Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

World Cup Draw - 15:00

5 minutes ago, the fox said:

people think tunisia will be a an easy game lol . boy, you will be in for a nasty surprise. btw, benny doesn't play for them

No one said it would be easy, never any easy games at the World Cup, but they are the weakest African nation at the World Cup. They have no real stand out players, it is a good draw for us and could have been a lot worse.

A dangerous draw with Tunisia and Panama unknown and unpredictable. I have no expectation for England, especially after Southgate's defiant statement towards keeping Joe Hart as number 1. We may as well leave the net open for the duration of the tournament.

3 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

A dangerous draw with Tunisia and Panama unknown and unpredictable. I have no expectation for England, especially after Southgate's defiant statement towards keeping Joe Hart as number 1. We may as well leave the net open for the duration of the tournament.

They aren’t unknown if you watch them in qualifying... they are both the weakest nations from their confederation. Panama were awful against wales. Plus every england player will know everything about that Belgium team 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Just now, Super_horns said:
Kind draw for England although Belgium will ofcourse be very tough if they turn up.

Also avoided a potential last 16 tie against one of the big boys ..

Russia v Saudi Arabia to kick off the World Cup - very underwhelming start!

Not worth booking the day off for that tie lol 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

They aren’t unknown if you watch them in qualifying... they are both the weakest nations from their confederation. Panama were awful against wales. Plus every england player will know everything about that Belgium team 

I mean unknown in the sense of a major tournament, as any England fan will know qualifying is one thing and the competition is very much another. 

6 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

No one said it would be easy, never any easy games at the World Cup, but they are the weakest African nation at the World Cup. They have no real stand out players, it is a good draw for us and could have been a lot worse.

yes they don't have players playing in big clubs (in europe) but they have amazing talents. next year you will be wondering how those players aren't playing for bigger teams

6 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

Cheer up you miserable sod!

Just now, the fox said:

yes they don't have players playing in big clubs (in europe) but they have amazing talents. next year you will be wondering how those players aren't playing for bigger teams

I can say they haven’t impressed me in any way in qualifying unlike Morocco now that would have been tough 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

I can say they haven’t impressed me in any way in qualifying unlike Morocco now that would have been tough 

yeah, i guess so. but you never know, people snubbed algeria in the last world cup and we almost knocked germany (the world cup winners) out

• Like 1

Really comfortable draw for England. Finishing behind Tunisia or Panama is unthinkable, so you all should make it to the group stage at the very least. Belgium has some talent, and everyone always consider them dark horses to make a run in the world cup / euro's, but they tend to fall short of their potential.

We have had a very pleasant draw there, not that it means it'll be easy as we often make a pigs ear of weaker groups. I'd have rather we played Belgium first and you either get a good result and everyone's buzzing or you know that anything other than 2 wins against Tunisia or Panama will be a disgrace.

What's interesting is the last 16 tie is against much favourable opposition again but as above, we make pigs ear of games like that so it's very much up in the air. I'd be hugely disappointed if we don't make the QF's though.

We'll be playing 3 of 4 games if we qualify with a formation that's probably not needed but to not go 3-4-1-2 will give our players even less chance to get used to it. I think we'll see some low scoring games with us involved.

• Like 1

Just now, Detroit Blues said:

Really comfortable draw for England. Finishing behind Tunisia or Panama is unthinkable, so you all should make it to the group stage at the very least. Belgium has some talent, and everyone always consider them dark horses to make a run in the world cup / euro's, but they tend to fall short of their potential.

Belgium are full of world class players, at the moment they haven’t been great though reminds me of us back in the early 00’s... let’s see if they can finally impress though unlike us lol 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Why was Maradona wearing two watches?

28 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Well just in case one is wrong he has a back up I guess 

But how will he know which one is wrong (assuming the watch hasn't actually stopped of course) ...   ???

Or !! ....     is one on the wrist of his hand and the other on the wrist of the hand of God ...   :)