Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Mark Clattenburg had a plan - Chelsea 2 Spurs 2 that game

5 minutes ago, LCFC BEAST said:

I have the urge to watch the game now!

Does anyone know where I can find a full 90 minute version of the match? Preferably with Sky Sports commentary? 

Probs on here somewhere.

Nvm, they don't have it anymore I just checked.  Too old.

Edited by Carl the Llama

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Sorry Blue ROI I've had a few but I don't get what your saying.

Cant agree with the thinking that he's taken a bit of our glory.

People are going to look badly on Clattenburg. Nobody will think anything better or worse of Leicester in all of this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

All I'm saying is that the inference is he was match fixing in Spurs' favour and he's taking credit for 'allowing' them to screw it up.  You're saying he's somehow claiming credit for our win which is the complete opposite and patently wrong... unless you're saying he mind-gamed the Spurs players into bottling?  Don't give him that much credit!

There's no point in carrying this on really. We disagree, it's that simple. I don't care what he's actually said, I'm reading into it in a different way. Your point has just as much validity as mine, I just don't agree with it and vice versa. I certainly don't want to fall out about it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

There's no point in carrying this on really. We disagree, it's that simple. I don't care what he's actually said, I'm reading into it in a different way. Your point has just as much validity as mine, I just don't agree with it and vice versa. I certainly don't want to fall out about it.

Tbh idgaf that he tried to help them because we'd already done all the work and they were beyond help but I do think it's a bit scandalous that he'd admit to deliberately not sending players off despite knowing they merited it.

5 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Tbh idgaf that he tried to help them because we'd already done all the work and they were beyond help but I do think it's a bit scandalous that he'd admit to deliberately not sending players off despite knowing they merited it.

The point for me is, I don't think he did try to help them. I think the match unfolded in the way it did, he bottled decisions and is subsequently trying to give a false impression that he was totally in control, which he patently wasn't. I still stand by the statement that he would never have said a word about this match if it hadn't resulted in City winning the league at the final whistle. I think his inference that he, in some way, knowingly helped spuds by not sending players off and having a 'game plan' for the match is utter bollox.

Edited by Max Wall

13 minutes ago, Tuna said:

All this reporting of Tottenham   'losing the title'  is really annoying me.

What title? 

We were top from what early January or whatever it was?

Tottenham were never in with a sniff. 

Remind me someone how long Tottenham were top of the league for in 2015-2016? Exactly. 

Clattenberg ought to be punished for failing to enforce the letter of the law.

Went top boxing day if I remember correctly 

2 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

The point for me is, I don't think he did try to help them. I think the match unfolded in the way it did, he bottled decisions and is subsequently trying to give a false impression that he was totally in control, which he patently wasn't. I still stand by the statement that he would never have said a word about this match if it hadn't resulted in City winning the league at the final whistle. I think his inference that he, in some way, knowingly helped spuds by not sending players off and having a 'game plan' for the match is utter bollox.

Well I guess not because nobody would have any reason to ask him about it :D 

I see what you're getting at though. I think I'd file it more under saving face than claiming credit but yeah it's a possible interpretation I agree.

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Well I guess not because nobody would have any reason to ask him about it :D 

I see what you're getting at though. I think I'd file it more under saving face than claiming credit but yeah it's a possible interpretation I agree.

Who knows Carl, maybe it is just as he said it. I just highly doubt it. What we can all agree on is that, whether it was a game plan or not, his refereeing of that particular game was utterly appalling. 

23 minutes ago, Tuna said:

All this reporting of Tottenham   'losing the title'  is really annoying me.

What title? 

We were top from what early January or whatever it was?

Tottenham were never in with a sniff. 

Remind me someone how long Tottenham were top of the league for in 2015-2016? Exactly. 

Clattenberg ought to be punished for failing to enforce the letter of the law.

They were in with a sniff, after we drew with West Brom at home they had a great chance to turn the screw but, true to form, they bottled it the next night and lost to West Ham.

By the time the Chelsea game rolled around it was as good as over agreed. 

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

They were in with a sniff, after we drew with West Brom at home they had a great chance to turn the screw but, true to form, they bottled it the next night and lost to West Ham.

By the time the Chelsea game rolled around it was as good as over agreed. 

Change the West's around!lol

ILSpur said: 
So, if I have this straight, here's what he's implying.

1. He was biased before the match and had a game plan for how he was going to let us hang ourselves and for us to "lose the title".

2. He is admitting that he kept players on the pitch, even though both sides were participating in dangerous tackles, and potentially put players in harms way just so he wouldn't get the attention.

3. He personally benefited from the way he managed the game, as well as the final outcome.

Is this going to go without any type of repercussions for him?
Not only did that shit lead to Chelsea finding their way back in to the game, it also lead to Dembele being suspended for six games, missing the start of the 16/17 season, possibly costing us the title. Should be sued by the club and Dembele, the ****.

He cost Spurs the title 2 years in a row with just one game! He literally owes them the 12 points they needed to finish ahead of us and Arsenal, and the 8 they needed to finish above Chelsea!

Spurs really are a laughing stock!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Change the West's around!lol

Your getting mixed up (lol) Pretty sure the situation I'm referring too I have them the right way round. I'm talking about the rondon Gardner for them drink water king for us game and I can't remember who scored but West Ham beat them 1-0 the next night....had they won that they'd of been top with ten games left.

We we did draw 2-2 with West Ham though.....they drew with West Brom 1-1 but think they were a week or two apart. West Brom draw was the game that did kill it for them though I agree.

15 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:
ILSpur said: 
So, if I have this straight, here's what he's implying.

1. He was biased before the match and had a game plan for how he was going to let us hang ourselves and for us to "lose the title".

2. He is admitting that he kept players on the pitch, even though both sides were participating in dangerous tackles, and potentially put players in harms way just so he wouldn't get the attention.

3. He personally benefited from the way he managed the game, as well as the final outcome.

Is this going to go without any type of repercussions for him?
Not only did that shit lead to Chelsea finding their way back in to the game, it also lead to Dembele being suspended for six games, missing the start of the 16/17 season, possibly costing us the title. Should be sued by the club and Dembele, the ****.

He cost Spurs the title 2 years in a row with just one game! He literally owes them the 12 points they needed to finish ahead of us and Arsenal, and the 8 they needed to finish above Chelsea!

Spurs really are a laughing stock!

Love the way he feels keeping his thuggish players on the field hindered them rather than sending them off.

Like chelsea were less likely to get into the game playing against 11 rather than 9

"I've never felt an atmosphere in a stadium before like that before, because of Chelsea had stopped one of the enemies winning the title."

What the heck he's talking about? "Chelsea had stopped one of the enemies winning the title" ??

It sounds like it was the last game of the season and winning that game would've mean winning the title.

It isn't even funny.

He is probably right about the Spurs mob making endless excuses but still he and other officials should just do their job and not worry about what some bloke in the stands or media room think.

They must know what ever decisions are made someone won't be happy...

Anyway I am pretty sure most of the press would have supported him as Spurs deserved to have players sent off.

Sounds like he wanted to protect his own ego and interests.

This has been doing the rounds online in various forms:

Looks like Tottenham’s Golden Era is coming to an end. But what an amazing era it was!

Premier League x 0
FA Cup x 0
League Cup x 0
Champions League x 0
Europa League x 0
Finished above Arsenal x 1
Unforgettable minutes at the top of the league x 13
Pushing Chelsea really, really hard x 0

Incredible!

All of that is now probably Clattenburg's fault.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Google headline above the link to The Mirror's take on this story is:
Clattenberg admits Chelsea bias during infamous clash with Tottenham.

Spurs media again.

Clattenburg's a joke for this I'm afraid. Did always rate him as a ref but this is a ridiculous admission. At least we now know that games aren't being reffed properly after plenty of suspicion.

• Like 1