Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonzey01

Aiming for 6th or 7th realistic now?

38 minutes ago, Steven said:

We should be aiming for a CL place. :D

How better are Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool compared to us?

I wouldn't say any are 'better, but they're just more consistent.

Need to give the league a real go next season - once Puel has done some decent summer dealings and the 'deadwood' that are hanging around currently are gone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Amazing how quickly this forum changes its tune. 2 days ago Mahrez was only playing poorly because the rest of our squad was so bad it was effecting his game.

Now we have an amazing team, cover for every position and we’re gonna finish in the top 6.

Despite being battered in our latest half of football.

Was coming to say the exact same thing... 

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Yep - King/Ulloa/Musa great replacements?

Weird comment.

Slimani and Iheanacho to replace Vardy and Okazaki.

Gray to replace either winger.

Iborra/Silva/Ndidi/King/Amartey in midfield.

Dragovic/Chilwell/Amartey/Huth in defence.

Hamer/Jakupovic in net.

I'd wager that there isn't a team in the Premier League that would say no to all of those players.

• Like 3

I've believed for the whole season that 7th is possible if we can find our best team and get an effective game plan worked out. I do think we have the best squad outside the top six so we certainly ought to be aiming for European football next season. I see Southampton and Everton as our main competitors here.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Weird comment.

Slimani and Iheanacho to replace Vardy and Okazaki.

Gray to replace either winger.

Iborra/Silva/Ndidi/King/Amartey in midfield.

Dragovic/Chilwell/Amartey/Huth in defence.

Hamer/Jakupovic in net.

I'd wager that there isn't a team in the Premier League that would say no to all of those players.

What about the three players I listed?

It's looking better having Puel in charge since Shakespeare didn't look to be turning things around. But we're on two wins, two draws and a loss. If we win our next then we're on a upwards swing. Either a loss or a draw and it's looking the other way. I'm cautiously confident though: we finally have a solid midfield, and come Jan even stronger.

Just now, BenTheFox said:

I wholeheartedly believe that we have the best squad outside of the top six. Still a fair few points off Burnley and Watford though. 

Hopefully be a bit closer after our next game. :fc:

13 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Amazing how quickly this forum changes its tune. 2 days ago Mahrez was only playing poorly because the rest of our squad was so bad it was effecting his game.

Now we have an amazing team, cover for every position and we’re gonna finish in the top 6.

Fantastic post.  A true realist. Excellent!

20 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Aye. Two matches ago: Chilwell is rubbish and will be sold. Last match: he's a beast that will offer more than Fuchs. Two matches ago: Vardy is the reason Kelechi is failing to adapt. This match: Vardy is better than Lineker. Two matches ago: The premier league has found out Mahrez for being a fraud. This match: The best magician in the premier league. Obviously there's not one sole voice on the forum but still.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Classic football fans on the internet. The next four are key as to whether we look up or down. Burnley, Newcastle, Southampton and Palace are all eminently winnable. Get 10/12 points out of that and you're not even contemplating the bottom five and can start a thread like this.

It's one thing to defend and see out a 2-1 win over a Spurs team not in the greatest of form, now let's go and do it at home and away, consistently, against teams we should be beating.

• Like 2

All I am interested in at the moment is getting to 40 points. Position is irrelevant. Lets just get business done first and stay in the division. It wasn't long ago we were floating around the relegation places.

All I look for at the moment is maintaining 1 point a game. In general 38 points should just about be enough to stay up, 40 really is the magic number though. 14 played and 17 points on the board tells me we have a nice little cushion. We could lose our next 2 games and I still wouldn't be worried.

As soon as we hit 40 points then I start to wonder where we could actually finish. Until then I will keep European dreams on hold

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

All I am interested in at the moment is getting to 40 points. Position is irrelevant. Lets just get business done first and stay in the division. It wasn't long ago we were floating around the relegation places.

All I look for at the moment is maintaining 1 point a game. In general 38 points should just about be enough to stay up, 40 really is the magic number though. 14 played and 17 points on the board tells me we have a nice little cushion. We could lose our next 2 games and I still wouldn't be worried.

As soon as we hit 40 points then I start to wonder where we could actually finish. Until then I will keep European dreams on hold

Cheers Claudio :claudio:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

We won one game ffs. Before that we went three without, which included one of our worst halves since we came up three years ago.

We've not been consistent across one game yet, let alone a string of games. We should still be looking over our shoulders at the bottom 3 for now.

It's more than that though, to be fair. We seem to be harder to beat under Puell. Not saying all our issues are resolved or anything like that... but if confidence grows along with a couple of editions then 6th or 7th isnt out of the question..

57 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

It's looking better having Puel in charge since Shakespeare didn't look to be turning things around. But we're on two wins, two draws and a loss. If we win our next then we're on a upwards swing. Either a loss or a draw and it's looking the other way. I'm cautiously confident though: we finally have a solid midfield, and come Jan even stronger.

That sort of form over a season see's you finish on 60/61 points. I shouldn't be complained at. 

That would have seen you finish 8th, 7th or 7th in the last 3 years. I'd be delighted with that total.

I just worry with 1 or 2 injuries / suspensions we are fvcked (vardy or ndidi / Iborra). I agree the next 3/4 games are winable but after that around xmas and new year there difficult man u,  liverpool Chelsea. Although I think we deserved the win against spurs watching the highlights they missed a lot really good chances. Imo well finish between 8th - 12th.