Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs (H) 2-1 Post Match Thread

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Right, all you feckers who have been giving Puel a hard time.

Stop and look what he's doing. If you REALLY looked, you'd be seeing he's trying to make us much harder to beat.

Good on him.

Brilliant win tonight. Fifty quid in my sky.

Tbf we played completely differently tonight to previous Puel games. Tonight we played on the counter like the good old days, high pressure and direct passing, it worked, previous games we've failed miserably to play a possession game. 

We need to go for it like that every game, no matter if it's home or away or what team we're playing. 

Make teams fear us and our counters, rather than changing for other teams. 

Credit where it's due, tsctics and personnel were spot on tonight and fair play with the subs too. Huge risk bringing Choudhury on, but his energy was pivotal in us winning the ball back quickly. Excellent result!!!

• Like 4

A few observations:

Mahrez: someone obviously told him to pass the ball today much quicker passing and moving meant they couldn't swamp him out the game.

Chilwell vs Fuchs: Some amazing forward runs from Chilly B but I would have rather had Fuchs on for the last half an hour. Needs to be smarter in defence.

Choudry debut: Fair play for having the faith to put him on in that situation. I'm not sure what it says about his faith in Amartey and Dragovic. 

15 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

And breathe....:sweating:

Great first half. Inevitable Spurs comeback but we held on.

Wes and Albrighton showed why they’re still so important to us.

Always the highlight of the season beating Spurs. 

Onwards and and upwards now...

Inevitable, yes, but I feel like we are showing the ability to play the way Puel seems to want us to play for longer and longer stretches. If the plan is to get us to the point where we add Silva and play aggressive, attacking football for the duration of the game, we have a lot to look forward to.

Man, I barely recognize this team. Our interior passing has improved so much the last 6 weeks, these guys don't look like the same player. Even Ndidi is starting to look comfortable with the ball at his feet! That is the draw of Puel though, his reputation is he focuses on improving younger players, and I'm definitely seeing it with Ndidi.

Quoted from the Spuds' forum

You only lose to Leicester ( home or away ) if you are not willing to fight them toe to toe and then win the right to play football. Too many Big Time Charlie’s in the squad. Football is a simple game. First and foremost you must respect everyone you play and then, with aggression and passion you can then think about winning. Seen enough in recent weeks to see there is a huge problem brewing at Spurs. Too often we are looking like we expect to win by playing at 90% - that won’t happen. And no obvious answer to get the players motivated. I don’t think that ****ing books helped anyone either by the way, having read it. I can’t fathom out what they were thinking letting it come out.

Says it all really. Working in North Hertfordshire at the moment. Several Spuds fans at work. Oh they will be quiet tomorrow!!!

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

In my opinion that was a fantastic bit of management. Every youth team player in the academy will hear about that and think "that could be me!" That is only going to inspire them. It was a risk, but it's a statement, and a good one.

Yes - It was a joy to see. I think I might be very happy with Puel. 

Great win. Thought we were excellent first half and so many could be motm. 

I've been saying for ages Chillwell should be ahead of Fuchs now and he proved it. 

Iborra is so classy. Mahrez goal was the world class side of him. 

Didn't understand why Puel made subs so late tho and bringing on Hamza was odd with Amartey and King on the bench. Thought.we looked tired and was only a matter of time before they scored. 

So hard to name a motm. Shinji was class too except the shite header. Defence kept Kane quiet for 80 mins too 

5 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I thought that Pottychinos comments at the weekend were sensible to take the pressure off his players, without those words tonights game would have been called "must win". However you dress it up though they've just lost their "Must Win" so maybe it backfired. But enough about them, how good were we against such hyped quality players, how promising is the rest of the season, Burnley will be a completely different test but let's not waste tonights good work, stick em in that chiller for a few days and then be ready to go again on Saturday. "We are quality, I said we are qual-i-ty"!

I am genuinely looking forward to Burnley - it will tell us a lot about where we are going under Puel.

4 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Tbf we played completely differently tonight to previous Puel games. Tonight we played on the counter like the good old days, high pressure and direct passing, it worked, previous games we've failed miserably to play a possession game. 

We need to go for it like that every game, no matter if it's home or away or what team we're playing. 

Make teams fear us and our counters, rather than changing for other teams. 

Credit where it's due, tsctics and personnel were spot on tonight and fair play with the subs too. Huge risk bringing Choudhury on, but his energy was pivotal in us winning the ball back quickly. Excellent result!!!

We played short passing tonight, a lot more than we have done pre Puel. It was noticeable and a joy to see

• Like 1

Iborra and Niddi looked top notch together today, starting to click wait for the Silva lining and we will be firing.

Albrighton had a great game as well a lot better today instead of that one dimensional rubbish.

Chilwell is great, still some big errors to work on but should keep his place

• Like 2