Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Newcastle (A) pre-match

Could be a good time to play them.

They'll be desperate to attack, which would leave gaps prior to their defence due to them pressing high - which would obviously benefit Vardy etc, hopefully.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

18 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

You'll have some stiff competition for that 'best of the rest' 7th spot mate :thumbup:

Oh aye, we'd only be decent shouts for that if we're taking over, if Benitez is backed and if the new signings pan out.

12 hours ago, sylofox said:

So you think 40k people slitting their wrists is funny?

lollollol good on you lollollol 

Bitter sad twats one up the ladder from spuds lol 

... Is this some midlands humour I, as a Northerner, won't get?

8 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Could be a good time to play them.

They'll be desperate to attack, which would leave gaps prior to their defence due to them pressing high - which would obviously benefit Vardy etc, hopefully.

Not Benitez' style mate.

If we play 4-2-3-1 our #10 may harass and harry your CBs and deeper midfielders, but there'll be a bit of a gap between him and our midfield pair, who'll sit fairly deep. Hayden or Merino will break up play and Shelvey will look to find gaps behind for Gayle, Murphy, Yedlin etc. to run onto.

If we play a 4-4-2 it'll be a counter attacking setup and there'll not be a high line.

Edited by TheFish
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheFish said:

... Is this some midlands humour I, as a Northerner, won't get?

Not at all just my take on what a sad bunch of tw@s blunderland fans are.

They spent more time the last two seasons trying to make a rivalry with us than worrying about their own team going down the crapper.

Then slagging our atmosphere off when most of them left games 20mins before the end.

The most sad irritating fans ever along with spuds and sheff utd. None of them have done fvck all in the last 30yrs but all talk like they have man u's record.

49 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Not at all just my take on what a sad bunch of tw@s blunderland fans are.

They spent more time the last two seasons trying to make a rivalry with us than worrying about their own team going down the crapper.

Then slagging our atmosphere off when most of them left games 20mins before the end.

The most sad irritating fans ever along with spuds and sheff utd. None of them have done fvck all in the last 30yrs but all talk like they have man u's record.

Ah, fair enough. Sorry, it's just unusual, most fans of other clubs have no opinion on Sunderland. They're not a going concern for most. "Good crowds", is the best compliment they tend to get. "Ground empties when they're losing" is about as bad as it gets for them from other fans.

Newcastle United tends to divide opinions, either we're arrogant, deluded, gravy stained, sobbing, fat morons. Or we're good humoured, down to earth, knowledgeable fans, and good lads. Don't think we're helped by the muppets they shepherd onto 606, and the like. I think it rankles with some that we get far more attention than a lot of clubs that haven't won owt in decades. But Sunderland don't seem to generate the same strength of opinion.

Have to admit their malaise is tickling us at the minute, especially after the shit they gave us when we went down; "Rafa doesn't know the league", "You'll struggle with that team", "You've bought shit, and if you don't strengthen in January you'll drop",  "No wonder you're winning it, it's a pub league.", "You bought the title. Nobody else could afford Premier League players litke Gayle and Ritchie!"

If Coleman doesn't save them and get them promoted next season, the level of their debt could cripple them for years. c£130m, half to their owner, but half is external debt (that they're paying interest on).

On 12/5/2017 at 09:13, TheFish said:

Alright lads, Geordie in peace here

We've been on a shocking run but to be fair, we're a side newly promoted from the championship who haven't strengthened on that team much, if at all.

Hoping that Benitez sticks with the 4-2-3-1 that we used at the beginning of the season. Recent experimentation with 4-4-2 and 3-5-1-1 haven't really worked given the lack of quality in key areas.

On the positive side Merino should be fully fit, Gayle is in ok goal scoring form, young J.Murphy is growing in confidence and competence.

Predictions on Tyneside seem pretty mixed between wins draws and losses, but all think it'll be tight.

That is most definitely not a "North East" thing, that is a mackem thing and they've got form for similar.

If you want any pub/food/travel/hotel advice let me know.

What pubs near the ground, looks like it's going to be freezing so don't want to go far.

17 minutes ago, TheFish said:

What's near for you? And do you want a proper boozer, or a bar?

SJP is only a 15 minute walk the Central Station. And there's a stack of pubs there; Centurion, O'Neills, Head of Steam, The Forth, Town Wall, etc.

If you're staying up here, it depends on your hotel, if you're down by the Quayside, you'll want a couple on the way; to break up the uphill climb at the Crown Posada.

Best shouts for large numbers of away fans are the Union Rooms right by the station, or the Mile Castle which should be a decent mix. both of them are 10-15 from the ground.

If you're not bothered about staying with the away fans you could give Rosie's a shot, might be too busy mind. Obviously the Strawberry is the home pub, but as long as you don't act the **** you'll be fine. The Trent is a small home pub, but is very close to the ground. 

The Telegraph is a good pub, but it's 15min from the ground. Tilleys is a great bar with a good range of beers and is only 5 minutes from the ground. 

Town Wall and the Bridge Hotel are big pubs, but again, they might be further from the ground than I reckon you'll want.

Let me know what kind of pub you're after and I'll probably be able to give you a better suggestion than listing a dozen :D

Went in there last season no problems at all, may try it again on Saturday.

18 minutes ago, TheFish said:

What's near for you? And do you want a proper boozer, or a bar?

SJP is only a 15 minute walk the Central Station. And there's a stack of pubs there; Centurion, O'Neills, Head of Steam, The Forth, Town Wall, etc.

If you're staying up here, it depends on your hotel, if you're down by the Quayside, you'll want a couple on the way; to break up the uphill climb at the Crown Posada.

Best shouts for large numbers of away fans are the Union Rooms right by the station, or the Mile Castle which should be a decent mix. both of them are 10-15 from the ground.

If you're not bothered about staying with the away fans you could give Rosie's a shot, might be too busy mind. Obviously the Strawberry is the home pub, but as long as you don't act the **** you'll be fine. The Trent is a small home pub, but is very close to the ground. 

The Telegraph is a good pub, but it's 15min from the ground. Tilleys is a great bar with a good range of beers and is only 5 minutes from the ground. 

Town Wall and the Bridge Hotel are big pubs, but again, they might be further from the ground than I reckon you'll want.

Let me know what kind of pub you're after and I'll probably be able to give you a better suggestion than listing a dozen :D

Not staying so only 2-3 hours before the game, prefer smaller pubs and would have tried the strawberry before but didn't think we would get in.

6 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Went in there last season no problems at all, may try it again on Saturday.

It's a good pub, not particularly big though and get's properly busy on matchday.

Don't go to Nine Bar by the way. It's part of the ground, and it's a decent size, but it's massively overpriced, and the beer is shit.

1 minute ago, red5 said:

Not staying so only 2-3 hours before the game, prefer smaller pubs and would have tried the strawberry before but didn't think we would get in.

You driving up or getting the train?

All of Tilley's, The Trent, Rosies, and stumbling distance from the ground. Further afield, maybe the Duke of Wellington?

Hoping for another 3points for Leicester as we’re playing so well and some decent football at times, but normally when we play struggling sides they tend to be on the resurgence and we get Bugger all from the game !

Morgan and Maguire need to keep close to Gayle as he’s been excellent for them of late so keep him quiet and we could be coming back with all 3 points, hoping Newcastle are still underperforming ?  !!

6 hours ago, Brooksy said:

Surprises me how many people predict us to score 4 away from home. When was the last time we did that in a prem game?

Not since 2014 when we put 5 past Man Utd. But we have won 3-0 multiple times in the last 4 years.

EDIT. You meant away from home. Derby 20 years ago or so. 

Edited by Koke

Aye, wrap up warm. You'll get no protection from the elements up Mt Everest. 

Oh and for the lads who're staying overnight, if you're down on the Quayside, there's a yellow bus that takes you up what could be a very slippery steep hill. Think it's about £2 for a return

• Like 2

Watford absolutely ripped these apart by exploiting Newcastle's hopeless fullbacks. I wonder if Benitez will learn his lesson and have them tuck in against us? Either way Gray and Goldilocks should have real joy against these. If they do park the bus I'm confident Puel has a plan b or even c to break them down. If they attack us (unlikely) we'll smash them.