Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

FA Cup draw - Mon 4th December - Fleetwood or Hereford (A)

Notts County or Peterborough away would be brilliant.

Coventry away should be a tie to aspire to, unfortunately as many have said their ground is in the most ridiculous location with no decent transport links. Plus the ground would be half empty.

Swansea away or Preston at home more likely, however.

15 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Draw: 7PM, BBC2/BTSport1

1 Bournemouth
2 Arsenal
3 Aston Villa
4 Barnsley
5 Birmingham
6 Bolton
7 Brentford
8 Brighton
9 Bristol City
10 Burnley
11 Burton Albion
12 Cardiff
13 Chelsea
14 Crystal Palace
15 Derby
16 Everton
17 Fulham
18 Huddersfield
19 Hull
20 Ipswich
21 Leeds
22 Leicester
23 Liverpool
24 Manchester City
25 Manchester United
26 Middlesbrough
27 Millwall
28 Newcastle
29 Norwich
30 Nottingham Forest
31 Preston
32 QPR
33 Reading
34 Sheffield United
35 Sheffield Wednesday
36 Southampton
37 Stoke
38 Sunderland
39 Swansea
40 Tottenham
41 Watford
42 West Brom
43 West Ham
44 Wolves
45 Woking OR Peterborough
46 MK Dons
47 Newport County
48 Wycombe
49 Port Vale OR Yeovil
50 Shrewsbury
51 Doncaster
52 Slough OR Rochdale
53 AFC Wimbledon
54 Stevenage
55 Mansfield
56 Luton Town
57 Bradford
58 Blackburn OR Crewe
59 Fylde OR Wigan
60 Gillingham OR Carlisle
61 Notts County
62 Forest Green OR Exeter
63 Fleetwood OR Hereford
64 Coventry City

Anyone away from 45 down.

Coventry away would be fantastic.

Being from the south of the county I've always considered Coventry the biggest derby game for me as I live half way between Coventry and Leicester. You lot can keep your Forest and Derby and not enough rivalry has ever been given to Coventry IMO. Especially when you consider both clubs are at a loose end for a derby and both our most hated clubs see other clubs as their biggest rivals.

Coventry's main rival is Villa but Villa hate Birmingham more.

Ours is Forest but they hate Derby more.

• Like 2

To be honest I think drawing you lot at home would probably sell out. We have only played about 2/3 premier league sides at the Ricoh and the last time was way back in 2009 I believe. While there are thousands officially boycotting, the majority of fans stay away because watching football in a stadium owned by a rugby team with crowds of 9000 is awful.

I always love the FA Cup 3rd round draw, but we have had some absolutely horrendous draws in recent years. It's always interesting to take on lower league opposition, or go to different grounds. Getting more premier league matches is sometimes a bit infuriating. I remember in the great escape season we drew Newcastle, Spurs and Villa and managed to beat Newcastle and Spurs but couldn't win for toffee in the league at the time.

21 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Coventry away would be fantastic.

Being from the south of the county I've always considered Coventry the biggest derby game for me as I live half way between Coventry and Leicester. You lot can keep your Forest and Derby and not enough rivalry has ever been given to Coventry IMO. Especially when you consider both clubs are at a loose end for a derby and both our most hated clubs see other clubs as their biggest rivals.

Coventry's main rival is Villa but Villa hate Birmingham more.

Ours is Forest but they hate Derby more.

It's a bit like us having to pair off with the ugly bird at the end of the school disco because everyone else is taken!

• Haha 1

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 09:12, LCFC FOX said:

I’ve always wanted a non league, even at home. 

Other than that league two or one team away please 

Fill your boots, mate - probably my favourite Cup-tie of all time:

• Like 1

I say it every cup draw but I would love Leeds away purely for selfish reasons (only live 10 mins down the road). 

Other than that I just really want us to get an away draw to lower league opposition, we always seem to end up with a PL draw more often than not. The beauty of the cups (particularly FA cup third round weekend) is seeing lower league teams go up against the PL big boys, so I would love for us to be a part of that. 

I think we have a squad that no matter who we rotate, we can still put out a strong team. Obviously Vardy, Kasper,  Iborra etc are better than their understudies. However bringing in players like Iheanacho, Dragovic, James won’t hinder us too much and it gets them some good competitive minutes while still taking the competition seriously enough. 

I’d love Fylde or a smaller league League Two side purely for the experience of a proper football ground again. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

I think we have a squad that no matter who we rotate, we can still put out a strong team. Obviously Vardy, Kasper,  Iborra etc are better than their understudies. However bringing in players like Iheanacho, Dragovic, James won’t hinder us too much and it gets them some good competitive minutes while still taking the competition seriously enough. 

I’d love Fylde or a smaller league League Two side purely for the experience of a proper football ground again. 

Fylde's probably isn't the best example of that. New build on the edge of town.