Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonzey01

Aiming for 6th or 7th realistic now?

9 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

See, that's the sort of comment that would have got people's backs up around here if said about us in 2015/16 lol

I'm certainly not dismissing either Burnley or Watford. There was 6pts separating Southampton in 8th and Watford in 17th last season so with Everton looking like they've regressed then 7th is obtainable for anybody.

It was about this time two years a go that I quietly thought we might have a little squeak at the title so I wouldn't be surprised if Burnley fans thought they may have a little squeak of Champions League football next season. I don't know if the likes of @dsr-burnley and his fellow Burnley fans can honestly say it hasn't crossed their minds?

14 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I'm certainly not dismissing either Burnley or Watford. There was 6pts separating Southampton in 8th and Watford in 17th last season so with Everton looking like they've regressed then 7th is obtainable for anybody.

It was about this time two years a go that I quietly thought we might have a little squeak at the title so I wouldn't be surprised if Burnley fans thought they may have a little squeak of Champions League football next season. I don't know if the likes of @dsr-burnley and his fellow Burnley fans can honestly say it hasn't crossed their minds?

It's certainly crossed my mind.  As Sean Dyche pointed out after last night's game, the fans are allowed to get a bit giddy.  It's the players and management that need to keep their feet on the ground, not the fans.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

It's certainly crossed my mind.  As Sean Dyche pointed out after last night's game, the fans are allowed to get a bit giddy.  It's the players and management that need to keep their feet on the ground, not the fans.

Well it's December tomorrow and you're there or thereabouts. They'll be telling you soon that you're bound to fall away around Christmas and give you endless examples of unfashionable clubs who were near the top at Christmas and then fell away as expected once the New Year came in.

They kept telling us that two years a go as well. :D

Every now and again someone breaks the mould so good luck with that.  I'm sure you'd kill for 7th now and take your chances that it will be enough for a Europa League spot.

We may be able to get 7th or 8th, anything higher would be a stretch and we'd need the kind of form that won us the league. if we want to finish seventh then we need consistency and a very good run of results with players on form for the whole season. the key is the defence needs to be a lot tighter and we can't keep shipping goals in every game even if we are winning. it would be nice to keep a load of clean sheets, and not just outscore the opposition!

13 hours ago, mozartfox said:

My point is I do not agree with your comment that ‘the squad is fantastic’.  IMO there is still a lot of surgery to be carried out before a comment like that actually holds water.   Add Benny, Kapi and Mendy to my list and your comment looks even more off the mark.  Good night.

Benalouane also never plays.

Kapustka isn't at the club, he's on loan.

Mendy isn't at the club, he's on loan.

Talk about a comment being "off the mark" lol 

Until they are actually off the pay-role? they are still at the Club and using up money that could be spent on other better players that could improve the ‘fantastic’ squad you are crowing about.  

11 August 20171 Arsenal 4–3 Leicester City [show]Holloway, London
9 September 20174 Leicester City 1–2 Chelsea [show]Leicester
23 September 20176 Leicester City 2−3 Liverpool [show]Leicester
30 September 20177 AFC Bournemouth 0–0 Leicester City [show]Bournemouth
21 October 20179 Swansea City 1–2 Leicester City [show]Swansea   
29 October 201710 Leicester City 2–0 Everton [show]Leicester
4 November 201711 Stoke City 2–2 Leicester City [show]Stoke-on-Trent
18 November 201712 Leicester City 0–2 Manchester City [show]Leicester
28 November 201714 Leicester City 2–1 Tottenham Hotspur [show]Leicester

So far we've lost to: Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City. Personally I think we played quite well in most of those games and could have taken points away from each of them on another day if decisions and self-inflicted mistakes had gone the other way.

Of the draws we've had, Huddersfield, Bournemouth and West Brom were a point gained rather than points lost as we simply weren't good enough on the day under Shakey.

Under Claude, Stoke and West Ham away were points dropped but we've looked far better IMO than at any point under Shakey.

Right now we're 9th on 17 points after 4 wins, 5 draws and 5 defeats. I think top 6 or 7 is definitely achievable.

Since sacking Claudio, we haven't actually lost a game to anyone outside of the top six apart from Everton at their place last year, when they were 7th by a mile. I see no reason why we can't finish 7th this season, I'd almost go as far as to say I expect it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 29/11/2017 at 12:56, AKCJ said:

The squad is actually fantastic.

Genuine cover in most positions and the first 11 is properly good.

We're in a good spot right now. With Silva to come in too.

Agree with this.  Look at the side we put out against Leeds.

Add in SIlva and it's the best squad we've ever had

On 30/11/2017 at 02:44, THEBIGJOHNSTEADER; said:

Blue boys blue boys I just wanted you 2 know that i luwv you so... I hope we hammer gwavel  thwoats white and purple

Poof tie armeh ....especially my byoys fox92 and Cambridgecuntfox. Fk u both you sad boring fartini’s

He wears the same thing every week xxxx p.s you’re both fagguts. Shout out 2 Julian Joachim, wookie, and basically everyone who likes 2 fart in their bed and enjoy the smell . Weller, raj etc 

Sod off

22 hours ago, Webbo said:

lol  if Spurs had buried those sitters wed have all been saying we're doomed to relegation.

If we had buried those chances at Stoke and West Ham we'd be back to square one tbf.

4 hours ago, Koke said:

If we had buried those chances at Stoke and West Ham we'd be back to square one tbf.

Fair comment.  Shows there are some very fine margins on FT.  Beat Spuds and suddenly we have a fantastic squad and will finish top 6 and there are calls for a statue of Rudkon (because he signed Maguire).  Lose to Burnley and there will meltdown on here later.

On 29/11/2017 at 12:38, ealingfox said:

We won one game ffs. Before that we went three without, which included one of our worst halves since we came up three years ago.

We've not been consistent across one game yet, let alone a string of games. We should still be looking over our shoulders at the bottom 3 for now.

Gonna win the league pal

The next three (winnable) games absolutely vital to our season. If we do okay I can see the following scenario developing:

Man U, Man C and Chelsea pull away from the rest.

Burnley and Watford can't keep up the momentum and fade.

That leaves Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool and Ourselves in a 'mini-league' fighting it out for Euro places.

Sounds good, eh?  Plausible??