Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs (H) 2-1 Post Match Thread

Iborra is getting better with every game for me, hes bring out the best in Ndidi too, 

he just strolls around the pitch without breaking into a sweat, for that reported £12mil, its a bargain and a half for me

cant grumble with Puel atm, his game management, tactics(most the time) have been spot on for me and i think weve played some decent stuff too,

brilliant win tonight, hopefully we can continue that to Saturday and Burnley 

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

It's very difficult to do so when you've not necessarily been in control of possession all game, look at how we did it in 15/16. But we've just got to be an unbreakable wall from crosses and proving through balls, or we need to implement the passing spells of play Puel is teaching us at the right times.

Tonight we mixed fast counter attacks from direct play in the first half with some decent ball retention but then we struggled to retain the ball 2nd half. I'd look at that and say at least we are having spells of looking to mix it up and move the ball well, so it's a case of being able to do that in the closing stages of games and then we're a nasty beast to deal with.

Yeah, I agree again.  There is "pressure" and then there is "pressure".  Before the first goal we invited the right kind of pressure and I never felt too worried.  Then it went a bit mad towards the end.  I think it is probably just as much psychological as anything else, team sport is a very odd thing.  We could have had a couple on the break so as long as we restrict opponents to "the right kind of pressure" I never feel too worried.  Wins should breed confidence which, in turn, should breed better performances.  I feel pretty positive about the future. X

What a player Iborra is, and he gives nididi confidence, Iborra did a lot of important defensive work tonight, especially at set pieces, and kept it all nice and calm.

We were lucky to hang on in the end, spurs missed some sitters, but a very welcomed 3 points, just have to back it up Saturday, and we are sitting pretty.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Nah. 

Delighted we won but that second half was dogshit from an honest, objective point of view. We were clinging on.

Intelligent managers would see that our strength is being on the front foot. And they’d also try and drive home the momentum when we’re in control of the game.

Trying to get us to do something we aren’t good at (I.e. defending deep) is poor management.

You need to look at common themes in our performances. You can’t just point at one result and say he’s genius.

8 time’s out of 10 the ball falls badly for us, Spurs take one of their chances, and we don’t win.

The percentages are against us if we play like the 2nd half.

I don’t know why people can’t be objective after a win. It’s not always amazing management, even Shakey won the odd game.

I’ll be slated for being negative yet during the 2nd half everyone was as up tight as I was. Why? Because it looked likely we would concede at least once. Again. That tells you all you need to know.

And don’t blame me, a post like this wouldn’t be necessary if people didn’t try to use everything that happens in a Leicester match as something to reinforce their agenda.

Great win, very bewildering and concerning second half tactics.

You make some half decent points here, badly as you've put it.

You of all people asking others to be objective after a win is hilarious. Can we see some objectivity from you after our losses? lol

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Do agree with this, though I think there is a reason other than the intelligence of the manager.

TBH we're stuck between a rock and a hard place....

Our best football certainly comes from a high energy, 'front foot' style..

The trouble is, even with our players' above average fitness levels, it's impossible to keep up that tempo for a full '90'! There will come a time in every game where we have to 'drop off'...It's what to do then that causes us problems.

The 'tortoise' approach of retreating into our shell isn't 100% convincing !

Yeah but looking for other answers other than just the managers intelligence doesn't fit with him not liking Puel, so he won't do that.

Fantastic result. Great performance. Two wonderful goals in their own rights. Said to my mate a minute or two before vardy scored, he's gonna bag and give their fans some stick lol

First half was very very good. We looked by far the more dangerous team and fully deserved that lead. Second half was always going to be what it was. We defended so so well. Iborra was immense and the difference Okazaki makes is fantastic. Don't think anyone really comes out of the game with lower than an 8/10. Vardy is more than just a striker, he's added so much to his game and it's criminal how under rated he is outside of Leicester. 

Delighted to see Choudhury come on. What a boost that must've been for him. 

The timing of Vardy’s goal was amazing, 2 mins after getting grief about his wife in the jungle etc etc. His reaction to the Spurs fans ( not normally a fan of players cupping ears ) was priceless. If Carlsberg did goals and celebrations...........

Edited by STEVIE B
Spelling error

15 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Puel's post match interview:

Flat out says "we played counter attack but without long kick." I think that is the most poigniant statement of what he's trying to do with our team yet.

Also says "it's important for the players to see they can get results and win by playing good football."

Encouraging.

I might love him (but I also may have over celebrated a win against Spurts - and why not?))

Edited by trabuch
  • Thanks 1