Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs (H) 2-1 Post Match Thread

53 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Iborra. Legend. 

Probably the most composed footballer I've ever seen. 

Andy King, watch this man, he gives a lesson on how to be slow as **** and still get everywhere. 

Sorry I ever doubted the man. 

So composed he gave the ball away near the end and nwarly cost us the game?    

In all seriousness though, he is getting better with every game. Can't wait to see him at full steam.

1 minute ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Hang on, they really didn't dominate the game. They had a lot of possession, but we had more of the "oooh"s, certainly until the last 10 mins...

I can't watch Leicester objectively. I just watched highlights on Sky and it looked like a completely different game. At the time I thought we absolutely whacked them in the first half and most of the second until they scored (a goal that photo evidence  - see previous posts - shows was off side). and then we hung on - but Vardy should have scored on a break. 

• Like 1

The result eclipses everything else. It always does. But that was tough viewing once again in the second half. We sat so deep that they were almost invited to pick their passes around our penalty area. Fortunately their poor finishing let us off the hook.

Two majestic goals from us though. That's what wins games like these. A bit of individual quality. Our season has now sparked into life. Let's keep it going against Burnley.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I can't watch Leicester objectively. I just watched highlights on Sky and it looked like a completely different game. At the time I thought we absolutely whacked them in the first half and most of the second until they scored (a goal that photo evidence  - see previous posts - shows was off side). and then we hung on - but Vardy should have scored on a break. 

Think gray should have gone for goal instead of trying to pass it to slimani towards the end as well

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Haven't seen the game so getting my information from the forum and the sky updates. Great to win, especially versus the Spuds. But why are we Jekyll and Hyde at the moment with huge differences between our opening 30-45 and the second half essentailly. Puel will need to address that including his own management.

Don't believe everything you read. They had chances throughout and so did we, fans just get more nervous defending a lead against a good side. Spurs threw everything at us last 10, and we got a bit nervy-that's the extent of our tactical issue. We played really well, attacked to our strengths and defended solidly throughout. Until Vardy came off we were always a threat, and Spurs knew it...

• Like 4

Lets be fair lads it was good -first 20 very good but we need to find a way to play  towards the end of a game.Vardy and then Slim completely isolated in the last 20 minutes.

Damn site better than West Ham though in a way Spurs pushing and being a better team  let us play our game .

Do the business at the weekend and this could be a big week- the mighty Burnley and old gravel voice .

Still buzzing from that. Really encouraged by Puel so far. We're playing far better football, he's not afraid to make big decisions and he's giving youth a chance! Chilwell should be our regular left-back from now on. Two goals of top quality and Vicente Iborra is an absolute class act. I'm so happy right now!

Just saw the highlights. Beautiful goal from Vardy. Absolutely beautiful. Strong contender for the goal of the month.

Vintage Mahrez, nice to see him bagging.

More than all happy for the team and now I'll go take a look at the Fighting Cock forum. The meltdown must be epic.

1 minute ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Don't believe everything you read. They had chances throughout and so did we, fans just get more nervous defending a lead against a good side. Spurs threw everything at us last 10, and we got a bit nervy-that's the extent of our tactical issue. We played really well, attacked to our strengths and defended solidly throughout. Until Vardy came off we were always a threat, and Spurs knew it...

That's actually quite true. But I still think we lose energy in the second.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

Just saw the highlights. Beautiful goal from Vardy. Absolutely beautiful. Strong contender for the goal of the month.

Vintage Mahrez, nice to see him bagging.

More than all happy for the team and now I'll go take a look at the Fighting Cock forum. The meltdown must be epic.

Both goals were things of beauty, but Vardy's was something only a true goalscorer can do.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hammo said:

The result eclipses everything else. It always does. But that was tough viewing once again in the second half. We sat so deep that they were almost invited to pick their passes around our penalty area. Fortunately their poor finishing let us off the hook.

Two majestic goals from us though. That's what wins games like these. A bit of individual quality. Our season has now sparked into life. Let's keep it going against Burnley.

Spot on, only gotta look at the Puel thread to give a prime example of 'the result exclipes everything else', I've admitted it was better today and it was the first time we turned up in 2nd half under Puel, but it was still a pretty tough watch as you say.

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

Nah. 

Delighted we won but that second half was dogshit from an honest, objective point of view. We were clinging on.

Intelligent managers would see that our strength is being on the front foot. And they’d also try and drive home the momentum when we’re in control of the game.

Trying to get us to do something we aren’t good at (I.e. defending deep) is poor management.

You need to look at common themes in our performances. You can’t just point at one result and say he’s genius.

8 time’s out of 10 the ball falls badly for us, Spurs take one of their chances, and we don’t win.

The percentages are against us if we play like the 2nd half.

I don’t know why people can’t be objective after a win. It’s not always amazing management, even Shakey won the odd game.

I’ll be slated for being negative yet during the 2nd half everyone was as up tight as I was. Why? Because it looked likely we would concede at least once. Again. That tells you all you need to know.

And don’t blame me, a post like this wouldn’t be necessary if people didn’t try to use everything that happens in a Leicester match as something to reinforce their agenda.

Great win, very bewildering and concerning second half tactics.

Instead of seeing it as though city were holding back, Spurs could well be seen as being more in control, slick passing

Technically better in holding the ball, in their attacking moves, and play quite neat 1,2s or even in triangles.

Thats difficult to push up and defend against. Arsenal and Spurs, can pass you out of the game, and we all  know we cant

defend well when being pushed back defending 14-16 meters from goal. They broke us 4 times with slick moves that

the 2 big Londons sides, do better than even L'pool or Man.city, orce g en other European sides.

When we did break in the 2nd half, we simply dont have the quality, to hold and pass the ball around.

So our possesion will always stay low, like the title season we have to guarrantee the breaks, give ourselves more time

on the ball. or be more thoughtfull, concejtrated, and clinical. Vardy could of finished it, Gray with a better weighted pass

would of seen Slimani close it out for us. 

I dont see that improving until we get that 3rd quality actual midfield player in the side they tick differently than, the

Albrighton/Chilwell alternatives, James if not injured could fill that position, until a gamefit Silva steps in.

A younger attacking King, could of also pulled it off...maybe

& kitchandro,!! I dont wholey disagree with your sentiments, I just dont think we have that quality at the moment.

Iborra, Ndidi cant put the fires out alone.Could we see Amartey take that 3rd middle role???

Puels hands are tied, I believe he knows and sees the problem.

Lets see if Burnley gives us some respite this weekend, if we can get ahead,

can we match their last 20 minute spirit  and frontfoot aggression...