Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Mark Clattenburg had a plan - Chelsea 2 Spurs 2 that game

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

It was funny at the time but imagine if that thug Dier ended Fsbregas or Haxard csreer wurh one if his several disgusting tackles.

Wow when you look at all them fouls together it’s an absolute disgrace no one got sent off. 

****ing hate spurs. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Koke said:

It was funny at the time but imagine if that thug Dier ended Fsbregas or Haxard csreer wurh one if his several disgusting tackles.

Fawking disgrace of a referree job. He allowed potential serious injury to take place by refusing to send players off. Chelsea should be incensed, we could as well in the event tottenham scored a late winner.

Sorry mark you fcked up large and should have just kept your pie hole shut.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I think you've misinterpreted the problem then. He wasn't helping us at all he was helping spurs by not making decisions against them...

I read the piece, I haven't misinterpreted anything. By association, he is trying to grab his own little piece of the glory of one of the biggest sporting upsets in history. If this was a game that had no affect on the title race, he wouldn't have mentioned it. You may disagree, but I stand by my original post.

Edited by Max Wall

Surely this is one step away from match fixing?

He held the destiny of the game, lucky for us the outcome worked out for us, perhaps lucky is the wrong word because the correct outcome prevailed but if it had stayed 2-0 when Tottenham should have had one, two, even three players sent off and we didn't win the title it would have been a disgrace - We would have won it regardless I think but we all want correct decisions - Also as has been mentioned where was the protection to the players.

You've got to question the FA/FIFA (Who we all know are abit dodgy and arguably corrupt), other referees (I see Jon Moss has admitted a mistake today - Shock!) and most certainly his integrity.

Yep, as I've thought about it more the implications of this are pretty huge. How many other games have been influenced by the referee's 'game plan'? He has really thrust the game's integrity into question here.

Is this why Kompany wasn't sent off the other week?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I read the piece, I haven't misinterpreted anything. By association, he is trying to grab his own little piece of the glory of one of the biggest sporting upsets in history. If this was a game that had no affect on the title race, he wouldn't have mentioned it. You may disagree, but I stand by my original post.

He's definitely trying to grab a piece of glory but he's not saying he somehow helped us win which is what you said.  He was giving Spuds as much chance as he could by refusing to send players off for fear of being accused of match fixing.  The fact that they bottled it for themselves despite the aid of being invulnerable to sending offs proves how little this match really had to do with the title race, we'd already put enough pressure on Spuds ourselves, technically we'd done enough a few weeks prior against Sunderland. Imo it borders on match fixing for Spurs but of course the media will never paint it that way and nobody official will pull him up on it.

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

He's definitely trying to grab a piece of glory but he's not saying he somehow helped us win which is what you said.  He was giving Spuds as much chance as he could by refusing to send players off for fear of being accused of match fixing.  The fact that they bottled it for themselves despite the aid of being invulnerable to sending offs proves how little this match really had to do with the title race, we'd already put enough pressure on Spuds ourselves, technically we'd done enough a few weeks prior against Sunderland. Imo it borders on match fixing for Spurs but of course the media will never paint it that way and nobody official will pull him up on it.

So he decides (Off his own back) to admit actual match fixing by refusing to show red cards instead of making correct decisions?

Because that is what it is.

It's been obvious for some time that Clattenburg is a card-deaing attention-seeker with far too big an ego for his job.  He's only doubled down by becoming a "personality" on NBC Sports.  Which is a better job fit for him.

On his first broadcast, he made it clear he might like to return to referreeing.  I hope ... HOPE .. this admission would make that impossible.  At any level above the Liga Panameña anyway.

Very good ref but a massive wand.

Hes sort of right and sort of very wrong in what's he said  but let's not pretend he's the first ref to try and manage a messy game like that instead of getting card happy. Very odd he's made public comments like that though. All worked out ok in the end I guess.

• Like 1

Always would have had more regard for Clattenburg over moss that he didnt screw us over against Swansea the week after the vardy altercation but this story is incredible.

Would he have been so vocal now if a players leg was broken that night? Luckily there was no major harm done.

12 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I don't care what he said, the inference is still there. He simply wouldn't mention it otherwise. He wants to remind everyone the he played a part in the game which lead to us winning the title.

Edited by Max Wall

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

The man is a cvnt and trying to take our glory.

But as I've said a seasons 38 games not 90mins.

Clatts go blow your dad.

Yes to the first part. No to the second.

Cant say it didnt affect us but we still would have finished the job regardless.

4 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I don't care what he said, the inference is still there. He simply wouldn't mention it otherwise.

All I'm saying is that the inference is he was match fixing in Spurs' favour and he's taking credit for 'allowing' them to screw it up.  You're saying he's somehow claiming credit for our win which is the complete opposite and patently wrong... unless you're saying he mind-gamed the Spurs players into bottling?  Don't give him that much credit!

Edited by Carl the Llama