Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

FA Cup draw - Mon 4th December - Fleetwood or Hereford (A)

I wouldn't be so sure that it'll be on TV...

Liverpool v Everton

Brighton v Palace

Norwich v Chelsea

Forest v Arsenal

Man Utd v Derby

I mean I absolutely do think it WILL and it SHOULD be on TV on merit alone, but with BT Sport's history of grabbing any "big" team they can in the FA cup for those subscriber numbers, expect us to be frozen out for the populist masses.

16 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Man Utd have to be on tv remember. What’s the record of FA Cup games at now? Remember it coming up every round last season 

48 consecutive TV FA Cup matches I recall and that was a year or two a go.

Surely this should be the time for them to end that record? At home to a Championship side doesn't really tie in with the romance of the cup whereas we are a potential banana skin away to either the lowest side left in the competition or the romance of the Jamie Vardy story. The neutral would much prefer to watch our game.

• Like 1

I really hope for once that the TV companies pick the games on merit. If they do then we are 100% picked regardless of who gets through to play us. No doubt though that The Scum vs The Other Scum at Old Trafford will be picked even though there are so many matches better than it. 

I'm also probably the only person who doesn't want to face Hereford. It is just one of those places with plenty of cup history and the whole world will want us to lose there. If we did lose then it's a total embarrassment and if we won 10-0 then everyone would say that was expected. 

The amount of people I've seen saying is much they've enjoyed Hereford and/or it's their favourite away of all time is fantastic. 

It'll be a shame that most people won't be able to experience it should they progress. 

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Surely this should be the time for them to end that record? At home to a Championship side doesn't really tie in with the romance of the cup whereas we are a potential banana skin away to either the lowest side left in the competition or the romance of the Jamie Vardy story. The neutral would much prefer to watch our game.

For the TV companies and sponsors its sadly not about that these days. They want the highest viewing figures possible and the sponsors get what they want due to the money they pump in. Let's not forget that all TV games get watched globally, and as much as I don't agree with that it's inevitable the big hitters will be on. 

Very sad, but that's football in 2017/18. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

I wouldn't be so sure that it'll be on TV...

Liverpool v Everton

Brighton v Palace

Norwich v Chelsea

Forest v Arsenal

Man Utd v Derby

I mean I absolutely do think it WILL and it SHOULD be on TV on merit alone, but with BT Sport's history of grabbing any "big" team they can in the FA cup for those subscriber numbers, expect us to be frozen out for the populist masses.

I suppose also Shrewsbury v West Ham will be another one considered for the tele. To be honest they pick the games where they believe they'll get the biggest viewing figures so they'll look to show Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and possibly Man City over that small weekend. Fingers crossed we'll get snubbed for the tele.

Edited by Leicesterpool

2 hours ago, soulieoldie said:

I think you’ll find Fleetwood is a fishing port not a seaside town, that unless you’re talking of taking a trip to Blackpool prior to the match. Either way they’re both dumps. 

They've got a beach in Fleetwood. Bit more upmarket than Blackpool too (although that's hardly saying much). Mind you, it'll be January so that stretch of coast will be about as appealing as a daytrip to Afghanistan.

• Haha 1

Whoever it is, perhaps a lineup along the lines of:

Hamer (Sereiously, why the **** did we spend £2m on Jakupovic??)

Amartey Knight Dragovic Chilwell/Fuchs

Gray Choudhury SILVA!!!!! Musa (for a laugh)

Slimani Iheanacho

Switch anyone with any youth player or first teamer; OR just ignore what I've written and expect something completely different. Whatevs.

Either way, we now have a month to wait for Silva.

Yay.

10 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

I wonder do these clubs fans get excited like I used to when we got a premier league club at home, when we were in dark days lol 

http://www.herefordtimes.com/sport/football/15701297.FA_Cup_Third_Round_Draw__Reaction_to_potential_Leicester_City_tie_for_Hereford__video_of_fans_when_tie_was_drawn__when_will_Fleetwood_replay_be_/?ref=rss

8 hours ago, Far Post Gerry said:

They've got a beach in Fleetwood. Bit more upmarket than Blackpool too (although that's hardly saying much). Mind you, it'll be January so that stretch of coast will be about as appealing as a daytrip to Afghanistan.

You'd do well to have a daytrip to Afghanistan.. What do you drive?.. A Delorean? 

24 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Could either of these sides switch the venue to the King Power if they so wished, for financial reasons ? Didn't Leatherhead do that ?

I think the FA stopped that malarkey years ago.

8 hours ago, Far Post Gerry said:

It really isn't.

Cleveleys, the stretch in between the two, is a little bit nicer though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gerard said:

58 FA cup games in a row televised, stretching back to 2005. They are absolutely guaranteed to be on BT, and so is Newport v Leeds i reckon. Think our game could be Friday night on the BBC, classic giant killer slot.