought he did well in his limited time on the pitch.

Really?

not sure what chaudry added, last the ball a few times

1 minute ago, GloverFox said:

... more importantly though, it shuts the bloody Tottingham lot at work up tomorrow ... bliss, actually looking forward to going into work in the morning now!!!

Fortunately, I work in the evening with a number of spuds fans down here in the South. I had the privilege of abusing them continually when we were 2-0 up. Heard their goal on the way home, came in to the final whistle and now I can abuse them all over again tomorrow regarding the final score. Bliss.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Haven't seen the game so getting my information from the forum and the sky updates. Great to win, especially versus the Spuds. But why are we Jekyll and Hyde at the moment with huge differences between our opening 30-45 and the second half essentailly. Puel will need to address that including his own management.

Just now, ALC Fox said:

2-1 down and under the cosh. Puel brings on youth product Hamza Choudhury for his PL debut. Who said this manager was boring?

I 100% agree. It's great beating Spurs (of course it is - of all teams) - but that sub gave me so much joy.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Nah. 

Delighted we won but that second half was dogshit from an honest, objective point of view. We were clinging on.

Intelligent managers would see that our strength is being on the front foot. And they’d also try and drive home the momentum when we’re in control of the game.

Trying to get us to do something we aren’t good at (I.e. defending deep) is poor management.

You need to look at common themes in our performances. You can’t just point at one result and say he’s genius.

8 time’s out of 10 the ball falls badly for us, Spurs take one of their chances, and we don’t win.

The percentages are against us if we play like the 2nd half.

I don’t know why people can’t be objective after a win. It’s not always amazing management, even Shakey won the odd game.

I’ll be slated for being negative yet during the 2nd half everyone was as up tight as I was. Why? Because it looked likely we would concede at least once. Again. That tells you all you need to know.

And don’t blame me, a post like this wouldn’t be necessary if people didn’t try to use everything that happens in a Leicester match as something to reinforce their agenda.

Great win, very bewildering and concerning second half tactics.

We was only clinging on when they scored really, other than that we matched them if not had the better of them and was in control until there goal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I wish it was but did they not draw 1-1 on Saturday?.....sorry to be "that" person ?

True enough, my bad.  It will be hard to bring myself to edit that, though, it was so beautiful ...

• Haha 1

Fantastic first half, it was like watching the title winning Leicester again. Some of the one touch passing was brilliant.

Second half not so good. Still created chances which is great, but the game management wasn't quite there and towards the end we looked wreckless. Spurs had two absolute sitters so we've been fortunate in that respect to come away with the points.

I think there are still areas for concern but overall we are slowly improving - the difference in our passing when it has been good is huge.

Iborra is a class act, he just oozes quality. Big game from Wilf too and Wes was mighty. Riyad looked better and is showing more and more glimpses of the player we know he can be. 

Bringing on Hamza was a bit bonkers but I think the key is that it shows positivity and a belief in giving young players the chance - which in my book is a plus.

We are improving and with a bit of time I think we will start to see some consistency.

Lovely to beat the spuds too, but lets not go overboard. 

Edited by ajthefox
  • Like 3

Agreed we need to sort out the second half performances. One thing I will say is that it's probably normal to be under that amount of pressure while leading against a team like Spurs in the position. But there is a pattern emerging. We'll get it right. The French Tinkerman is putting the pieces of the puzzle together.

I thought that Pottychinos comments at the weekend were sensible to take the pressure off his players, without those words tonights game would have been called "must win". However you dress it up though they've just lost their "Must Win" so maybe it backfired. But enough about them, how good were we against such hyped quality players, how promising is the rest of the season, Burnley will be a completely different test but let's not waste tonights good work, stick em in that chiller for a few days and then be ready to go again on Saturday. "We are quality, I said we are qual-i-ty"!