Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonzey01

Aiming for 6th or 7th realistic now?

We're 9th at the moment and only Burnley and Watford ahead of us so 7th is definitely up for grabs.

I'd like us to grab another two or three wins in the next few weeks and really give it a go against Manchester City in the League Cup by playing our best XI.

45 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

We've drawn 2 games we should have won in the last 4 games. That's 4 points dropped. This place gets overoptimistic every time we win.

Yeah and won one game we should have lost. THis place gets overpessimistic every time we lost or drew.

4 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Aye. Two matches ago: Chilwell is rubbish and will be sold. Last match: he's a beast that will offer more than Fuchs. Two matches ago: Vardy is the reason Kelechi is failing to adapt. This match: Vardy is better than Lineker. Two matches ago: The premier league has found out Mahrez for being a fraud. This match: The best magician in the premier league. Obviously there's not one sole voice on the forum but still.

Your last sentence explains everything, even though you dismiss it.

If you listen to many different opinions and then imagine them being one person then of course they're going to sound contradictory. Criticise fickle individuals, not 'this place' in general.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Amazing how quickly this forum changes its tune. 2 days ago Mahrez was only playing poorly because the rest of our squad was so bad it was effecting his game.

Now we have an amazing team, cover for every position and we’re gonna finish in the top 6.

Despite being battered in our latest half of football

We are 5 points behind 7th (who do have a game in hand) with 24 games left but we are still to play them twice. Saying 7th is beyond us is outright bonkers.

Burnley and Watford have both have very good starts but by all accounts we have largely been poor and have sacked a manager. I think 7/8/9/10th would be ok, but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind we should be aiming up and looking at 7th. We have easily as good a squad as any team below 6th and if we can play consistently well (that is obviously the key here) then we have a good chance of finishing inside the top half of the table.

I wouldn't be unhappy with 11th/12th but c'mon, we should at least be aiming for better than that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

We are 5 points behind 7th (who do have a game in hand) with 24 games left but we are still to play them twice. Saying 7th is beyond us is outright bonkers.

Burnley and Watford have both have very good starts but by all accounts we have largely been poor and have sacked a manager. I think 7/8/9/10th would be ok, but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind we should be aiming up and looking at 7th. We have easily as good a squad as any team below 6th and if we can play consistently well (that is obviously the key here) then we have a good chance of finishing inside the top half of the table.

I wouldn't be unhappy with 11th/12th but c'mon, we should at least be aiming for better than that. 

100% 7th is the target. Its an ambitious yet realistic aim and should definitely be what we hope for

I think ownership expects a 7th place finish - otherwise why throw the money around that they've tossed spent trying to improve the squad?  You can still wind up mid table by not overpaying  for the likes of Slimani, Iheanacho, etc. I'd shoot for 7th and hope Liverpool falls apart late in the season again and maybe edge up to 6th.  Granted the squad is thin so a significant absence by one or more of the key guys knocks you back a few more spots.  But if Puel can extract a little more consistency this is a good club. 

9 hours ago, AKCJ said:

King is a more than competent 6th choice midfielder.

Ulloa never plays.

Musa never plays.

What's your point?

My point is I do not agree with your comment that ‘the squad is fantastic’.  IMO there is still a lot of surgery to be carried out before a comment like that actually holds water.   Add Benny, Kapi and Mendy to my list and your comment looks even more off the mark.  Good night.

9 hours ago, Jonzey01 said:

I think they were the ones who I said to get rid of. With the way the market is someone will hopefully spend silly money on them.

Do not hold your breath on that one!

10 hours ago, Foxxed said:

It's looking better having Puel in charge since Shakespeare didn't look to be turning things around. But we're on two wins, two draws and a loss. If we win our next then we're on a upwards swing. Either a loss or a draw and it's looking the other way. I'm cautiously confident though: we finally have a solid midfield, and come Jan even stronger.

Hmmm....

8 points from 5 matches, and 3 of those are what used to be known as the top 7.

8 hours ago, Gerard said:

We're 9th at the moment and only Burnley and Watford ahead of us so 7th is definitely up for grabs.

I'd like us to grab another two or three wins in the next few weeks and really give it a go against Manchester City in the League Cup by playing our best XI.

See, that's the sort of comment that would have got people's backs up around here if said about us in 2015/16 lol

• Like 2

Blue boys blue boys I just wanted you 2 know that i luwv you so... I hope we hammer gwavel  thwoats white and purple

Poof tie armeh ....especially my byoys fox92 and Cambridgecuntfox. Fk u both you sad boring fartini’s

He wears the same thing every week xxxx p.s you’re both fagguts. Shout out 2 Julian Joachim, wookie, and basically everyone who likes 2 fart in their bed and enjoy the smell . Weller, raj etc 

• Haha 2